Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government flip flops / school closures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Rosita wrote: »
    PE is an LC examination subject in some schools.

It's timetabled separately to non exam PE. It would be in a block the same as French or Geography or Engineering. We have it in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,249 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It's timetabled separately to non exam PE. It would be in a block the same as French or Geography or Engineering. We have it in my school.

Different in our school, non and exam PE run at the same time. Another example of how every school is different.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Rosita

Went into my school to pick up stuff today and was told by a member of the senior management team that they'd not get close to me as they were a "close contact"! Yikes! This is gone away out of hand.

Different in our school, non and exam PE run at the same time. Another example of how every school is different.

That is completely nuts. In no other subject would you have a bunch of students not doing the subject for an exam.

Our ETB are along these lines. No students in til Wednesday, hoping that things will be sorted by then. Not in breech of anything, but at the same time not opening the doors on Monday.

Ours is being strangely quiet. We got an email on Tuesday about preparation for online learning but nothing since.

• Advertisement

That is completely nuts. In no other subject would you have a bunch of students not doing the subject for an exam.

They are completely seperate. One group is doing the mix of sports science, PE, etc, have their own classroom and access to sports hall, the other groups are out playing rugby rounders or forging notes to get out of PE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Richard Chambers is reporting on Twitter that the PDA- Principals and Deputy Principals' Association have asked for the LC return plan to be scrapped.

I have to admit I have never heard of them before.

They're part of the TUI, separate to NAPD.
    We received surveys from both around lunchtime with a deadline for later. Seems strange that they're doing press releases prior to getting survey results back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Have they cancelled CBAs yet I wonder? They’re an absolute farce at the best of times. Supposed to be starting on Monday and if I’m asked to try do it remotely I will either laugh or cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm so confused by it all. I'm hearing of teachers being told they HAVE to be on site to teach. Teachers being told they CANNOT be on site to teach except for the LC's.

How is this not clear at this stage? Its absolute insanity

They are completely seperate. One group is doing the mix of sports science, PE, etc, have their own classroom and access to sports hall, the other groups are out playing rugby rounders or forging notes to get out of PE

It sounded like the classes were in together. They are timetables at the same time but are separate classes then.

• Advertisement

Teachers being told they CANNOT be on site to teach except for the LC's.

How is this not clear at this stage? Its absolute insanity

How are they expecting them to teach the rest of their classes then???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Presumably, schedule work for them if going ot be on the commute?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

I received a reply from a Green Party TD. Generic and insisting in multiple paragraphs that schools are safe. Also compared us to other workers such as those in retail etc.

Very unimpressed.

From the car park.

Edit: this was meant to be a joke, but it would not surprise me if it was an option mentioned by DES

I received a reply from a Green Party TD. Generic and insisting in multiple paragraphs that schools are safe. Also compared us to other workers such as those in retail etc.

Very unimpressed.

He didn't comment so on why the Dáil has reduced sittings and numbers who can attend? Thought not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Went into my school to pick up stuff today and was told by a member of the senior management team that they'd not get close to me as they were a "close contact"! Yikes! This is gone away out of hand.

Yet they shouldn’t have been in themselves !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

He didn't comment so on why the Dáil has reduced sittings and numbers who can attend? Thought not.

CO2 levels so high cant remain conscious !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Very unimpressed.

Did he produce the evidence? Here's mine:
    https://neu.org.uk/press-releases/ons-huge-surge-school-infection

https://inews.co.uk/news/education/coronavirus-schools-virus-rates-teachers-higher-local-community-figures-818457

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

That person needs to be reported to the BOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

"Went into my school to pick up stuff today and was told by a member of the senior management team that they'd not get close to me as they were a "close contact"! Yikes! This is gone away out of hand."

What the f##k? Senior management moron. Jesus wept!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Gary Gannon on Newstalk now

Gary Gannon on Newstalk now

He's muddying the water with what he's suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

What?

alroley wrote: »
    What?

Children in mainstream classes with additional needs should be catered for.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Pursefan

Staff meeting on Zoom. Total waste of time. Looking at LCs in tues,wed,Thursday. Face to face teaching with new timetables for them. You also have to post work for other classes as per your timetable. Assigned Classrooms again to facilitate online teaching. Possibly reduced lunchtime.
    Hopefully this will not come to pass. Madness.
    Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

I had to step out of the room (two year old testing the theory of gravity!) What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Panga

I can agree 100% with Gary Cannon's final message.
    Close schools completely for now.
    When it is safe to reopen, prioritize children with additional needs.

That person needs to be reported to the BOM.

Yeah, thought it was crazy.

From the car park.

Edit: this was meant to be a joke, but it would not surprise me if it was an option mentioned by DES

But the point stands. Safe for us to have 24 students in a room, but not safe to sit in that room on our own for the next class and teach online.

• Advertisement

Children in mainstream classes with additional needs should be catered for.

I saw his tweet on that earlier. He's just looking for an angle so his voice is heard in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement