Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Iranian Nuclear Scientist Assassinated?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What to make of this?

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh: Iran scientist 'killed by remote-controlled weapon'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55128970

I mentioned it earlier ,

A drone armed with a precision rifle/semi-automatic or a ground base drone , they have several automated weapon systems in their Armoury ,but to get into Iran and out again suggests airbased system ,

They have automated jeeps with machine guns patrolling parts of the Isreali border .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What to make of this?

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh: Iran scientist 'killed by remote-controlled weapon'

Bruce Willis had one of those over 20 years ago

They changed their minds no sci-fi weapons this time

Details about a plot to kill a nuclear scientist have been unveiled as Iran promised revenge over his assassination.

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, head of Iran's Research and Innovation Organisation of the Ministry of Defence, was killed on Friday.

He was ambushed by 12 killers including snipers on a highway near Tehran and gunned down in his car.

The assassins formed part of a group of 62 people who had been plotting to kill Fakhrizadeh.

The other 50 were responsible for logistical support, according to reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I watched a thing on youtube before about a different scientist they killed . They got an iranian to do it . The iranian was a kickboxer / wrestler and he travelled around europe to competitions. Somehow mossad turned him at a competition and trained him how to use explosives. He used a motorcycle and drove beside the scientists car and put a bomb on his door using magnets , killing the scientist. Unluckily for him he got caught and killed , I'd say his last hours on earth were fairly painful

I watched a thing on youtube before about a different scientist they killed . They got an iranian to do it . The iranian was a kickboxer / wrestler and he travelled around europe to competitions. Somehow mossad turned him at a competition and trained him how to use explosives. He used a motorcycle and drove beside the scientists car and put a bomb on his door using magnets , killing the scientist. Unluckily for him he got caught and killed , I'd say his last hours on earth were fairly painful

Wikileaks got him killed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

For a country that's supposedly the world's No. 1 enemy Iran sure do suffer a lot of provocations,assassinations, infringements into their airspace and coastal waters, military build ups on their borders, sanctions, illegal foreign interference in their affairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

There has to be a boogeyman, always has been its just Irans turn the last few decades sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

You'd think they'd be doing a bit more to protect their people,
    Like armoured cars, multiple vehicles, ie armour/bullet proofing, no doubt this doesnt protect against bullets indefinitely, just enough to maintain discrete armoured protection.

Id think, even that wouldn't be much use against RPG's unless lucky, and certainly not any kind of IED, or guided missle.
    Air attacks bring their own problems, in that the aircraft might be seen visually if not detected by radar, even if stealthy, and they have limits on fuel/range or can only be supported by aircraft that are more obvious and not stealthy.
    But so does having people on the ground, they can be captured, interrogated.

If I were the Iranians, I'd be out doing air patrols in their airspace and the vicinity for refueling tankers and electronic warfare aircraft, rather than rocket attacks (assuming thats what they support) they should have assets counting aircraft leaving and returning (or not) to airbases.

I'm a bit astonished they dont have more armed security, and planning around decoys, observing radio transmissions, even if they cant decipher them, and even possibly drones cued to follow or lead a specific vehicle to search for possible ambushes or search for activity along an intended route.

Thinking of the possibilities, its beneficial for whoever carried this out for their method not to be detected and to sow concern that it was a group of individuals, whereas it could be likely to be a remote piloted drone technology, something that can land and act as a mobile /missle platform that can attack an unarmoured/undefended target without risk of retaliation at the ambush or that can self destruct or crash itself somewhere it wont be found, like the Persian gulf.

I'm inclined to think they will try produce their own stealthy vehicles to protect their borders or they will acquire designs from other countries.

1874 wrote: »
    You'd think they'd be doing a bit more to protect their people,
    Like armoured cars, multiple vehicles, ie armour/bullet proofing, no doubt this doesnt protect against bullets indefinitely, just enough to maintain discrete armoured protection.

Id think, even that wouldn't be much use against RPG's unless lucky, and certainly not any kind of IED, or guided missle.
    Air attacks bring their own problems, in that the aircraft might be seen visually if not detected by radar, even if stealthy, and they have limits on fuel/range or can only be supported by aircraft that are more obvious and not stealthy.
    But so does having people on the ground, they can be captured, interrogated.

If I were the Iranians, I'd be out doing air patrols in their airspace and the vicinity for refueling tankers and electronic warfare aircraft, rather than rocket attacks (assuming thats what they support) they should have assets counting aircraft leaving and returning (or not) to airbases.

