Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Mine is lost somewhere. Amazon just says:

We're sorry your package is running late
    We're working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.
    Please come back Sunday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.

SUNDAY!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mine is lost somewhere. Amazon just says:

We're sorry your package is running late
    We're working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.
    Please come back Sunday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.

SUNDAY!!! :(

It's Amazon though, they will look after you. They will deal with it on Sunday and will likely just refund it though(which isn't helpful) and might still even turn up.

I've never had to deal with them with a high value item though so maybe the rules might be different and you could be asked to wait longer and be given a bribe(few quid in vouchers to wait). Dunno

Sorry to hear that though .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wondering if anyone can help.

On ps4 I use to just make a private party chat and go into it by myself if I didn't want to hear others in game chat.

Having a hard time doing the same on ps5, won't let me make a party chat unless I invite someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I wouldn't get too hung-up too much on the suspected coil-whine stories doing the rounds, I don't know whether its people expecting more of a high-pitched noise (which would be something to really worry about). Its akin to more of a barely registered hum, but it won't be picked up by everyone.
    Have heard three PS5s today, and only one could be considered noticeable with audio muted. The others do have a hum, but only detectable within a foot or so. The consoles in general are just more substantially quiet than before so you are tuned to pick up on anything, and if Sony even address the stories, I suspect they'll call it 'normal operation'.

There have been a few videos of extreme cases, so there might be definite issues with some, but its a very subjective measure IMO and its entirely possible mics are being placed almost inside the units. Overall, I'd say the Series X is the more quiet, but all things being equal I'd rate the PS5 quite good so far in its audible operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Mine is def very noticeable. Can hear it the minute I enter the room the console is in. I've been downloading stuff all day and playing games also so hoping a nights rest will do it good ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

lertsnim wrote: »
    Still full price there unfortunately.

One look on twitter and it seems a widespread problem at least. Hopefully will be resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

You getting the whine noise also?
    Sounds exactly like the one in that clip posted earlier so glad it’s not just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Batesy wrote:
    Sounds exactly like the one in that clip posted earlier so glad it’s not just me.

Cool, that was my clip. Hopefully its something that will sort itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was playing Miles Morales when the PS5 just shut down out of nowhere. When I booted it up, it was repairing the console and then said issue with external hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Loving it, copying over my ps4 pro settings and games/saves etc atm.
    Astro is great fun, love how it shows off the controller.
    What version of spider man was that i should get if i hadnt ever played it before?

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Downloaded Resident Evil in 2 minutes!!!

Whatever they did to the downloads was needed

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Downloaded stuff and then got a weird notification on my phone. PS App notified me stuff was installed and ready to use. Mad Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tried Apex Legends expecting it to be the same as PS4 but it actually runs significantly better, so smooth. Apex ran very well on PS4 but there's actually a noticeable difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

phill106 wrote: »
    Loving it, copying over my ps4 pro settings and games/saves etc atm.
    Astro is great fun, love how it shows off the controller.
    What version of spider man was that i should get if i hadnt ever played it before?

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition?

Yeah Ultimate Edition gives you the remastered version of the 2018 game with all DLC on top of Miles. It has updated graphics, textures, ray tracing all the bells and whistles. No brainer to pay the 20 extra especially if you’ve never played the 2018 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw goddammit! I don't have my Days Gone save file. It's not in my list of cloud saves and i have 300+ of them ffs. When i bought it for a 2nd time, i didn't mind buying it from US store and forfeiting the save . Got half way through that and looking forward to picking up my Irish save to go straight into a new game plus. Sickened. It's too fresh in my head to go through the first half of the game again so it's joining the backlog. Played the first few minutes and it's really smooth, nice little boost.

Was playing Miles Morales when the PS5 just shut down out of nowhere. When I booted it up, it was repairing the console and then said issue with external hard drive

Shyte man, hopefully nothing too major but sounds like they need to patch the external hdd issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

As others have said, seems that the option to upgrade PS4 discs of AC Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion can’t be upgraded at the moment. Gimme my Viking antics Ubisoft :(

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I stupidly thought Spider-man remastered would be on a disc as well, I should have known, here’s to two days of downloading :o

Demon’s souls update seems to be quite small though so I can get frustrated with that while I wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Finally got setup... Only to forget my PSN password and apparently when I try reset it my DOB isn't correct :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The loading or lack thereof in Demon's Souls is mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I stupidly thought Spider-man remastered would be on a disc as well, I should have known, here’s to two days of downloading :o

Demon’s souls update seems to be quite small though so I can get frustrated with that while I wait!

Me too. Downloaded for me in about 5 minutes though. The PS5 uses my full download speed thankfully, the days of rubbish download speeds seem to be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Played some more of astro bot. Going to have the song from the GPU level stuck in my head all night :pac:

Booted up my disc copy of GTA 5 and it took only about 10 seconds to load once past the splash screens. Of course, loading into gta online still takes about half an hour but hopefully Rockstar will work on that for the ps5 version.

Also for anyone interested in gta online with ps plus, you get 1 million in game cash every month you log in until the ps5 version launches next year. There's also a deal with Amazon prime/twitch gaming where you get a certain amount every week you login.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

AdamD wrote: »
    Tried Apex Legends expecting it to be the same as PS4 but it actually runs significantly better, so smooth. Apex ran very well on PS4 but there's actually a noticeable difference.

It's so smooth now, and the texture pop ins I used to have are completely gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

got my ps5 digital from gamestop delighted

Demon's souls is ****ing incredible! Got to Vanguard demon, clicked screenshot button for a quick snap and the menu came up. I was dead before i knew what was happening. Changed the settings straight to tap share to take pic. Felt like i was tag teamed by both demon's souls and the ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Jesus lads, playing CoD without paddles on my controller is seriously tough. I’m debating installing the PS4 version so I can use my DS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

.G. wrote: »
    Me too. Downloaded for me in about 5 minutes though. The PS5 uses my full download speed thankfully, the days of rubbish download speeds seem to be over!

I still get to enjoy such amazing download speeds as up to 4mbps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Berty wrote: »
    Downloaded stuff and then got a weird notification on my phone. PS App notified me stuff was installed and ready to use. Mad Ted

And has a play now button. Do they allow remote play on the phone?

With all the references to other games in Astro, I'm just constantly thinking "I really need to play that"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Astro’s Playroom is such a joyous celebration of gaming. So much nostalgia, so many brilliant references, and all packaged in a wonderfully playable and inventive platformer.

Miles Morales, Assassins Creed and Sackboy are finished installing but I don’t think I’ll play anything else until I’ve finished Astro. Best introduction to a new console since... probably ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Genuinely shocked at how silent the system is

Advertisement