Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Anyone know what happens IPOC when it merges? I have IPOC shares and they are supposed to go to Clover Health. Just curious to know how the stock is affected.

Also, is there a way to track the gains/losses per day of your portfolio in DeGiro. They have it displayed when you log in but only for the current trading day. Can't find historical info

From folloiwng @MrZackMorris on Twitter and his crew, they seem to think it is going to the moon.. if that helps.. which it probably doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone know what happens IPOC when it merges? I have IPOC shares and they are supposed to go to Clover Health. Just curious to know how the stock is affected.
    From a practical point of view, Degiro will show a sale of IPOC and a purchase of a new share, some day next week. From a price point of view, probably a drop initially. A lot of SPAC hunters will sell and use the money to buy another SPAC. And SPAC funds will sell the shares. It'll then trade on fundamentals so will rise over time (hopefully)
    Also, is there a way to track the gains/losses per day of your portfolio in DeGiro. They have it displayed when you log in but only for the current trading day. Can't find historical info
    No, I can't find anything like that. I have a google spreadsheet on my phone where I note the value of my portfolio at the close each day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭roosterman71

80s Child wrote: »
    From folloiwng @MrZackMorris on Twitter and his crew, they seem to think it is going to the moon.. if that helps.. which it probably doesn't

Doesn't :D
    Is that a spammer account that pumps stocks and then people pile in and they cash out when the price goes up a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

Delighted to log into Degiro and see my P/L in the green. I've finally done well enough to write off my Australian disaster that was TAW. Huge chunk never to be seen again, good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John.burke

crushproof wrote: »
    Delighted to log into Degiro and see my P/L in the green. I've finally done well enough to write off my Australian disaster that was TAW. Huge chunk never to be seen again, good riddance.

Any idea when we can use the TAW loss? Position yet to close per my degiro dash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

It's even more sickening to see the turnaround in other lithium miners that I keep an eye on, GXY, LTR and PLS. :(

John.burke wrote: »
    Any idea when we can use the TAW loss? Position yet to close per my degiro dash

No idea unfortunately, still sticks out as a sore red thumb whenever I log onto Degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

That's a blast from the past.
    My first introduction to penny stocks, same as you I'm clawing my way back to green for last 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John.burke

No idea unfortunately, still sticks out as a sore red thumb whenever I log onto Degiro

Ah shtopp, you live and learn I suppose but we could all do without the reminder when logging in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Nice bit of green today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,978 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Motoring in the green today, portfolio up 1.5% but see that TEAM, FSLY & KO are down 2-3% so picking up a few more of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

The disconnect from reality in this market never fails to surprise me!

Cut a company like Coca Cola that pay a nice dividend and has a low PE and raise companies like Tesla that have a PE of 1400.

I like Tesla as a company and they will do well but the way these 'analysts' go on you'd think Tesla has no competition or will never have any competition. If people don't think the likes of Toyota, BMW, GM or even the likes of apple won't catch up then I think your mad. The market isn't endless for Tesla, and yes, I get that they are as much of a tech company as a ev company.

Tesla's market cap is equal to the combined market cap of Toyota, Volkswagon, Bmw, honda, GM, Ford, Porche, Ferrari, SAP & DraftKings.

They only sold half a million cars in 2020, again I'm not for a second saying its a bad company but I wonder if you invested 10k split between the above companies or 10k in Tesla which would be worth more in 10 years time???
    I know it will probably continue to rise but there's no justifying it

(I no longer feel confident in my prediction that there would be a 5% correct in Jan but I'm going to keep the 15% cash to play with on the side for now)

Very glad I held onto GAN in the end was down 25% now up 5%, the owl saying of its only a loss when you actually sell rings through!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

UsBus wrote: »
    I think they were always confident they had offtake contracts in the bag and would pick up once Chinese markets and the lithium price started to recover.

The entitlement shares are basically up 170 percent for shareholders. Once we get out of the pandemic and manufacturing takes off, the EV market could drive this stock way up, fingers crossed.!
    Yeah I see Degiro took some money for those last night aswell, still showing as a separate entry but should settle in the next 2 weeks. Im massively up there now, that was a pleasant Christmas surprise just likt the ETH and BTC bull run.

Fcuking TAW burned me badly aswell, Ill be getting it back hopefully by writing that off when I sell my crypto and a few others to buy a house this year even if they're still there in my portfolio, that money is gone, I think there is a provision with revenue that you can write something off as a loss even if its still there.

jams100 wrote: »
    Tesla's market cap is equal to the combined market cap of Toyota, Volkswagon, Bmw, honda, GM, Ford, Porche, Ferrari, SAP & DraftKings.