I'm a bit astonished they dont have more armed security, and planning around decoys, observing radio transmissions, even if they cant decipher them, and even possibly drones cued to follow or lead a specific vehicle to search for possible ambushes or search for activity along an intended route.

Thinking of the possibilities, its beneficial for whoever carried this out for their method not to be detected and to sow concern that it was a group of individuals, whereas it could be likely to be a remote piloted drone technology, something that can land and act as a mobile /missle platform that can attack an unarmoured/undefended target without risk of retaliation at the ambush or that can self destruct or crash itself somewhere it wont be found, like the Persian gulf.

I'm inclined to think they will try produce their own stealthy vehicles to protect their borders or they will acquire designs from other countries.

Or ya know foreign agents could stop assassinating people in their own country.... Wouldn't be exceptable the other way around..

Or ya know foreign agents could stop assassinating people in their own country.... Wouldn't be exceptable the other way around..

True, but that seems to be the Elephant in the room that everyone seems to be ignoring,
    Israel is acting like a rogue terrorist state if it is involved, and I cant see who else would be involved, surely it would be outrageous for the US to be involved, launching attacks over a sovereign nations territory, as bad as killing that General in Iraq was, and my understanding he was there by invitation, I thought that was indefensible, assassinations, on their territory, it can only be Israel, it seems there isn't a limit they wont go to.

I don't see the equivalent from Iran, can you imagine the uproar if an Israeli or US citizen was killed at any time on their soil??? especially to go out and directly target someone, an official explicitly.
    If I was the Iranians, Id be looking to beef up their counter intelligence, knowing you are on the ropes and your adversary is better in every way, doesnt mean you cant exploit some weakness.

Can you imagine if someone was picking off Irish Citizens at will??

• Advertisement

True, but that seems to be the Elephant in the room that everyone seems to be ignoring,
    Israel is acting like a rogue terrorist state if it is involved, and I cant see who else would be involved, surely it would be outrageous for the US to be involved, launching attacks over a sovereign nations territory, as bad as killing that General in Iraq was, and my understanding he was there by invitation, I thought that was indefensible, assassinations, on their territory, it can only be Israel, it seems there isn't a limit they wont go to.

I don't see the equivalent from Iran, can you imagine the uproar if an Israeli or US citizen was killed at any time on their soil??? especially to go out and directly target someone, an official explicitly.
    If I was the Iranians, Id be looking to beef up their counter intelligence, knowing you are on the ropes and your adversary is better in every way, doesnt mean you cant exploit some weakness.

You might want to look up the US history in Latin America or Iran for that matter .... Nothing is beyond them
    Israel hides behind the USAs skirt...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

The United States is not going stand in the way of Israel achieving what it wants against a common enemy. Mossad used irish fake passports to assassinate Mahmoud Al-Mabhouh in a Dubai hotel. Our government backed down extremely quickly when Israel threw the anti terror card at the government through its ambassador here in Ireland. Israel also threatened to sink an Irish aid ship going to Palestine. Israel are not afraid using or hurting Irish people, if it undermines the common goal of there government of Isreal. They don’t care for the UN forces on the borders either. A friend of mine frequently visits Iran as he is a professional aviation photographer and even he says if Iran really wanted to hurt Israel with its military it could easy do so. The former lead nuclear scientist is also a close friend of the President Rouhani so provocation is obviously what they are trying to do. From the outside looking in, it is definitely Netanyahu/Trump type idea to destabilise a potential relationship between Biden and Iran. Isreal never liked the JCPA and neither did Trump. You can see with the facts of a possible relationship is now destabilised the JCPA is one objective they are trying to stop Biden negotiating on.

They have a huge army and a small but nimble naval force mainly made up of fast patrol boats ,they are highly suspicious of foreigners ,

You can't defend against an enemy who have made assinations an art form ,it doesn't matter what you do when Isreal says a person is now on mossads kill list your guaranteed 99% success rate ,

Even compare airforces the majority Iran's date to the Vietnam war F4 phantoms and f5 tigers and some m29s Vs latest versions of the F16,15 ,F35s and widely believed other stealth aircraft ,and some of the most advanced drones fleets ,
    Iran airforce uses reverse engineering to keep their jets flying with some assistance from Russia ,they released a few images of their home grown stealth aircraft which they claimed was the most advanced in the world ,only for expert's to point out it was too small for a pilot to sit in ,or to have engines and a radar .
    They are involved in Syria , hizbollah and yemen yet they cannot defend themselves from Israeli strikes inside of Iran and Syria ,

Id imagine their nuclear weapons would be easily be deal with if it came to it too ,

You might want to look up the US history in Latin America or Iran for that matter .... Nothing is beyond them

I'm already aware of the History
    I guess times havent changed, in this day and age of information, its a bit perplexing to think they blatantly try to get away with this, the news cant be hidden so easily, but it seems it can be denied, twisted and that people will even defend them, it really is astonishing.

