Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

What what are peoples thoughts on the PS5 Disc version and the noise the disc makes while spinning in the PS5?I’m finding mine distractingly loud.

It’s weird my PS4 made absolutely no noise at all when a disk was spinning but the fan was crazy loud and now the PS5 the fan is really quiet but the disk winning in the PS5 is irritating.

Disc. Not a tap out of the fan.

What are about any noise from the disc spinning in the PS5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is the noise I'm getting when running a game. Is yer noise similar?

https://twitter.com/DarkMarkGaming/status/1329493630541770754?s=19

I think I'm getting the exact same as you but i think it's fine. Although I'm coming from a Pro with a jet engine. I can hear the PS5 but i don't have to turn up tv volume to hear the games like i did with the ps4 so it's good by me.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1329566207419224064?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As for disc noise, yeah it kicks in now and again but not a patch on ps4, this sounds like a normal amount of noise of ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just had a couple of games of DIRT. WOW what a game. The graphics on it are second to none. It’s so smooth and slick. It’s a fun game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

My 2 PS5s arrived this morning.
    1 for me.
    1 for my daughter for Xmas.

Ecstatic...thank you SMYTHS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I think I'm getting the exact same as you but i think it's fine. Although I'm coming from a Pro with a jet engine. I can hear the PS5 but i don't have to turn up tv volume to hear the games like i did with the ps4 so it's good by me.

Thanks so much zero I really appreciate that. Seems about the same alright as mine and puts my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Finished Astrobot and it was amazing. I was smiling through parts of it.

I’ve told myself I’m platinuming it before moving over to Spider-Man. The built in guide for collectibles is fantastic and I didn’t need to look up a YouTube video once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

While the UI will take some getting use to (e.g. method of powering off PS5), the responsiveness, and the way the store, PS Plus and PS NOw are integrated is fantastic.

On the PS Plus Collection, tested if you add to the library on PS 5 if it's available on the PS 4 from then on. (Was speculated on earlier but didn't see confirmation)

Added Crash Bandicoot via the PS 5 and was able to download and play it on the PS 4 afterwards.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As for disc noise, yeah it kicks in now and again but not a patch on ps4, this sounds like a normal amount of noise of ps5.

Ya it’s the same kinda noise for me. I’m having to turn the TV louder that I want

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I very much appreciate that there’s just a toggle to automatically put all PS4 games on an external HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So ends Astro. Might try and platinum it. Will see what it involves.

Great short game

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Had to reinstall the system data on my ps5 twice now. I have heard of issues caused by using rest mode or downloading a game while playing another but I have not done either of these things first time it happened was after about an hour of playing Astro and the second time was while deleting corrupted demon souls data because it kept failing to install.
    Is anyone else having issues like this? It seems insane that the system software could be this unstable or have I just got a dud ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was just playing Astro for last few hours seriously fun little game! Free or not well worth a look really shows off the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Must say it's alarming how many people seem to be experiencing issues in such a small sample size here.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So ends Astro. Might try and platinum it. Will see what it involves.

Great short game
    That ending!!

bdmc5 wrote: »
    What what are peoples thoughts on the PS5 Disc version and the noise the disc makes while spinning in the PS5?I’m finding mine distractingly loud.

It’s weird my PS4 made absolutely no noise at all when a disk was spinning but the fan was crazy loud and now the PS5 the fan is really quiet but the disk winning in the PS5 is irritating.

I only really noticed it while installing demons souls to be honest and even then it sounded pretty quiet.
    In general I have to physically put my head next to the ps5 to hear any sound. Mad that people are having such differing experiences with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished Astro Bot as well. Great little game and I'll get the platinum tomorrow once I find the last few puzzle pieces.

In terms of noise, my console has only been loud for 15 seconds when I started up my disc copy of GTA and there was also one random time during astro bot when the fans went full speed for 20 seconds. I do wear headphones though so I wouldn't notice most noise.

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the orange mic light on the controller while still having the mic muted ? Sony finally removed the massive flashlight that was the Dualshock 4 light bar and then go and add another light to the controller :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So my ps5 keeps crashing at the screen on Cod when I need to accept the terms and conditions.

Can only play it offline at the moment. Tried it about 5 times. Seems to be a common issue when I searched online

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Absolutely loved Astro. So much so I got my first ever platnium trophy. The nostalgia, the haptics, the end. Everything was just so lovely.

I have a feeling though I may have to lesser the resistance on the triggers. Felt my fingers getting sore.

