Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭eggy81

What Fulham attacker is most favoured at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

eggy81 wrote: »
    What Fulham attacker is most favoured at the moment.

After the other night it has gotta be Maja right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Have 10 doublers it looks like as it stands. Including Chris wood and tarkowski.

At the moment I don't want to wildcard as I'd prefer to leave it closer to the end to set myself for a strong run in I think. May change my mind though. I am about 30/40 points off the top of two ML and am kind of in uncharted territory!

My current plan was to bring Ings or Raphinha in for this week. I have 2 ft but if I can keep the second one I'll -4 my way into 26 with either Kane or Vardy and a few other DGWs.

Currently leaning on doing Barnes to Raphinha for this week and Keeping the 1FT. BB in 26 or TC, see how I feel but I imagine it will have to be bench boost as I don't think there will be any better opportunities.

This is where I am wondering is it of more benefit to wildcard this week, load up for 26 and BB and then TC City in one of their doubles upcoming? Any opinions on this?

WC feels like a waste when I would only bring in max 5/6 I would say and also feels like I may be tinkering when I shouldn't. Have had my best gameweeks of the season in the last few.

Could I box myself into a corner where I end up wasting TC and/or BB by being too hesitant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

544006.PNG

GW29 won't be this slim when we get there will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,122 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

544006.PNG

Afaik, there's a good possibility of 1 more game, Tot v Villa. But that'll be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

CSWS101 wrote: »
    When are the DGW fixtures due to be confirmed?

Keen to know the answer to this myself as Im planning on using the WC this week and then BB the following one. With a FH likely for the blankish game week in 29.

But its hard to plan anything until we have fixture confirmation, Im hoping they dont do it an hour before the deadline on Friday or there will be some scramble to work things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Have 10 doublers it looks like as it stands. Including Chris wood and tarkowski.

At the moment I don't want to wildcard as I'd prefer to leave it closer to the end to set myself for a strong run in I think. May change my mind though. I am about 30/40 points off the top of two ML and am kind of in uncharted territory!

My current plan was to bring Ings or Raphinha in for this week. I have 2 ft but if I can keep the second one I'll -4 my way into 26 with either Kane or Vardy and a few other DGWs.

Currently leaning on doing Barnes to Raphinha for this week and Keeping the 1FT. BB in 26 or TC, see how I feel but I imagine it will have to be bench boost as I don't think there will be any better opportunities.

This is where I am wondering is it of more benefit to wildcard this week, load up for 26 and BB and then TC City in one of their doubles upcoming? Any opinions on this?

WC feels like a waste when I would only bring in max 5/6 I would say and also feels like I may be tinkering when I shouldn't. Have had my best gameweeks of the season in the last few.

Could I box myself into a corner where I end up wasting TC and/or BB by being too hesitant.

I am going to dead end into 29 and then WC in 30/31. Still probably only go or 8/9 players in 29, not all that much there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Keen to know the answer to this myself as Im planning on using the WC this week and then BB the following one. With a FH likely for the blankish game week in 29.

But its hard to plan anything until we have fixture confirmation, Im hoping they dont do it an hour before the deadline on Friday or there will be some scramble to work things out.

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1362046637233823744?s=19

They were announced two hours after a similar tweet last time so would be great to get them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1362046637233823744?s=19

They were announced two hours after a similar tweet last time so would be great to get them today.

I could jump in and use my WC later tonight so if they announce the DGW's and confirm somw other loose ends.

Thanks extra gravy. Would be sweet if they are announced tonight or even tomorrow would do. Even better if they announce them for a couple of gameweeks rather than just one.

• Advertisement

Thanks extra gravy. Would be sweet if they are announced tonight or even tomorrow would do. Even better if they announce them for a couple of gameweeks rather than just one.

It will be all fixtures for March so should get a good dose of information for potential DGW's.

As per Ben on twitter:

“Details of broadcast selections for March and the rearrangement of previously postponed matches will be announced in due course.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

544006.PNG

Why isn’t spurs villa that weekend ? They are both out of the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Why isn’t spurs villa that weekend ? They are both out of the cup

Its a re-arrangement which hasn't been scheduled yet but 90% it goes to that weekend. Spurs were due to play Southampton in GW 29

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Darksoul

DGW26 and DGW27 confirmed by Pep

Wolves & Southampton

Guardiola on rotation: "...see the schedule we have at the end of February and especially all March, when Premier League included two more games in that period against Wolves and Southampton..."

FPL Focal on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Darksoul wrote: »
    DGW26 and DGW27 confirmed by Pep

Wolves & Southampton

Guardiola on rotation: "...see the schedule we have at the end of February and especially all March, when Premier League included two more games in that period against Wolves and Southampton..."

