Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Benimar wrote: »
    I have 2FTs. If I do Chilwell and Wood to Digne and DCL I'll have:

Pope x 2
    Cancelo x 2, Dias x 2, Digne x 2
    Gundogan x 2, Salah, Grealish, Fernandes, Grealish
    DCL x 2, Antonio

Martinez (bha), Bamford (ars), Coufal (SHU), Dallas (ars)

Would anyone BB that?
    Tough one as some of them on form too, personally I always prefer the dgw BB but lots big scores on benches the past few weeks as with not as many big hitters everyone seems have more balances squads, I'd see how you shape up for 26 then maybe call it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pope x 2
    DCL x 2, Antonio

Would anyone BB that?
    How you mange to get two Grealishs into your team?:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ace2007 wrote: »

1 Grealish for each of his massive calves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I've read every reply I got that quoted my team, and I still didn't cop I had 2 Grealishes :pac:

The other Grealish is Harvey Barnes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭COH

The other Grealish is Harvey Barnes!

I'd swap him for Grealish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pope x 2
    DCL x 2, Antonio

Would anyone BB that?

Pope and Antonio carrying knocks, Dias has the runs and DCL a dodgy hammy.

Fair to say I won’t be BBing this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Throw Digne into the mix and it's going to be interesting. The FA Cup has potentially put a serious dent in my careful planning . Ah well, what's new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Would love it if they announced all the fixture changes tomorrow after the Chelsea match is played tonight. If you knew the fixtures for sure and weren't relying on Ben Crellin think there is probably maximum advantage in playing the wild card this gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

is there an excel version of the fixture planner going around still or was that just for last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭sully123

is there an excel version of the fixture planner going around still or was that just for last season?

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1359670904003919874?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

This guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I don't have any of those players :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I don't have any of those players :eek:

Have DCL only...some of my ML competitor's have 2 or more on that list

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Injuries have screwed both of my attempts to play bench boost this year. Think I'll just hold for GW26 at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Gonna be real pissed if these boys don’t play. There’s great effort in lining up a DGW a few weeks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think I might ahead anyway.

Dias likely to play one game, DCL is an easy transfer out and Antonio/Pope will be fine.

BB is an overrated chip and being rid of it gives me complete flexibility with the WC in GW26

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I had 2 FTs rolling into this week in order to set up for BBGW26.

Used one on DCL, and now tempted to just WC now instead this week and go with the planned transfers in one move rather than holding out and spreading them over time. Bit of a reactionary move but I was probably going to WC in 27 or 28 anyways. I'll lose the FT but c'est la vie.

I still have FH for 29.

But if I do WC this week, am I better off to BB with the current 15 players, or just wait for the double and BB when a lot more players will have a double?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fitz* wrote: »
    I had 2 FTs rolling into this week in order to set up for BBGW26.

Used one on DCL, and now tempted to just WC now instead this week and go with the planned transfers in one move rather than holding out and spreading them over time. Bit of a reactionary move but I was probably going to WC in 27 or 28 anyways. I'll lose the FT but c'est la vie.

I still have FH for 29.

But if I do WC this week, am I better off to BB with the current 15 players, or just wait for the double and BB when a lot more players will have a double?

Seriously considering wildcarding myself this week now. 4 yellow flags plus want 3 Leeds next week anyway and would like to jump on a couple of low ownership player like Sterling and Ings. I could bb in 25 with Brighton, Burnley good single fixtures and a Southampton player with a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Seriously considering wildcarding myself this week now. 4 yellow flags plus want 3 Leeds next week anyway and would like to jump on a couple of low ownership player like Sterling and Ings. I could bb in 25 with Brighton, Burnley good single fixtures and a Southampton player with a double.

Do you have many DGW26 players to BB that week instead of GW25?

Fitz* wrote: »
    Do you have many DGW26 players to BB that week instead of GW25?

I'd likely have 11 dgwkers plus 3 Leeds. Was thinking of tcing Kane in 26 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Had planned DCL and. BUR Def as one week punt. But think I will just get the bur defender for TAA and save one transfer. Much more room to manoeuvre when the DGW 26 games are finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

What are folks thoughts on DCL's chances of starting against Fulham?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    What are folks thoughts on DCL's chances of starting against Fulham?

Ancellotti said he is out.

Changing my mind every 5 minutes about what to do this week. Might just use the ft and wait for more news.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Next week being a Friday deadline is not ideal. What if the entire schedule gets announced next Friday afternoon?

Ideally when is the best bench boost and triple capt gameweeks now? Thinking bench boost next week with 2 free bringing in DGW for 25/26. And then triple captain a double from there to end of season?

Reasonable enough strategy?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Ideally when is the best bench boost and triple capt gameweeks now? Thinking bench boost next week with 2 free bringing in DGW for 25/26. And then triple captain a double from there to end of season?

Reasonable enough strategy?

Yup if your bench for 26 is gonna look strong, it’s a great time to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Whats the favoured chip strategy going forward ive no FH for 29 but all other chips available and 1 fts this week.

Current team is
    Pope(Meslier)
    Lowton Cancelo Dias (Coufal, Robbo)
    Bruno Son Gundogan Grealish Soucek
    Bamford (DCL) Cavani

CSF wrote: »
    Yup if your bench for 26 is gonna look strong, it’s a great time to use it.

I hope it will anyway ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Think I might ahead anyway.

Dias likely to play one game, DCL is an easy transfer out and Antonio/Pope will be fine.

BB is an overrated chip and being rid of it gives me complete flexibility with the WC in GW26

I’ve come around to this way of thinking around bench boost. Unlike TC it can net you negative points if used unwisely and I suspect that has been the case for me in previous seasons.

I.e. choosing certain players when wildcarding just for the next weeks bench boost when another set of players would have gotten more points over the full season.

Advertisement