No they don't

rapul wrote: »
    There has to be a boogeyman, always has been its just Irans turn the last few decades sadly

When the UK seized an Iranian tanker and the Iranians returned the favour by seizing one of theirs the UK acted all shocked.... The mind boggles

Gatling wrote: »
    They have a huge army and a small but nimble naval force mainly made up of fast patrol boats ,they are highly suspicious of foreigners ,

You can't defend against an enemy who have made assinations an art form ,it doesn't matter what you do when Isreal says a person is now on mossads kill list your guaranteed 99% success rate ,

Even compare airforces the majority Iran's date to the Vietnam war F4 phantoms and f5 tigers and some m29s Vs latest versions of the F16,15 ,F35s and widely believed other stealth aircraft ,and some of the most advanced drones fleets ,
    Iran airforce uses reverse engineering to keep their jets flying with some assistance from Russia ,they released a few images of their home grown stealth aircraft which they claimed was the most advanced in the world ,only for expert's to point out it was too small for a pilot to sit in ,or to have engines and a radar .
    They are involved in Syria , hizbollah and yemen yet they cannot defend themselves from Israeli strikes inside of Iran and Syria ,

Id imagine their nuclear weapons would be easily be deal with if it came to it too ,

They are outside of there arms embargo now and are negating buying the SU35 and have inquired to purchase the SU57s and J10.

They have money and they going to spend it with there partners.

They reprogrammed the F-14 platforms also, allegedly using copies of the black market products they bought in the 80s. I really can imagine a war with would happen with Iran as they are quite strong in all areas.

Politicians there are very skeptical top of having relationship with neighbours as they basically have a US alley on almost every border.

No they don't

You're right they had to run to the UN when Hezbollah were handing them their asses... Funny how they routinely ignore the UN on other issues relating to their human rights abuses though

You're right they had to run to the UN when Hezbollah were handing them their asses... Funny how they routinely ignore the UN on other issues relating to their human rights abuses

Sssh stop telling the truth, lol

The United States is not going stand in the way of Israel achieving what it wants against a common enemy. Mossad used irish fake passports to assassinate Mahmoud Al-Mabhouh in a Dubai hotel. Our government backed down extremely quickly when Israel threw the anti terror card at the government through its ambassador here in Ireland. Israel also threatened to sink an Irish aid ship going to Palestine. Israel are not afraid using or hurting Irish people, if it undermines the common goal of there government of Isreal. They don’t care for the UN forces on the borders either. A friend of mine frequently visits Iran as he is a professional aviation photographer and even he says if Iran really wanted to hurt Israel with its military it could easy do so. The former lead nuclear scientist is also a close friend of the President Rouhani so provocation is obviously what they are trying to do. From the outside looking in, it is definitely Netanyahu/Trump type idea to destabilise a potential relationship between Biden and Iran. Isreal never liked the JCPA and neither did Trump. You can see with the facts of a possible relationship is now destabilised the JCPA is one objective they are trying to stop Biden negotiating on.

Israel is more of a nuisance to the US in the middle east and engage with other nations, honestly do not know why foreign nations fund Israel, should pull the plug on all aid, Germany and US.
    I dont see why the EU cant enforce sanctions, no nation can simply go around assassinating foreign citizens.
    It wasn't good enough for Russia when they offed their own former agents/citizens, not sure how this is excusable for any nation can decide to do so for official of another nation, that would seem to me to be like a declaration of war to others.

• Advertisement

Israel is more of a nuisance to the US in the middle east and engage with other nations, honestly do not know why foreign nations fund Israel, should pull the plug on all aid, Germany and US.
    I dont see why the EU cant enforce sanctions, no nation can simply go around assassinating foreign citizens.
    It wasn't good enough for Russia when they offed their own former agents/citizens, not sure how this is excusable for any nation can decide to do so for official of another nation, that would seem to me to be like a declaration of war to others.

Couldn’t agree more with you, it’s like isreal is used as a pawn, they killing innocent civilians in guided (miss calculated) shelling. The EU are blind or naive to think isreal is not guilty of wrong doing.

They are outside of there arms embargo now and are negating buying the SU35 and have inquired to purchase the SU57s and J10.

Russia can't even afford their own su57s never mind iran and they only have 6 of them , India ran away from them when they realised they could track and find the su57 with their current aircraft the same with the Chinese f22 clone ,and the J10 is a poor rip off of an F16 only bigger and with less maneuverability ,
    Most of Iran's missiles are rebadged Russian ones claimed to be new super weapons only 30+ year old .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

As opposed to evidence for national treason? Yeah. No.

But I'm not interested in the slightest, in arguing over Trump.

You should be. Trump may be highly relevant to this debate. We’ve seen how childish he was about trying to sabotage Obamacare even though it was a popular program. It is unlikely he wasn’t consulted on this assassination. One of his motives would be to prevent Biden doing a deal with the Iranians. The problem is this isn’t a unipolar world any more. America’s adversaries have choices, albeit grim ones. In its doomed attempt to match India’s conventional and nuclear arsenal, Pakistan has fallen into China’s ‘debt diplomacy’ orbit, to such an extent that its devoutly Muslim leader claims not to know anything about China’s persecution of the Uighurs. Iran is rumoured to have recently agreed to a 400 billion dollar development deal with China that is causing serious concern among some of the mullahs themselves, as well as India which has had good relations with Iran.
    ...there is some Iranian concern about a full economic embrace of China. In late-June former President Mahmud Ahmadinejad warned in a speech that policymakers were “handing Iran's purse to other countries without informing the nation." Others have since joined the criticism, including former conservative lawmaker Ali Motahari, who appeared to suggest on Twitter that before signing the pact Iran should raise the fate of Muslims who are reportedly being persecuted in China. And Crown Prince Reza Pahlavi, an exiled opposition leader, join the choir of opponents to the deal.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielcohen/2020/07/17/china-and-iran-approach-massive-400-billion-deal/?sh=2365643f2a16

In the new Great Game between China and the US, Iran and the Stans would be some of the prizes. Iran’s leaders must realize the dangers of Chinese domination, given the fascist and racist nature of that regime, but they may think they have no option if the near war with America keeps up.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    You should be. Trump may be highly relevant to this debate. We’ve seen how childish he was about trying to sabotage Obamacare even though it was a highly popular program. It is highly unlikely he wasn’t consulted on this assassination. One of his motives would be trying to stop Biden doing a deal with the Iranians.

Yeah, Israeli feckers never asked me.

Something people don't take into account Iran isn't really a unified state ,like every other country in the region it's controlled by fear with a small cohort having all of the power ,
    And you don't have a real unified military either yes you have the Iranian army ,navy and airforce and they are ruled by the revolutionary guard ,who limit spending on anyone but their own loyal units and over seas proxies ,a real modern Iran Military could unseat the revolutionaries guard and religious supreme leadership ,
    Which in turn could see Iran coming back into the international community .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Iran would be doing just fine without interference from the US of A, ousting a democratically elected president and funding Iraqs bombardment of Iran in the 80s

And to be fair America use fear aswell just its ok for them no matter what, just like Israel can assassinate people in there own country.

But Iran is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭KarlMarks

The US and their Israeli lapdogs love nothing more than political and economic instability in the Middle East and Iran. Robert Fisk explained it better than anyone in his writings.

rapul wrote: »

But Iran is bad.

Iranian are fine it's their revolutionary military and religious supreme leadership that's happily killing others countries citizens and face no action .
    The country was doing ok until the revolution took over and yes the shah was no Saint either ,but this crap is being caused by a small cohort in power only out for themselves not the ordinary Iranian on the street.
    But when ordinary people take to the streets to speak up about their conditions they are met with bullets and tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Something people don't take into account Iran isn't really a unified state ,like every other country in the region it's controlled by fear with a small cohort having all of the power.

As we know, that’s simpler when you’re fighting among yourselves than when a foreigner intervenes. Some of the Shah’s pilots, who had merely been dismissed from the force by Khomeini rather than executed, returned to defend their country in the Iran-Iraq War.

• Advertisement

Ardillaun wrote: »
    As we know, that’s simpler when you’re fighting among yourselves than when a foreigner intervenes. Some of the Shah’s pilots, who had merely been dismissed from the force by Khomeini rather than executed, returned to defend their country in the Iran-Iraq War.

Yes they did ,but to this day many face execution for little or nothing including political beliefs ,
    Go to parts of Iraq and all you will see is images of Ali Khamenei all over buildings similar to how Saddam portrayed himself ,they are essentially marking territory as their own ,yes they claimed to be there to help fight Isis,this will eventually lead to more conflict ,and it's Iranian civilians and Iraqis will suffer again.
    Under the guise of the revolution

Advertisement