Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

Can i also ask the conspiracy theorists did the swedish politicians not get the memo about the conspiracy when they decided not to lock down like most other governments?
    Did Bill leave them out of his email chain?
    And have they just got them memo now that they are deciding to implement laws to close down businesses and public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

nino1 wrote: »
    I actually agree with you that the number of cycles used could be something that needs to be looked at to reduce the number of positive results that are potentially non-infectious.
    Its doesn't make it a conspiracy though as even if the cycles are reduced to 25 cycles cases will still increase (maybe to a lesser extent) and restrictions will need to be introduced to prevent hospitals from being over run which is the point of restrictions

Why would cases increase if cycles are reduced to below 25?

Less false positives means lower numbers

When you operate a clinical piece of test equipment outside it’s range then the data is open to strict examination
    SOP’s in the medical equipment industry are probably the strictest I have come across

I suppose if I suggested that in a few weeks they will recommend PCR cycles to be reduced to below 25 and cases start reducing, will it be attributed to the success of the vaccine

We shall wait and see

It still doesn’t take away from the fact that the lockdowns are being primarily driven by case numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Can i also ask the conspiracy theorists did the swedish politicians not get the memo about the conspiracy when they decided not to lock down like most other governments?
    Did Bill leave them out of his email chain?
    And have they just got them memo now that they are deciding to implement laws to close down businesses and public transport?

Of course they did but they got the other memo to do the opposite to show how not to do it
    All for a few extra krona

Lex Luthor wrote: »

They are rising as a result of inter county and inter generation mixing over the last few weeks but it might be just at a lower rate if the cycles were reduced to 25. Reducing the cycles to 25 does not mean more people are not getting infected with covid.

I suppose if I suggested that in a few weeks they will recommend PCR cycles to be reduced to below 25 and cases start reducing, will it be attributed to the success of the vaccine

So do you not think the vaccine is effective? Of course the vaccine will reduce cases and if the cycles are reduced to 25 cycles there will be additional less positive cases but as the vaccine has been shown to be 90% effective of course the reduction in cases will be credited to the vaccine as it should be.

It still doesn’t take away from the fact that the lockdowns are being primarily driven by case numbers
    do you not think there is any correlation with case numbers and ICU admissions?
    Of course they did but they got the other memo to do the opposite to show how not to do it
    All for a few extra krona
    I hope that is tongue in cheek but you wouldn't know on this thread!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Seen Michael Martin say that with the vaccine normality will not resume for another 6 months at least. How the hell does he know this information does have regular meeting with the virus to ask what it's next move will be or is it infact not a pandemic but dare I say a plandemic.

• Advertisement

GT89 wrote: »
    Seen Michael Martin say that with the vaccine normality will not resume for another 6 months at least. How the hell does he know this information does have regular meeting with the virus to ask what it's next move will be or is it infact not a pandemic but dare I say a plandemic.

Based on numbers predicted to be vaccinated in the coming months and the speed at which we can deliver them or even obtain them. Might get a bit faster if more vaccines become available etc.

Based on numbers predicted to be vaccinated in the coming months and the speed at which we can deliver them or even obtain them. Might get a bit faster if more vaccines become available etc.

So it is a plandemic not a pandemic

Maybe because there is a planned roll out of the vaccine over a number of months?

Would you be so kind as to give some details as to what you think the conspiracy is, who, specifically is involved, who is in the dark and what the purpose is?
    or do you just like calling in a plandemic rather than a pandemic?

Maybe because there is a planned roll out of the vaccine over a number of months?

Would you be so kind as to give some details as to what you think the conspiracy is, who, specifically is involved, who is in the dark and what the purpose is?
    or do you just like calling in a plandemic rather than a pandemic?

Thanks for confirming it's a plandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No way Micheál can hold the wall past April.

• Advertisement

I don't think this thread belongs in the conspiracy theory forum at all as nobody seems to be able to put forward a theory aside from extremely vague suggestions that there could somehow be a conspiracy in there somewhere and this guy who likes to call it a plandemic and thank people for agreeing with him who did no such thing!

