Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXX-113,332 ROI(2,282 deaths) 81,251 NI (1,384 deaths) (05/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Stheno wrote: »
    Given people are reporting less than 24 hours from having a test to a result do you think they would go back as far as the 23rd?

Numbers from the 25th could be swabs from the 23rd. Numbers on the 26th will be mainly tests from the 24th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

SPDUB wrote: »
    Sounds like a Bond villain company

Not that exciting lol, but it's one of the companies that has been developing a vaccine. Not involved in it directly myself, work in their IT development arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

50 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Would be really surprised, if we won't follow rest of the Europe on case numbers and sadly on the other things too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Oh dear that is high.

• Advertisement

It was obvious numbers would drop when we stopped testing 40 thousand in 2 days and the festive period comes to a close.

There was no need to panic, but we did, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭lukas8888

I know it sounds mad but I wouldn't be surprised given who I work for, their huge resources and how involved they are in this pandemic. They're not perfect but they can get things done.

Possibly when multiple vaccines come on stream and supply is plentiful,but in the short to medium time frame no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Rte reporting the vaccination is being rolled out on Tuesday,a day ahead. The lads are cutting their holidays short.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'd guess a backlog of around 800-1000 cases has been built up but we will see,

It is all being skewed due to Christmas, best guess is our case load on normal testing numbers is around 1,000 daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I know it sounds mad but I wouldn't be surprised given who I work for, their huge resources and how involved they are in this pandemic. They're not perfect but they can get things done.

Still very unlikely, as it has to be properly coordinated for data recording, medical records etc.
    I don't care if they are making the vaccine in front of you, they still can't just vaccinate you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I still can't get over us idiots not giving out the vaccine today.

It was obvious numbers would drop when we stopped testing 40 thousand in 2 days and the festive period comes to a close.

There was no need to panic, but we did, again.

Can't get my head around of this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Blast numbers high in Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ax530

octsol wrote: »
    Is this true. Saw this online

Latest HSE protocol to only test close contacts once is a recipe for disaster. As so many are only testing positive on the second test. Another major blunder that will have COVID positive people out and about and back to work

Perhaps contact tracing slow due to numbers they not getting in on time for the first test just the day7 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Should have lined the port tunnel with our sleeves rolled up and had them throw them like darts out of the truck.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Can't get my head around of this post.

He uses Trump logic. You know the cases only exist because you are testing more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭prunudo

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Same here in Wicklow, but wouldn't read too much into it. I suspect numbers will be up and down until the new year when testing gets back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

They won’t be “giving out” the vaccine at all.

There are procedures and protocols to be followed.

The two or three days they take to get started won’t make a blind bit of difference.

It’s just another think for the permanently outraged to latch on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Case numbers will peak in around 10 days from today, probably at around 2000 per day, we will then see a steady decline.

I would anticipate non-essential retail will close from 2January for around 4 weeks.

It is going to be a long January

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Case numbers will peak in around 10 days from today, probably at around 2000 per day, we will then see a steady decline.

I would anticipate non-essential retail will close from 2January for around 4 weeks.

Add February

Varadkar said today that the current restrictions will be for a prolonged period

• Advertisement

Allinall wrote: »
    They won’t be “giving out” the vaccine at all.

There are procedures and protocols to be followed.

The two or three days they take to get started won’t make a blind bit of difference.

It’s just another think for the permanently outraged to latch on to.

Unless they still working on them.

You are right, might won't make a difference. But I guess public was expecting a bit more. Speaking for myself, I certainly was. As it was pointed many times, we need public buy in more than ever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭fm

50 admitted because of covid?

I'd say case numbers will peak much later, we are still heading for a New year..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

A nurse in Waterford told me there has been a large outbreak in a non-Covid ward yesterday. So that may be contributing to the hospital increase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

We'll be looking at far more than 2,000 cases per day in 10 days time.

Christmas day has the potential to kick this into another gear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Stheno wrote: »
    Yes they stopped the second test due to demand last week iirc

As a close contact to a positive case, I had my second test today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

KrustyUCC wrote: »

At least some of those will be connected to the outbreak in the Direct Provision Center.

WIth Level 5 Cork always seems to come down quite quickly, and to numbers far lower than you'd expect given its population.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

What’s the difference between ICU and hospitalisation? Like I get the fact ICU is critical/more serious but what exactly does hospitalisation exactly mean/look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Horrifically high. I sincerely hope it does not continue on that trajectory for the next 14 days or we will be goosed. We done well so far to avoid some of the images from Italy and New York.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Golfwidow wrote: »
    As a close contact to a positive case, I had my second test today

Good to know. It was the Indo I read it in earlier this week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement