Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So are all y'all GW25 Wildcarders hitting the button tonight or waiting for the fixture news to actually come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

CSF wrote: »
    So are all y'all GW25 Wildcarders hitting the button tonight or waiting for the fixture news to actually come in?

I'm holding off, just in case I land on a decent 15 when they are announced, and could get away with a decent bench boost team by only make 3 or 4 moves over the next 2 GWs,

want to see the confirmed fixtures to be sure either way,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm holding off, just in case I land on a decent 15 when they are announced, and could get away with a decent bench boost team by only make 3 or 4 moves over the next 2 GWs,

Ye same here reckon could have a lot of players I want in and if can get get away with 3/4 transfers over 2gw for a BB I will

You’re tempting me in that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Sorry, what's the rationale behind hitting the WC for 25 rather than holding fire for 26?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Sorry, what's the rationale behind hitting the WC for 25 rather than holding fire for 26?

Using either Bench boost or Triple Captain chips in gw26.

can't use the wildcard and another chip in the same week.

Using either Bench boost or Triple Captain chips in gw26.

can't use the wildcard and another chip in the same week.

Got it, thanks a lot.

Southampton are probably too crap to bother with next week aren't they? I was going to bring in one of their defenders to replace Justin but I don't think it's worth the hassle of swapping back out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Southampton are probably too crap to bother with next week aren't they? I was going to bring in one of their defenders to replace Justin but I don't think it's worth the hassle of swapping back out

Yeh I've McCarthy on my bench and I'm not sure if I should even start him over Ederson.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ings but can he play both games?

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ings but can he play both games?

they can't afford not to play Ings in both games.

Adams is off it, Walcott isn't fit, Long has gone on loan.

only Southampton players I'd consider for the doubles are
    McCarthy (if you already have him, but wouldn't buy him) I think Forster deserves a run in the team but Ralph came out Friday and said Mccarthy is his No. 1.

Romeu (if you need a 4.5 MF for a bench boost and if they double in gw26 also)

Ings.( probably only for gw25 double, there will be better options in Gw26)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

How is GW26 shaping up? Have been out of the loop and focusing on how 24/25 but now idea who will have a double in gw26? Have wildcard, bb and tc left to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

JIdontknow wrote: »
    How is GW26 shaping up? Have been out of the loop and focusing on how 24/25 but now idea who will have a double in gw26? Have wildcard, bb and tc left to get rid of.

Only guesswork atm. Ben Crellin twitter does a lot of work on this.
    Fixture announcements are expected before GW25 deadline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pY6OQPf-toGsWCOfw5OJ_omCCj6IldLYYOuPYIGxZ1w/edit#gid=317247215

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

they can't afford not to play Ings in both games.

Adams is off it, Walcott isn't fit, Long has gone on loan.

only Southampton players I'd consider for the doubles are
    McCarthy (if you already have him, but wouldn't buy him) I think Forster deserves a run in the team but Ralph came out Friday and said Mccarthy is his No. 1.

Romeu (if you need a 4.5 MF for a bench boost and if they double in gw26 also)

Ings.( probably only for gw25 double, there will be better options in Gw26)

Ward Prowse?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've Bendarek and Adams. At the moment struggling to get either in my team:

Meselier
    Robbo Cancelo Stones Mee
    Grealish Salah Bruno Son Gundog
    Bamford

Mee is probaly the one I'd drop for one but fancy him V Burnley

FHFC wrote: »
    Ward Prowse?

he wouldn't fit into my MF.

Salah-Bruno-Son-Sterling-Gundagen.

maybe for someone moving away from Soucek but Raphina and Gundagen would be my pick at that price point.

I can't decide who to bring in to replace Justin.

My backline is:

Martinez (AVL) - Stones (MCI) - Cancelo (MCI) - Lowton (BUR) - Dallas (LEE) - Justin (LEI)

Spurs probably have the best fixtures, but who is nailed on for them? Is Dier a big rotation risk. He's been dropped a couple of times lately by the looks of it and they were rinsed by City. Also considering Shaw, or one of the remaining Leicester players. Brighton have nice fixtures but no DGWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking at Chilwell & Soucek out > Dallas & Raphinha in for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭munster87

Shedite27 wrote: »

Meselier
    Robbo Cancelo Stones Mee
    Bamford

I don’t think Mee will do well V Burnley, purely out of loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

he wouldn't fit into my MF.

