Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

Ordered a Karu 12 in November, still nothing. Gonna get on to the helpdesk and see if there's an update. I got a tracking number in December, but very liited details.

The OONI website says they're in stock, has anyone bought one recently? Or had one delivered in the past month or so?

Finally got an email off them with a link to a replacement order. So new order placed as and from this morning. They're still not sure what happened order number 1 and have asked me to return it if it does eventually arrive. Five months is a bit of a long wait, to be sure, but at least it's on the way. I might try to wrangle a free gas connector yoke out of them for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭jones

Looking to get one of these in the summer (if available) I was going to get the 12 but now think i'll go for the bigger gas one. Am i mad?

Also where do you guys get you pizza dough?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

jones wrote: »
    Looking to get one of these in the summer (if available) I was going to get the 12 but not think i'll go for the bigger gas one. Am i mad?

Also where do you guys get you pizza dough?

The fun part ( and the part that makes you end up getting a takeaway), is making your own dough.

Google / ask here / buy pizza book.

12, or go bigger.....how many are you feeding

12, or bigger.....how much space do you have?

12,or bigger....do you want it to be portable? ( eg..pop in the boot and go to your sisters house )

Loads more opinions..here...https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057609472/147/#post116855607

and here...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/226406129063965

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Has anyone had an purpose built table made for their Oonis?
    I have purchased a Koda16 for husbands bday present and got a price of €350 for a handmade table with room for gas storage and room to store the Koda (drawer) when not using it, it's made from pine and has a slide out shelf for when using the Koda. It's defo more than I thought of spending but wonder if it's worth it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Halfords tool trolley for €80 will do the job perfectly
    Copied an earlier poster on this thread and popped my Karu on a Halfords tool trolley, with gas tank on lower shelf - gonna live outdoors now with a cover (next to its siblings).

549767.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

saggycaggy wrote: »
    I have purchased a Koda16 for husbands bday present and got a price of €350 for a handmade table with room for gas storage and room to store the Koda (drawer) when not using it, it's made from pine and has a slide out shelf for when using the Koda. It's defo more than I thought of spending but wonder if it's worth it:confused:

I wouldn't be putting it anywhere near a wooden table for a decent period of time. The wall i sit mine on is roasting when it's on, I wouldn't trust it on wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I built my own table at a cost of around 220 but its 2.4 mtrs long. Stock wood and parts under it.

I did see a perfect table in B&Q today in Swords that would suit an oven on top and room under. Not sure of it would fit a gas bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

What about the ooni modular table as an option if you are spending that sort of money

https://eu.ooni.com/collections/accessories/products/ooni-modular-table-large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Here us the table in b&q on their UK site.

https://www.diy.com/departments/goodhome-denia-garden-trolley-90kg-capacity/1875855_BQ.prd

Thanks everyone for the feedback, i like the look of the b&q one, i'll check the measurements for a koda16.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

FWIW, I use my ooni karu with oak firewood on a timber table that i made. Absolutely no problem at all. Very little heat comes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

oinkely wrote: »
    FWIW, I use my ooni karu with oak firewood on a timber table that i made. Absolutely no problem at all. Very little heat comes out of it.

I thought it would have been really hot for the wooden table but I stand corrected as I've not put in on one. I had it on a wall the other night and when I poured some water on the wall to clean some tomato sauce off it there was a lot of steam from the heat of the brick.

cloneslad wrote: »
    I thought it would have been really hot for the wooden table but I stand corrected as I've not put in on one. I had it on a wall the other night and when I poured some water on the wall to clean some tomato sauce off it there was a lot of steam from the heat of the brick.

I was surprised too. I just ran up a simple table top using the timber from an old ikea bed frame as i had nothing to sit it on. I sit that on a glass patio table and the ooni on top. Typically i bring it up to temp and then cook about 5 pizzas in it at a go.

