Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Looks like there could be a bit of value elsewhere as people sell out of long term holds into the shorted stocks. Looking to up my holdings in BNGO and GEVO both down in the pre market.

This whole thing could cause a massive knock on effect in the market if hedge funds have to liquidate other stock to fulfil their GME order.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Knex* wrote: »
    This whole thing could cause a massive knock on effect in the market if hedge funds have to liquidate other stock to fulfil their GME order.

yes value stocks could become cheaper to buy into.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I jumped in on ARB, 1675 shares BEP 82GBX. Still holding SNDL and AMC.
    They had an announcement on Twitter today that they got new mining machinery, hence the jump. I've a load of these shares too, very exciting company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Chatting to one of my mates who also has some sub $40 shares in GME.

We've come to the conclusion that these guys knew they'd face legal action for their shenanigans. They figured that the legal cases, wind up orders and trading bans for a few years is worth it to cover the cost of the short interest since that will be multiples more, not to mention if the firm goes bankrupt then the traders will have to pony it up themselves. So basically, they tried to drive the price down and scare the retail traders into selling to try and clear the shorts knowing they'll get penalised in some way over it.

Looking at the volume of trading yesterday, they didn't get cleared and apparently still 126% short.

Now we have the liquidated accounts from RH, many of whom bought sub $40 and got paid out with a tidy profit. Many have migrated to other brokers.

I also suspect that other hedgefunds now smell the blood and will also pile in on GME along with the general uptick in mainstream awareness where more people will fancy a punt and these guys are now fighting on two fronts. They'll have legal challenges AND a tidal wave of investing and holding until they're bust.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Gilbey

Where to.do ye all see amc and gme going today??

• Advertisement

Gilbey wrote: »

AMC up maybe $5 but who knows

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Picked up some Dogecoin for an adventure.
    America is awake and the Dogg is going for a walk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭redlead

I'd be a bit more wary of Gamestop today. A lot of the shorts would have been closed out yesterday so less pressure on the hedge funds to cover their positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭cal naughton

Going to the moon obviously! Sorry I couldn't resist using that wsb phrase for this one!

Going to the moon obviously! Sorry I couldn't resist using that wsb phrase for this one!

forget the moon .. straigt for MARS!!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

MARS!!!!!

MARS!!!!!

$40k!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

redlead wrote: »
    I'd be a bit more wary of Gamestop today. A lot of the shorts would have been closed out yesterday so less pressure on the hedge funds to cover their positions.

The prevailing wisdom seems to be they are still over 100% shorted and there's no way they have had the time or the opportunity to clear anything close to their total positions yet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

redlead wrote: »

The volume traded yesterday doesn't seem to be close to enough to close their positions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

I think AMC will touch around $19 at some stage today before seeing a sell off and closing around the $10 mark. Really depends on if they halt trading and make it difficult for people to get in again today. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Ill have to sell soon, spending way too much time looking at this forum, watching the price and trying to manage my orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

(GME)

Up 102% in premarket.

Excited is not the word. It’s will either be steak and wine or noodles for me tonight!

Been that way on every stock forever

That's an interesting chart. Say I had 10k that I invested in an s&p 500 index at close every day then sold at open, judging by that chart I'm likely to double my money in a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

America is awake and the Dogg is going for a walk :D

where did you buy Doge? IB is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

thomas 123 wrote: »
    (GME)

Up 102% in premarket.

Excited is not the word. It’s will either be steak and wine or noodles for me tonight!
    I put in 250 euro yesterday when it was selling for just under 230 dollars. So 1.something shares. My dream for today, which is an outside chance for sure, is that this "investment" (i.e. totally wreckless gamble by a total newb based solely on the actions of people on reddit) might pay off enough to cover the cost of something like a new PS5, that would be amazing.

But the 250 quid is not important to me really so if it all goes up in smoke it will have been a wild ride!

That's an interesting chart. Say I had 10k that I invested in an s&p 500 index at close every day then sold at open, judging by that chart I'm likely to double my money in a year?
    Historically yes, but it'd be a hell of a lot of work, not really practical.

It just shows really that most of the changes in stock market price happens in after hours trading.

• Advertisement

where did you buy Doge? IB is it?

Binance

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I put in 250 euro yesterday when it was selling for just under 230 dollars. So 1.something shares. My dream for today, which is an outside chance for sure, is that this "investment" (i.e. totally wreckless gamble by a total newb based solely on the actions of people on reddit) might pay off enough to cover the cost of something like a new PS5, that would be amazing.

But the 250 quid is not important to me really so if it all goes up in smoke it will have been a wild ride!

The object of the game is to make a profit, if you've to buy and sell GME a few times today to get to you target so be it, trade the highs and lows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Best of luck mate!

i see on twitter there is postings (angry postings) that google has deleted over 100K negitive postings on the Robinhood app.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MikeSoys wrote: »
    i see on twitter there is postings (angry postings) that google has deleted over 100K negitive postings on the Robinhood app.

wsb need a strategy to hammer, Google, Facebook and Twitter they're out of control, acting like the ministry of Truth straight out of 1984, what's worse is all our governments are in cahoots with them. We wouldn't be locked down only for them crushing any dissent for the new normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

MikeSoys wrote: »

Which will probably get deleted also!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭oinkely

similar position here - however my stake is even smaller at €20 through revolut. Still very interesting though. I know nothing about investing or gambling, just enjoying the madness of this particular adventure. At present on pre-tradng values I'm quids in and should be able to get my €20 back with the price of a pint on top - i'll save it up for when the pubs open up!

Give me something to keep an eye on for the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

T212 back to allowing GME purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Best of luck to all back in on GME today(including myself) probably the last hurahh. But on a serious note I hope all the newbies don't make this a trend, serious money could be lost for irrational people. Surely there will have to be more regulation in future, maybe make it more difficult to open trading accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I missed the boat on GME, and too volatile now to get into and I don;t have the time with work etc.

But NOK, I am in this...hopefully a pump today to get me above my $5.50 avg. Up 10% pre-market to 5.05

Advertisement