Salah-Bruno-Son-Sterling-Gundagen.

maybe for someone moving away from Soucek but Raphina and Gundagen would be my pick at that price point.

I was set on Raphina too but no wildcard so JWP has two games more than Raphina assuming I FH in 29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »

Meselier
    Robbo Cancelo Stones Mee
    Bamford

Robbo not showing anything that justifies him being in any squad, yet alone the starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Robbo not showing anything that justifies him being in any squad, yet alone the starting 11.

I'm actually considering Kabak for the run of SHU, Fulham and maybe Everton. Possible double also.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

When are the DGW fixtures due to be confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭COH

Looking at Crellins spreadsheet (I have no free hit to navigate 29) I may wildcard this week to ensure 4 doublers for GW25 (Dallas, Raphinha, Bamford, Ings)

Will use the FT for 26 to go Ings > Kane leaving me 11 doublers for GW 26 where I might benchboost... will have to look into having a second playing keeper on the WC for this though I might just save it.

Thats all with a view to having 9 (maybe 10?) players for blank gameweek GW29 (3 Leeds, 1 Fulham, 2/3 Spurs, 3 Villa). Seems that the 29 players will have decent enough fixtures in GW 30 so while many will wildcard out of 31 as the fixtures turn south for many Ill just take some hits at that stage and and hope for the best.

Thats my current thinking anyway!

Anyone else who has WC/BB thinking differently? Obviously this all depends on the DGW fixtures being announced, but I have no Villa or Spurs as it stands so am currently a little screwed for 29 regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

I think im planning on saving WC to 31, using BB in 26 though probably wont have 15 DGW's and then transfer my way into 11 for 29. Also have TC but unsure when to use that but dont regard it as a massive chip

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I think a lot of people are getting too wrapped up in the blank gameweek coming up. There are probably only going to be 4 fixtures going ahead and 3 of the clubs playing are Brighton, Newcastle and Fulham.

Even if you go into that gameweek with 7 players you'll be fine as the average will be low anyway.

COH wrote: »
    Looking at Crellins spreadsheet (I have no free hit to navigate 29) I may wildcard this week to ensure 4 doublers for GW25 (Dallas, Raphinha, Bamford, Ings)

Will use the FT for 26 to go Ings > Kane leaving me 11 doublers for GW 26 where I might benchboost... will have to look into having a second playing keeper on the WC for this though I might just save it.

Thats all with a view to having 9 (maybe 10?) players for blank gameweek GW29 (3 Leeds, 1 Fulham, 2/3 Spurs, 3 Villa). Seems that the 29 players will have decent enough fixtures in GW 30 so while many will wildcard out of 31 as the fixtures turn south for many Ill just take some hits at that stage and and hope for the best.

Thats my current thinking anyway!

Anyone else who has WC/BB thinking differently? Obviously this all depends on the DGW fixtures being announced, but I have no Villa or Spurs as it stands so am currently a little screwed for 29 regardless.

This is where I think I'm going to land too

I think a lot of people are getting too wrapped up in the blank gameweek coming up. There are probably only going to be 4 fixtures going ahead and 3 of the clubs playing are Brighton, Newcastle and Fulham.

Even if you go into that gameweek with 7 players you'll be fine as the average will be low anyway.

I get the point but I think there are real gains to be had from having 3 Brighton players vs Newcastle and attackers from both teams in the Fulham v Leeds game.

I could Free Hit a different week and plan towards having a certain number for that week, but my inclination is that it is better to not have to work it into my plans at all and hope I can hit gold on it instead.

If anything this is a better week for the free hit than the one where most people used it, because with Man City and Spurs playing, it was so much easier to get near 11 out without stretching too much, as long as you weren’t bench boosting in the Double the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lewis Dunk could be the BGW hero I reckon.

Brighton defenders flying very much under the radar in recent weeks ....fixtures looking ok too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Lewis Dunk could be the BGW hero I reckon.

Brighton defenders flying very much under the radar in recent weeks ....fixtures looking ok too

Have brought in Sanchez myself for this reason. I like to have 2 playing GKs anyways, and also play Palace this week.

Advertisement