Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Where will the money pour next?
    Bought some btc yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

I do like the way things are much more level headed here on boards, the Redditers are losing their minds expecting it to go to 20k etc. The hedge fund lads do stand to lose an enormous amount of money today though, it will be a big middle finger to them and they are so upset over it. Some segments on CNBC yesterday were hilarious.

I opened a stock trading account with my revolut yesterday. Had thought about buying but I'm going to listen to some of the advice here and wait for a drop at home stage today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'm definitely planning on getting into dogecoin at some stage, the fact that musk has pumped it serveral times across the last year means the odds of him pumping it in the future are very good also, however I'm absolutely not gonna touch it now, buying crypto alt coins while they are extended are like setting your money on fire for the short term, very likely your gonna see likes of a 70%+ drawdown (had that t-shirt, its not fun lol). Instead I'll be aiming to average into it in a month or so when everyone has forgotten about it, and then just sit on it till Musk pumps it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

redlead wrote: »
    I'd be a bit more wary of Gamestop today. A lot of the shorts would have been closed out yesterday so less pressure on the hedge funds to cover their positions.

There was nowhere near enough volume. Today with T212 and RH back in action it will be open season the shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

There was nowhere near enough volume. Today with T212 and RH back in action it will be open season the shorts!

NYSE open will be a bloodbath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

NYSE open will be a bloodbath

Yet it's up 44% in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I can’t find this on T212. What platform are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Yeah seen that yesterday and got on. Already up 7% or so since.

I bought Silver on Revolut. Couldn't see it on 212 either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

(GME)

Forgot about India - there was lots of Hype for some big Indian investments into GME yesterday - I’d imagine they were blocked so I wonder will they come in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Im nervous lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bunnyboxer

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I bought Silver on Revolut. Couldn't see it on 212 either.

Is that just silver In commodities? Thinking of lamping 3K on it.

Sorry for the dumb question but want to be sure putting that amount on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

I threw about 200 into amc at the wrong time and lost about 50%. I'm hoping MUX helps me recover a bit today. It's up about 30% so far.

https://www.investorsobserver.com/news/stock-update/do-analysts-expect-mcewen-mining-inc-mux-stock-to-rise

bunnyboxer wrote: »
    Is that just silver In commodities? Thinking of lamping 3K on it.

Sorry for the dumb question but want to be sure putting that amount on it.

Yep commodity Silver in Revolut.

What is GME at now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

What is GME at now?

340 PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bunnyboxer

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Yep commodity Silver in Revolut.

Thanks, ended up lamping 2K on it. Don't mind if I lose a few hundred if it doesn't go like amc or GameStop.

I am already up a fiver on Silver , only bought 5 mins ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

lol - ROBINHOOD RESTRICTS CRYPTO TRADING 'DUE TO EXTRAORDINARY MARKET CONDITIONS' - CNBC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

SRNE (Market Cap 2.5bn)- Big pipeline of Oncology, COVID treatments/ tests and Pain treatments, also has stakes in several other companies. CEO seems very unpredictable and more focused on expanding the early stage pipeline than getting treatments to market, if he delivers on even a quarter of what he says - this could be worth multiples. Analysts have targets around $30, its currently approx $10. CEO came out last week to say he expects market cap of 200bn in 3-5 years (serious pinch of salt needed as currently its around 2.5bn)

Up 50% in a week, not bad (not GME but not bad)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Apparently the Robinhood sell off of margin shares happened as it bottomed out at around 11.30am Eastern.

If that's true then someone is getting thrown under the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Well looks like I won't get any work done today after 2:30 (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

fjon wrote: »
    Well looks like I won't get any work done today after 2:30 (again).

yes and its lunch time now..maybe next week ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

500 today please

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TheW1zard wrote: »
    500 today please

TheW1zard wrote: »
    500 today please

No please dip to 120 like yesterday so I can buy more and then go to 1k by close :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

dan786 wrote: »
    No please dip to 120 like yesterday so I can buy more and then go to 1k by close :pac::pac:

You are assuming your trading platform will work if that's the case? :pac:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Novavax, Inc was $134 at close now 205$ pre market had potential and it has shorts and likely to go up as their vaccine has 90% efficiency

Advertisement