FPL Focal on twitter.

always said Pep was a gentleman,

even when I've accused him of being a canniving, no good malice who likes nothing better that rotating his starting XI without a moment's thought of my FPL team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Are Saints likely to have a DGW in 25/26&27 then? according to ben crellin they play spurs in 26 and city in 27?

markc91 wrote: »
    Are Saints likely to have a DGW in 25/26&27 then? according to ben crellin they play spurs in 26 and city in 27?
    There is a decent chance Spurs play Fulham in 26 instead. That would be the fly in the ointment.

It could be 25, 26 and 27 or it could be 25, 27 with a Spurs game still to arrange.

As far as I can tell, only one of Southampton and Fulham would have a double in 26, so Spurs will face Burnley and either of those, with the other game to be rescheduled for a later date (which will be easier to schedule now that Spurs are out of the cup)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I hope we find out the fixtures tomorrow and not have us waiting till Friday.

I want to give Cartman a good chance to do up a spreadsheet!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Still can't decide whether to Wildcard or not. There's a few players I'd like to have but I feel I can bench boost in GW26 without the wildcard and save for later.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Still can't decide whether to Wildcard or not. There's a few players I'd like to have but I feel I can bench boost in GW26 without the wildcard and save for later.

Im pretty sure I'll use the WC this week in order to bench boost for the DGW. But if you can BB without using it and still have a good few DGW players then its likely better saved for another DGW.

This fixture announcement is doing my head in now, Ive a busy day with work tomorrow so want to know whats happening to make moves tonight. Im even wondering in the EPL offices in London how far away do the FPL staff sit from the staff who are deciding fixtures and would they ever go and shout across and tell them to hurry the fcuk up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Im pretty sure I'll use the WC this week in order to bench boost for the DGW. But if you can BB without using it and still have a good few DGW players then its likely better saved for another DGW.

This fixture announcement is doing my head in now, Ive a busy day with work tomorrow so want to know whats happening to make moves tonight. Im even wondering in the EPL offices in London how far away do the FPL staff sit from the staff who are deciding fixtures and would they ever go and shout across and tell them to hurry the fcuk up.

Probably all working from home these days.

Still no announcement......

Throwing it out at 4pm tomorrow will be carange if they do.

Come on PL, announce the fixtures so I can get this WC out of the way.

shmeee wrote: »
    Still no announcement......

Throwing it out at 4pm tomorrow will be carange if they do.

Come on PL, announce the fixtures so I can get this WC out of the way.
    Really poor form from them to take more than a week to rearrange fixtures for less than 2 weeks away.

CSF wrote: »
    Really poor form from them to take more than a week to rearrange fixtures for less than 2 weeks away.

Clubs must have been told as Pep mentioned it about the rearranged games and extra fixtures they have.

So why can't they just come out and say it.

Pep Guardiola implying that Wolves (h) will be added to DGW26: "Next one is Arsenal. Three days after, Champions League, three days later against West Ham, three days later we have Wolves, three/four days later we have United. Non-stop."

Guardiola on fixtures: "We have a busy schedule and incredible few months ahead; we have Wolves and Southampton in one week as well so everyone will be involved."

shmeee wrote: »
    Clubs must have been told as Pep mentioned it about the rearranged games and extra fixtures they have.

So why can't they just come out and say it.

Pep Guardiola implying that Wolves (h) will be added to DGW26: "Next one is Arsenal. Three days after, Champions League, three days later against West Ham, three days later we have Wolves, three/four days later we have United. Non-stop."
    I reckon they're doing a sh*t job of sorting things with the TV companies for the exact times.

I know fans don't have to make travel plans anymore but they're really starting to take the p*ss. They were doing the same and even worse when they were selling games on PPV.

Very frustrating indeed. Im guessing if its not announced in the next 30 minutes then its rolling into tomorrow. It would be some laugh if they dropped it 30 minutes before the deadline, it would give a great opportunity to get a jump on some rivals who cant look at it in work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »

Someone said before that it was 10 days notice that they give?

But we saw with Fulham it was 2 days notice, so who knows.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Someone said before that it was 10 days notice that they give?

But we saw with Fulham it was 2 days notice, so who knows.

Even 10 days is woeful like. I don’t know about you but I would defo plan my weekend around watching Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rikand wrote: »
    I hope we find out the fixtures tomorrow and not have us waiting till Friday.

I want to give Cartman a good chance to do up a spreadsheet!

Down to the wire now....I might have to take tomorrow off to prep.

I quit Twitter a few months ago but I'd imagine Ben Crelins timeline is fairly chaotic right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Down to the wire now....I might have to take tomorrow off to prep.

I quit Twitter a few months ago but I'd imagine Ben Crelins timeline is fairly chaotic right now[/QUOTE

So is it likely City have West Ham and Southampton in GW26?

Advertisement