I don't think this thread belongs in the conspiracy theory forum at all as nobody seems to be able to put forward a theory aside from extremely vague suggestions that there could somehow be a conspiracy in there somewhere and this guy who likes to call it a plandemic and thank people for agreeing with him who did no such thing!

There are numerous people behind this crisis there isn't just one, there isn't just one motive there are hundreds and there isn't just again there are numerous. It's not clear cut what I do believe is we are being lied to what the mktive is I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Less false positives means lower numbers

When you operate a clinical piece of test equipment outside it’s range then the data is open to strict examination
    SOP’s in the medical equipment industry are probably the strictest I have come across

We shall wait and see

Another spurious claim without evidence. PCR cycles are per the manufacturers recommendations. There is no one size fits all approach on cycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

There are numerous people behind this crisis there isn't just one, there isn't just one motive there are hundreds and there isn't just again there are numerous. It's not clear cut what I do believe is we are being lied to what the mktive is I don't know.

Sounds like you suffer from paranoia. Have you been to a psychotherapist?

Thanks for confirming you have nothing to add to the discussion.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Sounds like you suffer from paranoia. Have you been to a psychotherapist?

I'm guessing you wear a mask and bring a little bottle of sanitiser around as your paranoid about catching and spreading a virus with a 99.9% chance of killing you

I'm guessing you wear a mask and bring a little bottle of sanitiser around as your paranoid about catching and spreading a virus with a 99.9% chance of killing you

Yes, he's probably not a selfish person who doesn't care who he infects. You make it sound like cleaning your hands is a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I wear a mask to limit the risk of me passing on the virus unknowingly.

So how long have you felt everyone was out to get you?

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I wear a mask to limit the risk of me passing on the virus unknowingly.

So how long have you felt everyone was out to get you?

I don't feel everyone is out to get me I feel the government and those in power are out to get me and everyone who is not them

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

I don't feel everyone is out to get me I feel the government and those in power are out to get me and everyone who is not them

Which government? You do realise this is a worldwide thing don't you?

• Advertisement

Yeah, that sounds like a persecution complex. Not much we can do for you here. You should speak to a professional about it.

so you don't know who is behind it, how many people are behind it (asides from it being more than one person) , you are not sure of how many motives (asides from it being in the hundreds) You are not "clear cut" what you do believe and you don't know what the motive is but one thing for sure is that we are being lied to!!!

Yes, he's probably not a selfish person who doesn't care who he infects. You make it sound like cleaning your hands is a big deal.

I wear a mask in shops and on public transport purely to avoid drawing attention to myself but I wouldn't care if others don't I'm actually quite a reserved person in real life believe or not. I don't use hand sanitiser and only wash my hands after visting the toilet, if something unpleasant gets on them or before preparing food I do no more hand washing than pre covid.

aido79 wrote: »
    Which government? You do realise this is a worldwide thing don't you?

Hence why I said the government and those in power

I wear a mask in shops and on public transport purely to avoid drawing attention to myself but I wouldn't care if others don't I'm actually quite a reserved person in real life believe or not. I don't use hand sanitiser and only wash my hands after visting the toilet, if something unpleasant gets on them or before preparing food I do no more hand washing than pre covid.

Not all heroes wear capes.

Hence why I said the government and those in power

That makes no sense. It just makes you sound paranoid.

aido79 wrote: »
    That makes no sense. It just makes you sound paranoid.

Some people go shopping wearing a mask, a visor and gloves but yet I'm the paranoid one.

Some people go shopping wearing a mask, a visor and gloves but yet I'm the paranoid one.

If you think the government are out to get you then why are you playing right into their hands by helping spread covid?

If you think the government are out to get you then why are you playing right into their hands by helping spread covid?

I don't help spread covid anymore than most people

• Advertisement

I wasn't talking about being paranoid about contracting covid19.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement