Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

@Pipmae - Sounds good and something to try at some point - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Pipmae wrote: »
    I don't know how you'll resist temptation not to open it until then. You'll miss the best months of the summer.:pac:

I know but it's the big birthday then and I'm not getting him another present:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Any grill pan recommendations for the 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

One - the big one. Fillet steak x 4.

When did you order it? I see they are sold out again, it took 3 months to get the oven after it was bought so I'm wondering how long these are likely to take when they come back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For anyone interested there is a used Uuni up on Donedeal at the moment. Its either the Uuni 2 or 3 which takes wood pellets though you can buy the gas attachment and use gas that way if you want.

Its on at 125 euro so a bit of a bargain for whoever gets it
    https://www.donedeal.ie/gardenequipment-for-sale/uuni-pizza-oven/27551124?campaign=14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

cloneslad wrote: »
    When did you order it? I see they are sold out again, it took 3 months to get the oven after it was bought so I'm wondering how long these are likely to take when they come back in stock.

Oops sorry just seeing this now. I ordered 20th January and got it within 4 or 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Muahahaha wrote: »
    For anyone interested there is a used Uuni up on Donedeal at the moment. Its either the Uuni 2 or 3 which takes wood pellets though you can buy the gas attachment and use gas that way if you want.

https://www.donedeal.ie/gardenequipment-for-sale/uuni-pizza-oven/27551124?campaign=14

Are you sure the gas attachment works with the 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

ucd.1985 wrote: »

That’s a 3 on the done deal ad. As far as I know the 2 will take the gas attachment for the 3 but they don’t officially sell it for it as it would have meant they needed to get safety approval for it.

The gas attachment works with the 2 as I have one on mine working perfectly. And it definitely works for the 3 as Ooni sell it for that, as previous poster said its to do with some safety approval that they dont sell it for the 2 but it does work fine and the screw holes on it line up perfectly with the holes in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Muahahaha wrote: »

Bought this this morning for €100. Many thanks to the OP.

How does one tell the difference between the 2 and the 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

The 3 has a square pellet hopper whereas it’s round on the 2

ah great to hear some one here picked it up as it was a great deal and I know it can take months for them to be delivered new from Ooni. At least now you're sorted for pizza for the summer :)

Just with the wood pellets they need topping up about every five minutes. When I was using them it would typically be an initial light using firelighters beneath the pellets and then 3 top ups over the next 15-20 minutes before it got up to temperatures of around 450c for cooking pizza. The chimney cap on the oven also doubles as a scoop for getting pellets out of the bag which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

My ooni koda, bought on NYE has finally began to move. Its in Holland at the moment waiting to be handed over to GLS. 3 months of a wait and it will be here in time for spring and summer . Chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Oops sorry just seeing this now. I ordered 20th January and got it within 4 or 5 working days.

cheers, I must keep and eye out for it. I know they have the others there but I would like the bigger one to avoid having even more clutter in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Idunnowho

Not a bargain specifically but I note many on here have been waiting a long time for their Ooni. My research and needs pointed me towards the Karu which Ooni currently have in stock on their own site. I couldn’t find it cheaper anywhere. I ordered Monday 15th March and it was shipped with GLS today so hopefully here next week. I couldn’t wait months as using it every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sineadismyname

Hi, just wondering if anyone has a current friends code for the ooni website? I am interested In buying the ooni karu. Also want to buy the gas adaptor but I don't think it's in stock, they don't have the 37 and that seems to be the size for Ireland. Does anyone know if that's correct? Thanks

Hi, just wondering if anyone has a current friends code for the ooni website? I am interested In buying the ooni karu. Also want to buy the gas adaptor but I don't think it's in stock, they don't have the 37 and that seems to be the size for Ireland. Does anyone know if that's correct? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Idunnowho wrote: »
    Not a bargain specifically but I note many on here have been waiting a long time for their Ooni. My research and needs pointed me towards the Karu which Ooni currently have in stock on their own site. I couldn’t find it cheaper anywhere. I ordered Monday 15th March and it was shipped with GLS today so hopefully here next week. I couldn’t wait months as using it every week.

I ordered the 6th of march and it arrived today, the karu aswell. I ordered the gas attachment aswell but not sure if that arrived or not havent seen package yet.
    So u should have soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

GW10%-11201
    This has worked for a few people for 10% off,

Not sure if it is still active

The Mulk wrote: »
    GW10%-11201
    This has worked for a few people for 10% off,

Not sure if it is still active

It’s active when I apply it to shopping cart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭willabur

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    I ordered the 6th of march and it arrived today, the karu aswell. I ordered the gas attachment aswell but not sure if that arrived or not havent seen package yet.
    So u should have soon
    Does it not come with the gas attachment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

willabur wrote: »
    Does it not come with the gas attachment?

No, it's approx €65 extra. You just get the bare minimum with the ovens and the Karu is multi fuel

scarepanda wrote: »
    No, it's approx €65 extra. You just get the bare minimum with the ovens and the Karu is multi fuel

it says this on the website

What's In The Box
    • Ooni Koda 12 pizza oven body with folding legs
    • Cordierite stone baking board
    • Gas regulator and hose to connect to your propane tank*

are we mixing up karu and koda?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭epopnomis

think that's the koda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

willabur wrote: »
    are we mixing up karu and koda?

Yup! Koda AFAIK is just gas. The Karu is multifuel (wood, charcoal or gas). So it comes as a wood/charcoal oven but the gas attachment can be bought if you want that option as well.

Were you able to order the 37mbar has attachment ?

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    So u should have soon

Were you able to order the 37mbar gas attachment? It's out of stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Were you able to order the 37mbar gas attachment? It's out of stock now

If you buy the Koda 12 or Koda 16 you need to buy the 37mb one for Ireland. The gas hose and attachment is included in the box. You don't need to buy them separately.

Don't buy the 50mb or 30mb model and then the 37mb hose/regulator separately. You're setting yourself up for a problem.

Rathwood have them coming into stock if that's any help. They might be in stock before Ooni.eu.

• Advertisement

Idunnowho wrote: »

Was the 37 mbar gas attachment in stock then?

Advertisement