Very glad I held onto GAN in the end was down 25% now up 5%, the owl saying of its only a loss when you actually sell rings through!

The Tesla valuation is utterly nuts. I'm a sucker for never owning a share and keep not buying because I feel its so overvalued. Yet continues to go higher and higher.

Likewise I'm down 7% on GAN, held on and hopefully will turn green in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭positron

I am sure anyone who as TSLA shares are kicking themselves for not buying more back when they got in. it's heading to 800 (4000 pre-split). Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

positron wrote: »
    I am sure anyone who as TSLA shares are kicking themselves for not buying more back when they got in. it's heading to 800 (4000 pre-split). Madness.

Tell me about it, reminds me of BTC which I thought was madness and couldn't go any further so didnt invest. Then it went up and up and up and....

Maybe time to go with the flow, who knows?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Where's that guy who was going to short it at 700 6 months or so back???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I hope they split it again so history repeats itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Howdy folks, happy new year to all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Bought tsla back in July 2019 when at about $250. Sold at $900 pre the share split. Obviously would have been amazing to still be holding them...but I was delighted with my earnings when I sold, and still am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Canopy growth gave me a healthy 15% before I sold it today.

Might have legs to go more over the next few weeks.

Keeping an eye on a dip to re enter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

retalivity wrote: »
    Where's that guy who was going to short it at 700 6 months or so back???

Michael burry (the big short dude who won big in the 08 financial crisis) apparently went big on shorting Tesla back in early Dec, when it was 540$. He must be holding massive losses at the sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

I bought at 450 ish when it was quite volatile and not long after the split. I fancied a speculative trade on the basis of hype for battery day and S&P inclusion and just set an order of 10% below the price high it was hitting and it filled a day or two later. One of my biggest holdings at that price (only 11 shares) but it’s in a different brokerage account so thankfully doesn’t distort my view too much.

It’s hard to make sense of it and at the time I couldn’t help but doubt I was last to the party! I haven’t yet got comfortable with averaging up on existing stocks as I haven’t done enough (any meaningful...) DD and am still constructing a portfolio and experimenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Poor Elon got in trouble with the SEC for predicting 420 pre-split :D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

retalivity wrote: »
    Motoring in the green today, portfolio up 1.5% but see that TEAM, FSLY & KO are down 2-3% so picking up a few more of each.

May I ask your thoughts on FSLY its a ball ache of a stock for me. Its been getting hammered the last month or so from its 104 high. Should have cashed out. My BEP is 93 or so. I'm wary of the stock myself not sure to hold or just cut losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Anyone looking at Kerry Group. I was just reading about the possibility of them selling off the meat/meals section and spinning off diary (assume its due to lack of profit?) there was a jump when they announced they were looking into it. Wondering if its worth getting in on now if it goes ahead? I imagine they wouldn't faf about too long so I expect news on it this quarter or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Anyone looking at Kerry Group. I was just reading about the possibility of them selling off the meat/meals section and spinning off diary (assume its due to lack of profit?) there was a jump when they announced they were looking into it. Wondering if its worth getting in on now if it goes ahead? I imagine they wouldn't faf about too long so I expect news on it this quarter or next.

Purchased some more at low 100 s in November .To me its a solid well run investment/company . Its a stock I plan on holding very long term. At the moment it seem s to be classified as uncool or boring but when a lot of our more riskier punts go array , Kerry group will still be providing returns .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Was totally overtaken by FOMO on Monday and pounced on QS at $50. Sold out yesterday ay $60....sweet piece of business. Thanks Bcklschaps & Shedite27

Patience young Grasshopper. QS could be back at $100 before the week is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Patience young Grasshopper. QS could be back at $100 before the week is over.

What is QS? Late to the party, sorry.

• Advertisement

DutchYurt wrote: »
    May I ask your thoughts on FSLY its a ball ache of a stock for me. Its been getting hammered the last month or so from its 104 high. Should have cashed out. My BEP is 93 or so. I'm wary of the stock myself not sure to hold or just cut losses.

I've bought twice at 80, sold once at 97. I cant remember where or how I got into it, may well have been through a tip on here.

I picked Sturm Ruger back in Sept at $66 and later at $59, based on expected US election chaos. Took a bit longer than I thought to shoot up but its on a rocket today - even before all the madness that's currently going on in Washington.

Advertisement