So far so good, plenty of scorch marks on the wood from the firewood hatch cover, but nothing from the unit itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Ordered on 28th march, shipped on 1st April and just got it today just incase anyone wants to know sort of timelines involved

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Same for me. Shipped 1st April, recieved today.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Same here..... Pizza for dinner tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

My accessories arrived too. Pizza on the menu tomorrow evening. Dough proofing in the fridge right now!

Ah stop you lot! I’m still waiting for the accessories.

My karu was looking sad so we lit it up to season it.

9-D92-D1-CC-40-DC-4-B30-AC5-C-80-E2-E4-AF9986.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

Ah stop you lot! I’m still waiting for the accessories.

My karu was looking sad so we lit it up to season it.

9-D92-D1-CC-40-DC-4-B30-AC5-C-80-E2-E4-AF9986.jpg

I like your table, it all looks well. Hope your accessories arrive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Roxirose wrote: »
    GW10%-11203 now works

Thank you this worked for me also :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Just opened up my ooni and no pizza stone?!? Bloody hell. Happy Saturday! Anyone else have this issue??

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

If it's not in the special bubble wrap in the package, contact support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

Can anyone recommend where to buy the wood pellets? Tried a few places locally but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

first run of the ooni koda 12 today.

While it was nice, it wasn't amazing. The dough was just a little bit meh.
    Followed OONI recipe, used yeast, kneaded the dough for 10 mins, dough rose as expected in the proofing stage.

ended up with just a meh result which is disappointing.

Will keep trying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

willabur wrote: »

Followed OONI recipe, used yeast, kneaded the dough for 10 mins, dough rose as expected in the proofing stage.

Use the pizza app try 65-70% hydration and do longer fermentation to get best result !

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

Lidl have a pizza stone offer today https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/barbecues-and-accessories/pizza-stone/p10170 . Any advice from pizza experts would be appreciated.

Ask on this thread? Lots of great ideas about everything!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057609472/1/#post100026395

willabur wrote: »

Did you use an infra red thermometer to check the temp of the stone before chucking in the pizza?

I found it a bit hit and miss until i got an IR thermometer from amazon.

Hey, i have a Koda16 wrapped up for my husbands birthday in August ( i know, a shame to waste most of the summer wrapped up but I'm not getting him another present:p).

So I need to get an temperature gun thing and a pizza peel is it just to get going?

Anyone know any reasonable priced ones I could get? I see some people have ordered from Wish? I've never ordered anything from Wish so not sure on quality etc.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

i have a Koda16 wrapped up for my husbands birthday in August ( i know, a shame to waste most of the summer wrapped up but I'm not getting him another present).

I think you're mad, thats 3 months of good pizza you're missing out on, give it to him!
    So I need to get an temperature gun thing and a pizza peel is it just to get going?

Anyone know any reasonable priced ones I could get? I see some people have ordered from Wish? I've never ordered anything from Wish so not sure on quality etc.
    Thanks!

Presuming you have gas already? If not then you need propane which the grey coloured bottle called 'patio gas' by Calor, local fuel merchants or petrol stations should stock it. Around 65 for a full bottle half of which is the deposit for the bottle, when its empty you get a refill for about 35 euro

I dont think there are any major savings buying peels from Wish or Aliexpress last time I looked. You can get infrared thermometers on Amazon/ebay for about 12-15 euro. Pizza peels are also there for about 20-30 usually or you can get one from Nisbetts locally, they are online or have a kitchen catering shop on Moore St, Dublin 1. https://www.nisbets.ie/kitchenware-and-knives/utensils/pizza-utensils/_/a33-3
    Just make sure to get the right size, you want one that can hold a 12 inch pizza. Also a wooden peel is best for launching the pizza as the dough doesnt stick as easily as metal. Metal ones are needed for getting the pizza out of the oven and turning it during cooking. Oono themselves also sell peels but they are pricey enough for what they are at around 40-60 euro

Advertisement