Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I don’t think the referral codes are available anymore. I tried to dig one out a few posts back and it doesn’t seem to work. Sorry!

Actually, scrap the below idea. They add taxes and duties of 91 euro when you get to the checkout. Then delivery.

I’ve just spotted the ooni Karu on selfridges Irish website for 295 euro. It’s 329 on ooni website.

https://www.selfridges.com/IE/en/cat/ooni-karu-wood-and-charcoal-fired-portable-pizza-oven_R00135305/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Mine finally arrived today!!!!! So excited

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Let me know if anyone you're buying an oven and I'll see can I help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

This code worked earlier in the week for 10% off. I’m not sure if it makes a difference but it was on the UK site.

GW10%-11201

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jordanbag

Hi, I want to buy an oven so please let me know if you have any referrals or codes! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭milosh

The koda 16 is in stock in meadows and byrne. They have a 15% discount code with the code members15 which brings it down to around €430
    https://www.meadowsandbyrne.com/ooni-koda-16-gas-powered-pizza-oven.html

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

I'm thinking of going for a Koda 12, they look like they're on sale in Rathwood for €299. After looking around I think that's a good price or is there a better deal elsewhere?

This is our first pizza oven so I'm not going to splurge on the Koda 16 deal at Meadows & Byrne just yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Blizzard wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going for a Koda 12, they look like they're on sale in Rathwood for €299. After looking around I think that's a good price or is there a better deal elsewhere?

This is our first pizza oven so I'm not going to splurge on the Koda 16 deal at Meadows & Byrne just yet. :)

One of the cheaper places, just be aware it'll be mid May by the time it comes in at best. Ooni themselves are end of March. Painfully slow

duffman13 wrote: »
    One of the cheaper places, just be aware it'll be mid May by the time it comes in at best. Ooni themselves are end of March. Painfully slow

Thanks, I saw that and factored that in. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

milosh wrote: »
    The koda 16 is in stock in meadows and byrne. They have a 15% discount code with the code members15 which brings it down to around €430
    NEVER MIND

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

milosh wrote:

Thanks for this. I used the codo welcome15

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭milosh

Poco90 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I used the codo welcome15

Sorry, that’s the correct code. Typo earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Sorry, that’s the correct code. Typo earlier

The discount code needs to be in caps. I just ordered this. We’ve been waiting since January 17 for the Koda and will be waiting another 2 months - madness. Just cancelled that order. great price from M & B too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ordered with WELCOME15, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Hi all
    Wondering if anyone has a referral code.

Looking at the pro oven but at the price it would be nice to get the discount.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I was thinking of the koda 16 or pro for my husband as a surprise for his 40th, should i bite the bullet and get the koda16-the 15% off is so tempting!!! Birthday not until August.

saggycaggy wrote: »
    I was thinking of the koda 16 or pro for my husband as a surprise for his 40th, should i bite the bullet and get the koda16-the 15% off is so tempting!!! Birthday not until August.

Same here - now I'm wavering towards the Koda 12 (as price is good too - €299) or do I go for 16 at that deal? We haven't had a pizza oven before so I'm not sure if we'll use it enough to justify the higher price.

Same here - now I'm wavering towards the Koda 12 (as price is good too - €299) or do I go for 16 at that deal? We haven't had a pizza oven before so I'm not sure if we'll use it enough to justify the higher price.

We havnt had one either - but he loves making pizzas from scratch. I joined a few ooni Facebook pages this week and people make all sorts on it, I received a curry recipe! People seem to use it all year round too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Definitely buy it now if you want to be any ways sure of delivery before August. Sounds mad doesn't it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

We havnt had one either - but he loves making pizzas from scratch. I joined a few ooni Facebook pages this week and people make all sorts on it, I received a curry recipe! People seem to use it all year round too.

Ooh...Cuurrry.....can you link me the recipe?( maybe in pizza forum)

Have a browse in pizza forum, loads of food advice there

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057609472/137/#post116456292

Did you join Irish Facebook group?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

One thing I would say about 16 inch v 12 inch is it is a tricky enough skill to properly hand stretch out a dough ball to a 12 inch pizza base dont mind doing it to 16 inches which is a fair big bigger. A 16 inch pizza only sounds a little bit bigger than a 12 inch but its actually not, its almost twice the size of one ( there is 113 square inches for a 12 inch pizza compared to 201 square inches for a 16 inch one).

Also if you go 16 inch then you'll need a 16 inch pizza peel to launch and lift up pizzas, theres not as many of those around as your standard 12 inch ones.

In short I wouldnt go 16 inch unless you already know you can stretch dough balls out to that size without ripping them or having trouble with them. If the worst came to the worst you could get the rolling pin out but then you dont get that lovely airy crust that rises up in the oven. But to be honest if you really need huge amounts of pizza then making two 12 inch ones would be a lot easier for the novice pizza maker than making a single 16 inch one. They cook in under two minutes so its not like theres any hanging around as they cook quicker than you can prepare one.

Ooh...Cuurrry.....can you link me the recipe?( maybe in pizza forum)

Have a browse in pizza forum, loads of food advice there

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057609472/137/#post116456292

Did you join Irish Facebook group?

