Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anything especially undervalued based on the attack on the US Capitol?

This will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cronos wrote: »
    Anything especially undervalued based on the attack on the US Capitol?

This will pass.

Not directly capitol, but Trump forcing NYSE to delist them 3 CCP stocks is throwing all Chinese stock's again, BABA and JD.com took a hammering today https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/nyse-reverses-course-again-will-delist-three-chinese-telecom-stocks-11609945817

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Timmaay wrote: »
    Not directly capitol, but Trump forcing NYSE to delist them 3 CCP stocks is throwing all Chinese stock's again, BABA and JD.com took a hammering today https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/nyse-reverses-course-again-will-delist-three-chinese-telecom-stocks-11609945817

Bought some more baba at 226. My BEP is down to 243 now. Got very unlucky that I bought initially the day before the drop to 210/220. But taking advantage of the drop.

I've seen JD down around 80 a good bit so think it could drop some more. However BABA has taken a bad news bashing for months, only so much a stock can drop that has these fundamentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,335 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Will be investing in these 6, monthly, for the forseeable future, even split between each, I dont have the time to take massive risks in the search of big pay offs, but if I could clear 10-15% a year I'd be happy.

AIRBNB - ABNB
    Amazon - AMZN
    Regeneron - REGN
    ZOOM - ZM
    Beyond Meat - BYND
    AliBaba - BABA

I'll try post monthly as i review!
    Do you plan to invest monthly regardless of the price. ? Should you not reassess every month

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Will be investing in these 6, monthly, for the forseeable future, even split between each, I dont have the time to take massive risks in the search of big pay offs, but if I could clear 10-15% a year I'd be happy.

AIRBNB - ABNB
    Amazon - AMZN
    Regeneron - REGN
    ZOOM - ZM
    Beyond Meat - BYND
    AliBaba - BABA

I'll try post monthly as i review!
    ARK investments just keep buying more and more Regeneron, its in their top 10 holdings now but it just keeps trickling down every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ted1 wrote: »
    Do you plan to invest monthly regardless of the price. ? Should you not reassess every month

I doubt it, if I wanted active investing in would have chosen more speculative shares, I really just want to set and forget.
    I'll be using the pie feature and auto investing monthly, so I really won't be touching it much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thargor wrote: »
    ARK investments just keep buying more and more Regeneron, its in their top 10 holdings now but it just keeps trickling down every day.

Yep been following their moves on Regeneron, gotta believe their faith in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

cronos wrote: »
    Bought some more baba at 226. My BEP is down to 243 now. Got very unlucky that I bought initially the day before the drop to 210/220. But taking advantage of the drop.

I've seen JD down around 80 a good bit so think it could drop some more. However BABA has taken a bad news bashing for months, only so much a stock can drop that has these fundamentals.

Interested in Baba. Will be watching how today goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

treatyman wrote: »
    What is QS? Late to the party, sorry.

It formed via a spac but is a battery company building solid-state batteries for EV's. If they produce what they are claiming it could be a massive company as the battery is the most expensive part of an EV car.

The stock Is a yoyo stock - goes up and down so would be a scalpers dream if your good at reading charts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Any opinions on Fisker FSR? Fisker Ocean suv being launched late 2022. Manufacturing is being outsourced to a company called Magna who also produces cars for BMW, Daimler, Jaguar Land Rover and Toyota, will build the Ocean at its Graz, Austria, plant. Other models in the pipeline before 2025. Base price of $37500 for Fisker Ocean which is half of what the cheapest Tesla model x sells for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Any opinions on Fisker FSR? Fisker Ocean suv being launched late 2022. Manufacturing is being outsourced to a company called Magna who also produces cars for BMW, Daimler, Jaguar Land Rover and Toyota, will build the Ocean at its Graz, Austria, plant. Other models in the pipeline before 2025. Base price of $37500 for Fisker Ocean which is half of what the cheapest Tesla model x sells for.

One of my biggest holdings after NIO (my holdings are smallish tbh) and still a good price to get in at. It has a bit of a cult following for some reason but If you can sit on it for a few years its a cheap EV play. Henrik Fisker did go bankrupt before with his old car company but he's one of the best car designers in the world.

He's adding it to a unique leasing model and they will have showrooms similar to Tesla in the states. The Ocean is the first car and then there is a Sedan in the mix as well. I think the Ocean could do well in the states if they can produce them fast enough, they are huge on sustainability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    One of my biggest holdings after NIO (my holdings are smallish tbh) and still a good price to get in at. It has a bit of a cult following for some reason but If you can sit on it for a few years its a cheap EV play. Henrik Fisker did go bankrupt before with his old car company but he's one of the best car designers in the world.

He's adding it to a unique leasing model and they will have showrooms similar to Tesla in the states. The Ocean is the first car and then there is a Sedan in the mix as well. I think the Ocean could do well in the states if they can produce them fast enough, they are huge on sustainability.

