Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching pyjamas... When did it become a thing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It's a never ending disappointment I'll have in them that I'll never be able to get over, a "one off" wouldn't do justice to the amount of estimation I have for them leaving me every time i think of them agreeing to doing something like this

If you develop into a different sort of human being, the disappointment may leave you. Don't write off the future as never ending disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

bazz26 wrote: »
    What will we have next, matching face coverings?

Salon days where men like this can get their manginas waxed with the wife

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

anewme wrote: »
    They could well do.

Might even have a set for the dog.

Keep your eyes out for them in your watts app group so you can spontaneously combust with disappointment.

The poor dog

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The poor dog

Dog will be grand with all the gifts from Santa Paws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

At least the trend of going shopping in pj's has almost disappeared, had my own shop 12-15 yrs ago and fcuked them out, wouldn't serve them, told them to come back when they were dressed,) lost 2 customers over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

alias no.9 wrote: »
    11734099.jpg

Oooh, Matron....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When mass consumerism told us it was a thing and idiots took the bait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

CageWager wrote: »
    Its a testament to how whipped most men are nowadays. If you are older than 30, try to imagine the reaction your dad would have had if your mother attempted to have him wear matching Pj’s.

Maybe things have moved on for the better and men today are more easy going, loving, and in for the fun with their families. That's a good thing. Being like my da who is 'hard' and does nothing but work having no real relationships with anyone is not an ideal to aspire to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭pgj2015

At least the trend of going shopping in pj's has almost disappeared, had my own shop 12-15 yrs ago and fcuked them out, wouldn't serve them, told them to come back when they were dressed,) lost 2 customers over it

You just lost 2 slobs, I wouldn't worry about them.

A lot of men are total pussies these days, whipped beyond belief. id say the wives would cheat on them with someone more manly given half a chance.

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    You just lost 2 slobs, I wouldn't worry about them.

A lot of men are total pussies these days, whipped beyond belief. id say the wives would cheat on them with someone more manly given half a chance.

You need a hug mate? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Stateofyou wrote: »
    You need a hug mate? :pac:

not at all. There is something very pathetic though about these whipped "men"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I see friends of mine putting up pictures all coordinated with the kids and the wife in the Christmas pjs, my estimation of them has gone down exponentially, great crack sending the pictures around in the WhatsApp groups tho, I can only imagine it's the women behind all this nonsense but why any self respecting man would wear any pyjamas let alone xmas ones is totally beyond me, any sort of pyjamas on a grown man just leaves me thinking they still yearn to be hanging off mammys tit and have fantasies of getting their adult nappies changed while suckin on a soother
    I wear pyjamas (in bed). I don't lack self esteem or experience the yearnings or fantasies you describe. Pyjamas are a practical item of night attire and hygienic. Sleeping in your underwear or completely naked are neither of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

It's all these 'celebs' you see constantly on the news sites ( I don't click on the story's).
    Every day the same c#!ting faces on there, so and so had a ****e today, so and so scratched their hole today, and so on.

Its these 'influencers' I blame for alot of this tripe.

Its the ones here commenting on others being whipped because they are not afraid to show their feelings are pathetic.

Projecting their own inadequacies onto others.

The real men dont cry brigade.

No wonder men are afraid to speak out about their mental health.

Thankfully, these fossils, like the dinosaurs are slowly becoming extinct.

You know your posts come off as being sucked into toxic masculinity, right? Bring on the slew of laughs and comments, I know they're coming. :D

Toxic masculinity doesn't mean men are toxic. The term refers to cultural pressures for men to behave in a certain way. And a lot of those expectations society puts on men is harmful. To not cry, to be hard, not express feelings especially ones that are deemed as "feminine", aggressiveness, strength, etc. It's actually damaging to mental health and has negative knock on effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Maybe things have moved on for the better and men today are more easy going, loving, and in for the fun with their families. That's a good thing. Being like my da who is 'hard' and does nothing but work having no real relationships with anyone is not an ideal to aspire to.