Sorry i looked back at the FB post and the guy sent me a pic of a tandoori chicken curry dish he made in the ooni and said he got the receipe from a Waitross recipe card, I can ask for the receipe. It's the UK page i was on, i didn't know there was an Irish one nor did i know there was a pizza forum here:p
    Thanks!!

scarepanda wrote: »
    Definitely buy it now if you want to be any ways sure of delivery before August. Sounds mad doesn't it?!

Ok thanks!! Hope he likes it:D
    I assume nobody had regretted getting one??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Sorry i looked back at the FB post and the guy sent me a pic of a tandoori chicken curry dish he made in the ooni and said he got the receipe from a Waitross recipe card, I can ask for the receipe. It's the UK page i was on, i didn't know there was an Irish one nor did i know there was a pizza forum here:p
    Thanks!!

Just put a link to the Irish Facebook page in the pizza forum

Muahahaha wrote: »
    One thing I would say about 16 inch v 12 inch is it is a tricky enough skill to properly hand stretch out a dough ball to a 12 inch pizza base dont mind doing it to 16 inches which is a fair big bigger. A 16 inch pizza only sounds a little bit bigger than a 12 inch but its actually not, its almost twice the size of one ( there is 113 square inches for a 12 inch pizza compared to 201 square inches for a 16 inch one).

Also if you go 16 inch then you'll need a 16 inch pizza peel to launch and lift up pizzas, theres not as many of those around as your standard 12 inch ones.

In short I wouldnt go 16 inch unless you already know you can stretch dough balls out to that size without ripping them or having trouble with them. If the worst came to the worst you could get the rolling pin out but then you dont get that lovely airy crust that rises up in the oven. But to be honest if you really need huge amounts of pizza then making two 12 inch ones would be a lot easier for the novice pizza maker than making a single 16 inch one. They cook in under two minutes so its not like theres any hanging around as they cook quicker than you can prepare one.

Thanks so much for that info @Muahahaha. Because we haven't used a pizza oven before and I'm not sure how often we'll use it, I went ahead and ordered one from Rathwood.com this evening. (I do like to cook and we were supposed to be headed to Italy on holidays this summer but that's not looking likely, I figured we should get this instead :pac:). I ordered the Koda 12 for €299 (it's selling on Ooni and most places for €349) and I got the cover for it also which will be delivered in early/mid May. Now I did have to pay €39 for shipping so it almost cancels out the savings as Ooni deliver for free BUT I had two reasons for doing this: 1) we're having work done on the garden in April so I don't plan on doing too much out there then + we have a bbq if the weather is fab and 2) Rathwood have EasyPay option so my total was €377 but I only paid €126 today and I can pay the balance however/whenever I want over the next 8 weeks. This option might appeal to others.

So now that I have that ordered, what accessories do I need to get to start: a peel (thinking I might get a wood one and a long-handled stainless steel one), dough cutter / scraper, infrared thermometer. I've been looking on Amazon for these. Anything else or any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Ok thanks!! Hope he likes it:D
    I assume nobody had regretted getting one??

Well we haven't anyways. We got ours in October, so it hasn't been used much so far. We fired it up for the first time this year last weekend and holy moly, the pizza cooked in the oven isn't a patch on the Karu! We use a mix of wood and coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

My Ooni Koda gas oven arrived on Thursday. My gf ordered it for me in November. The peel arrived in early January.

To be fair to them they kept in contact with her throughout and had let her know at the outset we wouldn't have it for Christmas.

I had been making pizzas with a pizza stone on the BBQ for the last year and half but this pizza oven is a whole other level.

The Koda is incredibly tidy looking and I wouldn't go for any bigger than the 12 inch unless you really need it. As someone mentioned above, you then have to make the dough for a 16 inch and it can be tricky enough making it for the 12 inch, especially when not using a mixer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Thanks so much for that info @Muahahaha. Because we haven't used a pizza oven before and I'm not sure how often we'll use it, I went ahead and ordered one from Rathwood.com this evening. (I do like to cook and we were supposed to be headed to Italy on holidays this summer but that's not looking likely, I figured we should get this instead :pac:). I ordered the Koda 12 for €299 (it's selling on Ooni and most places for €349) and I got the cover for it also which will be delivered in early/mid May. Now I did have to pay €39 for shipping so it almost cancels out the savings as Ooni deliver for free BUT I had two reasons for doing this: 1) we're having work done on the garden in April so I don't plan on doing too much out there then + we have a bbq if the weather is fab and 2) Rathwood have EasyPay option so my total was €377 but I only paid €126 today and I can pay the balance however/whenever I want over the next 8 weeks. This option might appeal to others.

So now that I have that ordered, what accessories do I need to get to start: a peel (thinking I might get a wood one and a long-handled stainless steel one), dough cutter / scraper, infrared thermometer. I've been looking on Amazon for these. Anything else or any advice?

Get the steel peel for putting the pizza in and taking it out if the oven. You won't need a wooden one, you can just use wooden chopping boards to put it on.

You most likely won't need the thermometer, you'll know when it's hot by just being beside it.

I just take the silicone end off one of my spatulas and use it as a scraper to take the dough out of the bowl when it is sticking, though having a scraper would prob be preferred by most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭epopnomis

anyone else have issues with pizza sticking to metal peel when launching the pizzas. its hit or miss with me and normally half the ingredients end up in the oven in a blaze. thinking its the metal peel. dough is 65% hydration.

Advertisement