Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Bidens All Female Press Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Boggles wrote: »
    Like fúck it would.

People on here and twitter are all for rallying against things seen as ‘too male’

• Registered Users Posts: 39,711 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Because its not gender diverse, a key attribute democrats have been preaching , just not practising

Sure maybe Joe is just trying to wind up the woman hating racists.

Certainly seems to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The meta discussion is starting I see.
    Not a discussion of the topic but instead a discussion of the discussion.

Also you got the word "racists" in there for no reason, well done.

Its going to be some fun watching this circus develop.
    biko wrote: »
    The meta discussion is starting I see.
    Not a discussion of the topic but instead a discussion of the discussion.

Such a high brow discussion all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Out of 29 people named so far by Biden as part of his administration ,18 are female .
    11 of the 29 are people of colour.

Non whites are disproportionally represented, only 13.5% of the US population is black.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Would a similar thread exist if it were an male panel?

Exactly my thoughts. 99% sure they will do a better job at informing the public of the truth that the Trumpy Bunch before them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Like fúck it would.

There would be national campaigns nevermind threads. Purple haired sjws would be losing their minds all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Nermal

I do not believe these people were selected based on qualifications and experience.
    Its wokery identity politics, picking people because of their race and gender.

You're correct.

Biden stated explicitly during the debates that he would only consider women when selecting a vice-president.

He, his administration, and the movement behind them are explicitly misandrist.

Every woman he appoints - whether the best candidate or not - bears the badge of tokenism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I do not believe these people were selected based on qualifications and experience.
    Its wokery identity politics, picking people because of their race and gender.

What are their qualifications? Are there any members that don’t have a PR or communications background?

Out of 29 people named so far by Biden as part of his administration ,18 are female .
    11 of the 29 are people of colour.

Non whites are disproportionally represented, only 13.5% of the US population is black.

Will you point me to the thread you started or angry posts expressing outrage over Trumps cabinet?

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190911093829-20190911-trump-cabinet.jpg

• Advertisement

Will you point me to the thread you started or angry posts expressing outrage over Trumps cabinet?

This thread isnt about Trump or Trumpsters.
    Stop trying to deflect the discussion.

What are their qualifications? Are there any members that don’t have a PR or communications background?
    Kate Bedingfield, who served on the campaign as deputy campaign manager and communications director, will serve as White House communications director.
    Her deputy will be Pili Tobar, former press secretary for the immigrant rights group America’s Voice, who worked on the campaign as communications director for coalitions.

Jen Psaki, who served as White House communications director during President Barack Obama’s administration, will become White House press secretary.

Karine Jean-Pierre, who served as a Biden senior adviser before becoming the first Black chief of staff for a vice presidential nominee, will serve as principal deputy press secretary.

Ashley Etienne, who was senior adviser for strategic planning, will serve as Harris’ communications director.

Symone Sanders, who worked as senior adviser to Biden during the campaign, will serve as senior adviser and spokeswoman for Harris.

Elizabeth Alexander, who served as Biden’s press secretary when he was vice president, will serve as communications director for incoming first lady Jill Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Genius idea. They can throw the vagina card out any time they **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The problem with picking people based on arbitrary attributes like race/gender/sexual orientation instead of merit, is that your choices will never be good enough. There will always be lots of people complaining that they/their group are not being represented.

"Oh you have 9 women, but no transwomen in your press team? How transphobic!"
    "Oh now you have 9 women and a transwoman, but no non-binary persons in your press team? How bigoted!"
    etc etc..

This thread isnt about Trump or Trumpsters.
    Stop trying to deflect the discussion.

You have started a thread lamenting the make up of Bidens administration but comparisons with the current administration is not up for debate? :pac:

Fúcking hell, so I will take as you had no problem with Trumps "team"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

timmyntc wrote: »
    The problem with picking people based on arbitrary attributes like race/gender/sexual orientation instead of merit, is that your choices will never be good enough. There will always be lots of people complaining that they/their group are not being represented.

"Oh you have 9 women, but no transwomen in your press team? How transphobic!"
    "Oh now you have 9 women and a transwoman, but no non-binary persons in your press team? How bigoted!"
    etc etc..

You're right on the main point, but overall your post makes no sense

Another related story in the news this week
    The Nasdaq stock exchange wants its listed companies to diversify their boards of directors — or explain why they can't.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nasdaq-corporate-board-diversity-rule/
    The second largest exchange in the world has asked the Securities and Exchange Commission for permission to impose a quota system on the boards of its listed companies. The new rule would mandate that corporate boards have a minimum of one woman director and one who is a minority or LGBTQ. Small companies and foreign companies could get by with two women. No mention of whether directors should know something about the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nice to see some genuine racists get the gig. I was sick of trump's team full of alleged racists.

Nice to see some genuine racists get the gig. I was sick of trump's team full of alleged racists.

ha. brilliant.

You have started a thread lamenting the make up of Bidens administration but comparisons with the current administration is not up for debate? :pac:

Fúcking hell, so I will take as you had no problem with Trumps "team"?

Present some evidence that members of Trump's team were appointed solely because they were men, and someone might listen to you.

Biden is on the record explicitly excluding the male half of the population from the vice-presidency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well let's see how they get on.

Let's see if the poor get richer
    Let's see if the lot of black americans improves
    Let's see if the gender "wage gap" disappears
    Let's see if race relations improve

Now obviiusly all the normal run of the mill stuff has to impove (or at least not disimprove) aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Biden has named a historic all-female senior White House press staff, with Four of the seven appointees women of color.

Its going to be some fun watching this circus develop

Especially on the those few "special" days per month...

Nermal wrote: »
    Present some evidence that members of Trump's team were appointed solely because they were men, and someone might listen to you.

Because females would feel unsafe around him?
    Biden is on the record explicitly excluding the male half of the population from the vice-presidency.

The sexist pig.

Interesting stat.

100% of all vice-presidents have been men.

Also the thread, like moths to a flame. A beeper must have went off.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The great reset will be a hard sell...should be interesting how they handle that one in freedom loving America.

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/528482-john-kerry-reveals-bidens-devotion-to-radical-great-reset-movement

That of course is assuming they will be asked a single question about it!!!

The great reset will be a hard sell...should be interesting how they handle that one in freedom loving America.
    Well, apparently the majority voted for
    dramatically increasing the power of government through expansive new social programs like the Green New Deal
    and using vast regulatory schemes and government programs to coerce corporations into supporting left-wing causes.

100% of all vice-presidents have been men.

So what? Why should the sex of the previous ones influence the selection of the next one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I think he’s right, it’s easier to listen to a woman.

So what? Why should the sex of the previous ones influence the selection of the next one?

I imagine a radical change was needed after Trump selected a man made from Styrofoam and bibles.

Always good to mix things up I find.

Change is as good as a rest, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

randd1 wrote: »
    From top left to bottom right

Yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no, no.

I assume you meant:

No, No, No, Yes, No, No, No

• Advertisement

I imagine a radical change was needed after Trump selected a man made from Styrofoam and bibles.

Always good to mix things up I find.

Change is as good as a rest, etc.

'Discrimination is OK when we do it'

Advertisement