My dad was great fun and played games with us non stop. He just wouldn’t have accepted being treated like a prop by his wife. He also wouldn’t have allowed his children to be broadcast on the internet. There were standards in those days. We have not “moved on for the better”. We have regressed terribly IMHO.

My dad was great fun and played games with us non stop. He just wouldn’t have accepted being treated like a prop by his wife. He also wouldn’t have allowed his children to be broadcast on the internet. There were standards in those days. We have not “moved on for the better”. We have regressed terribly IMHO.

Hmm... so is it still being a prop if no one ever sees those photos? As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, matching pyjamas has been going on for decades, long before social media was a thing.

Social media is here to stay, and while it has had some harmful effects it has also brought people closer together. People live and work all over the world these days and it helps people to still feel connected and see each other's lives. I enjoy seeing my friends and their families and the craic who are spread all over the world in Australia, US, Canada, NL... I could go on.
    I wouldn't say family life on social media is all bad.

You know your posts come off as being sucked into toxic masculinity, right? Bring on the slew of laughs and comments, I know they're coming. :D

Toxic masculinity doesn't mean men are toxic. The term refers to cultural pressures for men to behave in a certain way. And a lot of those expectations society puts on men is harmful. To not cry, to be hard, not express feelings especially ones that are deemed as "feminine", aggressiveness, strength, etc. It's actually damaging to mental health and has negative knock on effect.

It seems there's no other form of masculinity other than the "toxic" variety these days. It's becoming a tired catch phrase.

It seems there's no other form of masculinity other than the "toxic" variety these days. It's becoming a tired catch phrase.

It's not a catch phrase. It's a term that describes a reality in society. Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

It's not a catch phrase. It's a term that describes a reality in society. Simple as that.

That's the initial problem - people don't know what it actually refers to.

Yeah, good God, the matching pyjamas thing is tragic..

Your Face wrote: »
    That's the initial problem - people don't know what it actually refers to.

Ah yeah, that's true. That's why I was sure to write a quick definition. Otherwise it just gets the back up and closes minds automatically. I know because that was my initial reaction too. But there's more to it if people just have a look at it.

It's hard to see things sometimes that we were reared in, as having a bad effect. We're too close to it and habits and beliefs are set.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The OP did not say it was wives who organised the pictures. Other posters assumed that the husbands are being forced to join in. Would your mother have allowed "her" children to be broadcast on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Wonder how many families done the whole matching PJs and didn't post it on social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I thought arseless pyjamas were the big thing this year, at least according to the ads I see online......:D

The OP did not say it was wives who organised the pictures. Other posters assumed that the husbands are being forced to join in. Would your mother have allowed "her" children to be broadcast on the internet?

Are you seriously trying to make the argument that its the men who want these pictures? Lolz. Just like men also want to blow an entire years salary on “their” wedding, right? Or 3 months salary on a diamond ring? Mutual decision making is great these days - i.e the wife mutually decides what “they” want and then the big nodding dog does as he’s told.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Wonder how many families done the whole matching PJs and didn't post it on social media?

I’d guess somewhere around zero %

I thought arseless pyjamas were the big thing this year, at least according to the ads I see online......:D

I saw an ad for one like the Westerns with a flap for the arse, but Xmas patterned with a woman wearing it, well weird. Not exactly a flattering look.

• Advertisement

Are you seriously trying to make the argument that its the men who want these pictures? Lolz. Just like men also want to blow an entire year’s salary on “their” wedding, right? Or 3 months salary on a diamond ring? Mutual decision making is great these days - i.e the wife mutually decides what “they” want and then the big nodding dog does as he’s told.

Stop Putting people in boxes like "the men" and 'the women" - people are individuals who can make up their own mind.

Theres a rather weird cohort on Boards with a hatred for women and an extreme persecution complex.

Man wears pajamas and has a laugh with his kids- must be bullied into it by a woman. Wouldn't cross their mind that these "whipped" men dont take themselves too seriously and are just having a laugh with their families.

Lot of so called 'men" here threatened by a man wearing pajamas,

Advertisement