NIO still makes me sick today, I traded that over the course of year buying and selling and making a profit. Bought another tranche at around USD3 and sold at USD8 a few months ago as I knew I wouldnt be able to day trade for a few months, I come back and see it at over 50!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You'll make that €80 back in no time

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone jump on Rigolo's mining companies? The one I've followed Argo Blockchain (ARB) is up 750% since he mentioned it on 9th Dec.
    If you're watching from afar, thanks Rigolo, 10 bagger in a month.

9c on 9th Dec
    £1.06 on 7th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭crushproof

kilns wrote: »
    NIO still makes me sick today, I traded that over the course of year buying and selling and making a profit. Bought another tranche at around USD3 and sold at USD8 a few months ago as I knew I wouldnt be able to day trade for a few months, I come back and see it at over 50!!

Don't worry there's plenty like you and I on this sub. I thought they were going nowhere at the start of last year and sold out.

I bought back in at 43, which sickened me after selling way way way below that. I'm hoping for a decent bounce in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

Just thought I'd share this view of the market.

So what’s Grantham’s complaint? The co-founder of the Boston-based investment manager GMO has a few: “Extreme overvaluation, explosive price increases, frenzied issuance, and hysterically speculative investor behaviour.” He likens the mood to the South Sea bubble, the Wall Street crash of 1929 and the turn-of-the-millennium dotcom mania.

To be clear, Grantham’s eyes are mainly on US markets, and many of his examples of excess relate to US tech valuations, especially Tesla, and the boom in listings on Wall Street last year of “blank cheque” special acquisition companies. But his broad thesis should still be noted: it is that, counterintuitively, the broad rollout of vaccines may be the moment that investors are forced to rethink.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2021/jan/06/veteran-investor-stock-market-jeremy-grantham-epic-bubble-wall-street

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

bob mcbob wrote: »

So what’s Grantham’s complaint? The co-founder of the Boston-based investment manager GMO has a few: “Extreme overvaluation, explosive price increases, frenzied issuance, and hysterically speculative investor behaviour.” He likens the mood to the South Sea bubble, the Wall Street crash of 1929 and the turn-of-the-millennium dotcom mania.

To be clear, Grantham’s eyes are mainly on US markets, and many of his examples of excess relate to US tech valuations, especially Tesla, and the boom in listings on Wall Street last year of “blank cheque” special acquisition companies. But his broad thesis should still be noted: it is that, counterintuitively, the broad rollout of vaccines may be the moment that investors are forced to rethink.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2021/jan/06/veteran-investor-stock-market-jeremy-grantham-epic-bubble-wall-street

Whilst I agree the broad rollout of vaccines is going to take between 6-9 months minimum so there's still plenty of yolo investing going on and speculative behavior over the next few months I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Magno_DT

RIGOLO wrote: »
    ARB - Argo Blockchain doing nicely this morning, still undervalued. Up 70% for me in a few weeks.

Did anyone else throw money into this? I put a bit into it on the back of Rigolo's post. It was just blind trust really, I don't know anything about it. It was 33 at the time and it has continued to rocket now to almost 80. Up 140 percent. But I don't know what to do now. Sell or hold.. Is there a Rigolo Bat sign we can shine towards the sky when we need to make contact with him?

Edit: My Degiro graph for it is showing 80 but in fact I think it's even higher than that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Came across this as well: https://theirrelevantinvestor.com/2021/01/05/one-of-the-great-bubbles-of-financial-history/

"Grantham is famous for calling the Japanese, tech, and housing bubbles. So when he speaks on this topic, investors pay attention. You can’t mention his prescient calls without mentioning the ones that didn’t come to fruition. It’s only fair to point out that he has been bearish for much of the recent bull market.

2010 - Have Cash, Wait for Stocks to Fall
    2011 - Grantham sees most global equities as ranging from “unattractive” to “very unattractive” – valuing the S&P 500 at “no more than 950.”
    2012 - Jeremy Grantham Warns 2013 Will Be A Dangerous Year For Stocks
    2013 - Much of everything else is once again brutally overpriced
    2014 - Big stock bubble will end badly in 2016
    2015 - GMO founder Grantham says markets ‘ripe for major decline’ in 2016"

Maybe he's 100% right this time but broken clock and all that

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Did anyone else throw money into this? I put a bit into it on the back of Rigolo's post. It was just blind trust really, I don't know anything about it. It was 33 at the time and it has continued to rocket now to almost 80. Up 140 percent. But I don't know what to do now. Sell or hold.. Is there a Rigolo Bat sign we can shine towards the sky when we need to make contact with him?

Edit: My Degiro graph for it is showing 80 but in fact I think it's even higher than that now.

It's tied to BTC right? I think BTC could go to 50k but there has to be a drop at some point.

Some of the valuations are saying it will run to 100k-300k this year, but with everything its crystal ball territory and all that. But if you look at the previous halvings and the hash rate of mining it could be right. If BTC gets to 50k I'll do some profit taking and reassess from there.

I'm just watching it with fascination like Tesla to be honest.

• Advertisement

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Whilst I agree the broad rollout of vaccines is going to take between 6-9 months minimum so there's still plenty of yolo investing going on and speculative behavior over the next few months I think!