• Advertisement

One thing I've noticed with capturing video on the ps5: If I capture a ps5 game its full hd at 60fps. But I seem to be getting different results when I capture a ps4 game. Some look perfect like sekiro at 60fps, but a couple of other games I've tried to capture footage look lower res (tetris effect) or only 30 fps.

Strange !

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Had to reinstall the system data on my ps5 twice now. I have heard of issues caused by using rest mode or downloading a game while playing another but I have not done either of these things first time it happened was after about an hour of playing Astro and the second time was while deleting corrupted demon souls data because it kept failing to install.
    Is anyone else having issues like this? It seems insane that the system software could be this unstable or have I just got a dud ps5

Wtf am I doing wrong it’s just crashed again needing a full system reinstall I have spent more time setting up the thing then I have had actually playing it.
    (This time I think it was caused by me unplugging the usb that contained the recovery file) :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Finished Astrobot and it was amazing. I was smiling through parts of it.

I’ve told myself I’m platinuming it before moving over to Spider-Man. The built in guide for collectibles is fantastic and I didn’t need to look up a YouTube video once!

Is Game Help in Astro's Playroom? I couldn't find the option :o

EDIT: - Oh I found it. This is super useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

It was far more effort to set up than I thought it would be. No matter what I did I couldn't link it to my PS4 to transfer data neither wifi or LAN would work. The few times it did recognise the PS4 the data transfer never occurred despite the PS4 going through the transfer process and then the PS5 got stuck on the transfer screen so I had to power off to reset it

In the end I had to transfer my PS4 save game data by external HD and I installed the few games I wanted to carryover from the disc or downloaded them again. Both disc install and download are definitely faster. I was wary of using LAN and external HD due to reports of issues but I didn't experience any problems. I've shut off rest mode and few other things that are known to cause issues for now. The new power off will take a bit of getting used to.

MM took 3 goes to install off the disc. The first time it stalled out at 15 gb I found the tiniest finger print on the disc and cleaning it solved that issue but the drive must be very sensitive for it to have been an issue. Even after getting it installed it disappeared and I had to reinstall again. Seems to be holding now got a few hours in and other than the disc spinning up every now and then there's no noise from the PS5 and the load speeds are great. All good now that a few teething problems are out of the way.

Disturbed by all these reported issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Add another. Was on my way to platinum Astro. Just getting the remaining trophies when 1 notification wouldn't go away. I went on to get the next and it didn't popup. Tried holding the PS button and nothing happened. So decided to try turn it off and on. Power button just beeped and did nothing. So turned it off at the switch.
    Turn it back on and started doing what I assume was a rebuild. Go into Astro and save is gone.
    Still showing that I have the trophies.

:o jasus

Finally secured a PS5 today but wont be able to have a go for a couple of weeks.

Hope to god all this shıte is ironed out by then. Seemingly crazy level of issues.

Only thing I'll say is the supposed noise levels seems a complete non issue from videos ive seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

J Mysterio wrote: »
    :o jasus

Finally secured a PS5 today but wont be able to have a go for a couple of weeks.

Hope to god all this shıte is ironed out by then. Seemingly crazy level of issues.

Only thing I'll say is the supposed noise levels seems a complete non issue from videos ive seen.

It doesn't sound like a 1950s hair dryer so it's a massive improvement on the PS4 Pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Finished Astro and got all artefacts and puzzle pieces. Thought it might actually be my first ever platinum but looks like there’s a bunch of hidden trophies and I’m not going to go looking for them as I’m not pushed about trophies. Absolutely wonderful game though, huge smile on my face the whole way through.

I know a lot was made of the use of haptics in reviews, but honestly for me that took a back seat to just how much fun the game was and all of the nostalgia and Easter eggs to find.

The speed with which you could jump in and out of different levels instantly and use the activity cards for hints was a total game changer when hunting down the last few puzzle pieces.

After Astro I played a little bit of Miles Morales. The load times are unbelievable. Looks great in high fidelity mode too. Haven’t played much beyond the initial intro sequence though, got as far as the first time I’m in control in the open world and just looked around a little bit. Will play more at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Kremin wrote: »
    The lad in Smyth's earlier told me it was a 1 year warranty and they ask to go to Sony first for support and if they can't help come to Smyth's.. just nodded and said yep of course because I didn't want to be *that* guy at 8am

Thats BS. your contract is with Smyths not with Sony for the first 12 months.
    Retailers are responsible for the goods they are selling.

I hate when they try pull that crap.

Advertisement