Oh I am not saying that there is not money to be made but as well as buying a speculative stock that is going to increase in price, you also need to be sure you are not holding when the music stops.

I am old enough to have been investing during the Dotcom bubble and if it is like that, you will only know the music has stopped after it has stopped.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Came across this as well: https://theirrelevantinvestor.com/2021/01/05/one-of-the-great-bubbles-of-financial-history/

"Grantham is famous for calling the Japanese, tech, and housing bubbles. So when he speaks on this topic, investors pay attention. You can’t mention his prescient calls without mentioning the ones that didn’t come to fruition. It’s only fair to point out that he has been bearish for much of the recent bull market.

2010 - Have Cash, Wait for Stocks to Fall
    2011 - Grantham sees most global equities as ranging from “unattractive” to “very unattractive” – valuing the S&P 500 at “no more than 950.”
    2012 - Jeremy Grantham Warns 2013 Will Be A Dangerous Year For Stocks
    2013 - Much of everything else is once again brutally overpriced
    2014 - Big stock bubble will end badly in 2016
    2015 - GMO founder Grantham says markets ‘ripe for major decline’ in 2016"

Maybe he's 100% right this time but broken clock and all that

Oh I am not disagreeing - some people are famous for calling 10 the last 3 crashes.

However it is not just him - type "who predicted Dotcom crash" into google.
    Here is one example

https://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2020/07/16/stock-market-crash-2020-welcome-to-the-end-game/?sh=6db1e4605782

Oh I am not saying that there is not money to be made but as well as buying a speculative stock that is going to increase in price, you also need to be sure you are not holding when the music stops.

I am old enough to have been investing during the Dotcom bubble and if it is like that, you will only know the music has stopped after it has stopped.

I made alot of money on a stock and thought to be clever and spread the profits across 6 stocks on a Friday. On Monday whole market crashed (this was march) there wasn't any music then and I hope to never repeat the feeling. My Spotify is on all the time now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Magno_DT wrote: »

HOLD!

It made an investor release recently, hence the surge. It's producing more and more bitcoins, with only 6 employees. It's got 60% margins, which is goign to grow with the extra machines, which it's got on order and due to be operational in Feb, so will bump to more output again then. It's still undervalued compared to other miners. It's just been listed in the US which will attract more attention and continue to grow. I bought it on the UK exchange, it's over the counter in US

I'm not liking 4D Pharmas retrace. If it keeps this rate up it'll go back to 1 and float around there for a while like before.

Might have to do some profit taking..

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I made alot of money on a stock and thought to be clever and spread the profits across 6 stocks on a Friday. On Monday whole market crashed (this was march) there wasn't any music then and I hope to never repeat the feeling. My Spotify is on all the time now :P

What I meant was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble#/media/File:Nasdaq_Composite_dot-com_bubble.svg

This graph shows the Nasdaq during the Dotcom crash. You can see that there was a major crash when it reached 5000 and it fell 1700 points. It then clawed back some of the decline (buy the dips and all that) before falling a further 2000 points. A further clawback (buy the bottom of the market and all that) then another 1000 point fall. Rinse and repeat 2 more times. The market then bottoms at around 1200 points around 2 years later.

The Dotcom music stopped when the market reached 5000 - it is only with hindsight that we know it now.

What I meant was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble#/media/File:Nasdaq_Composite_dot-com_bubble.svg

This graph shows the Nasdaq during the Dotcom crash. You can see that there was a major crash when it reached 5000 and it fell 1700 points. It then clawed back some of the decline (buy the dips and all that) before falling a further 2000 points. A further clawback (buy the bottom of the market and all that) then another 1000 point fall. Rinse and repeat 2 more times. The market then bottoms at around 1200 points around 2 years later.

The Dotcom music stopped when the market reached 5000 - it is only with hindsight that we know it now.

As my grandfather told me if hindsight married foresight presence of mind wouldn't be such a bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

UsBus wrote: »
    I'm in on Aphria for a while. Dropped off a good bit from the highs of a year ago but seems to be steady enough and coming back gradually.

Aurora was a basket case with the gains and drops it had the past few months.

Aphria 2020 Q2 Earnings are coming up on Jan 14th , so there will be a bit more gas in the tank before the inevitable sell off. Really a positive vibe around Aphria.
    I'm tempted to dump and buy back in later after Jan 14th ..but alas I'll hold as I'm in at $6.90.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Treppen wrote: »
    Aphria 2020 Q2 Earnings are coming up on Jan 14th , so there will be a bit more gas in the tank before the inevitable sell off. Really a positive vibe around Aphria.
    I'm tempted to dump and buy back in later after Jan 14th ..but alas I'll hold as I'm in at $6.90.

Got into Aphria too - got rid of Aurora, Canopy. Aphria financial look OK compared to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

If you're watching from afar, thanks Rigolo, 10 bagger in a month.

9c on 9th Dec
    £1.06 on 7th Jan

I think Rigolo mentioned Hive too. I got in and then promptly out - 100%+ - sorry did not go with Argo though.

Advertisement