Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Is the "noise" that big a deal ???

Really ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

COH wrote: »
    My PS5 from Harvey Norman just arrived via DPD there... totally surprised as only bought it yesterday and my order still says 'our staff are busy preparing your order' and had no word of DPD dispatch

Let the games begin :D

Hope your hassle free fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

greenspurs wrote: »
    Is the "noise" that big a deal ???

Really ?

It's way louder than my PS4(first model 500gb) so for me it's not a major big deal but the disc drive sound is noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Anyone getting the error WS-116420-4? I can’t sign into PSN.

I got it once, briefly. I'd say the servers are just being hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

bennyl10 wrote: »
    I’ve read that if you don’t press Copy, and wait the 2 minutes for disk to pick up on it it’ll fix it

Happened with AC yesterday and since I let the console identify itself it hasn’t been deleted

It’s an easy patchable fix anyway

I had the same issue yesterday. While allowing the game to copy by itself worked for me.
    I also found if you press copy and allow it to update too. Launch the game once and close it.
    Then take the disc out and the game remains installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I got it once, briefly. I'd say the servers are just being hammered.

I’ve gotten it on my PS4 when I tried to upload my cloud data. Could well be a Virgin issue. Not shocked considering they’re appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

BrentMused wrote: »
    Every video I’ve seen of the fan noise is normal, IMO.

When entering the disc the disc drive is going to need to read the data of same which causes a bit of noise, and then it stops and is virtually silent, especially when playing with standard room noise etc.

I think many were under the impression that the console would be completely silent but compared to previous consoles it essentially is.

I genuinely wouldn’t be worrying or stressing over those noises posted here and elsewhere online lads. I don’t think I’ve seen one yet where I have thought it looks anywhere near problematic.

I have noticeably coil whine in my PS5 outside of fan/disc noise. It's annoying but it's not as loud as the whine from a RTX 2060 Super I had to return. I'm sure Sony will insulate the components better in a future revision so there is less vibration from the coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Tried to copy from external USB SSD TLOU2 (installed on PS4, digital), and game is not appearing in the list to be moved, can only be deleted, some other games too, I don't fancy to re-download it all over again on my awful broadband connection, wouldn't bother if I had 200mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,883 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Tried to copy from external USB SSD TLOU2 (installed on PS4, digital), and game is not appearing in the list to be moved, can only be deleted, some other games too, I don't fancy to re-download it all over again on my awful broadband connection, wouldn't bother if I had 200mbps.

The copy on the external drive may need to be patched.....I noticed when I hooked up the drive to copy Ghosts of T, that it wasn't in the list of games available, as I had paused all the downloads it tried to kick off when it detected the external.
    Let it update the game, then was able to move it fine.

Then get that external disconnected ! FWIW, I didn't try to do anything else while having the external hooked up. Update, move, disconnected etc

Edit - now that I think about it, Days Gone was the same, though that needed the 30GB update.

McDermotX wrote: »
    The copy on the external drive may need to be patched.....I noticed when I hooked up the drive to copy Ghosts of T, that it wasn't in the list of games available, as I had paused all the downloads it tried to kick off when it detected the external.
    Let it update the game, then was able to copy it fine.

Then get that external disconnected ! FWIW, I didn't try to do anything else while having the external hooked up. Update, move, disconnected etc

Quite opposite, Ghosts was available to move for me, so it quite random. Would try to hook it in with USB-C instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got home with mine half an hour ago, set it up, was going through the PS+ Collection adding the games to the library, started to freeze and got a corrupt database error. Let it fix itself and grand now. Valhalla installing, headset charging, gonna play Astro first though.

I am excite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

second one (for my cousin) arrived from Amazon this morning,

made sure to check it beofre the driver left after all the stuff on twitter,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,883 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Quite opposite, Ghosts was available to move for me, so it quite random. Would try to hook it in with USB-C instead.

Aye. But I'd still check to see if there's a LOU2 update pending just in case.....or even force an update check. Definitely saw LOU2 available to move for myself last night FWIW.

Couple of months more OS dev time wouldn't have hurt the system TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

Bit of advice if possible please.

I'm just setting up game share with a pal at the minute and wanted to check if it is possible for me to daisy chain with a US account also? I'd imagine it's one or the other. I'm new to the whole PS eco system! About to purchase my PSN Plus so wanted to make sure I'm doing it the best way first.

Thanks!

McDermotX wrote: »
    Let it update the game, then was able to move it fine.

Edit - now that I think about it, Days Gone was the same, though that needed the 30GB update.

Just came by and started it up, apparently all the games now available to move, I think it was doing some sort of indexing or something. Just leave it be for a good few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Got the platinum in Astro, my first ever.

Now to decide whether to buy Demon's souls or Spiderman ultimate edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just sitting in work, day dreaming about getting home to get on the PS5 :) New console launches are fun

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

How long did the plat take ? Feel like I have to make it my first on ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

You’ll get another platinum in Spider-Man handy enough

Demon’s Souls..... F that, your sanity isn’t worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished the Memory area in Astro, and while it is amazing, the blowing into the controller nearly killed me. I'm a smoking asthmatic so found those difficult. But learned simply roaring at the controller also works!

Giving it a break, trying out Valhalla. Loads a lot quicker than the PS4 version.

• Advertisement

Kremin wrote: »
    How long did the plat take ? Feel like I have to make it my first on ps5

I have 5 hours played so not long at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Arrived earlier so just setting it up now. Missus has her hairdresser coming to the house this evening so will get a couple of hours in when I get the nippers to bed. Just on the aesthetics. O hate the look of it but if that's my only gripe then happy days.

Arrived earlier so just setting it up now. Missus has her hairdresser coming to the house this evening so will get a couple of hours in when I get the nippers to bed. Just on the aesthetics. O hate the look of it but if that's my only gripe then happy days.

REPORTED to the authorities. :pac:

You’ll get another platinum in Spider-Man handy enough

Demon’s Souls..... F that, your sanity isn’t worth it

I definitely wouldn't be trying for the plat on DS, feck that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Giving it a break, trying out Valhalla. Loads a lot quicker than the PS4 version.

Anyone played GTA V yet? That took forever to load on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Berty wrote:
    It's way louder than my PS4(first model 500gb) so for me it's not a major big deal but the disc drive sound is noticeable.

Same for me. Its been there since I booted it up. Its not fan noise id say its a coil whine. Started using a headset so i don't really notice it unless I take that off. My brother in law is here now and it doesn't bother him or he doesn't notice it as much as me. Say I'm just sensitive to it now and will learn to ignore it hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,932 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finished the Memory area in Astro, and while it is amazing, the blowing into the controller nearly killed me. I'm a smoking asthmatic so found those difficult. But learned simply roaring at the controller also works!

Someone posted yesterday saying if you put your thumb over the mic it thinks you're blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I have 5 hours played so not long at all.

5 hours is a pretty decent time for a plat, hopefully I can finish that off today! Already got.most of the puzzle pieces and artifacts so id say I'll just need to look into the last trophies and give them a cleanup

Kremin wrote: »
    5 hours is a pretty decent time for a plat, hopefully I can finish that off today! Already got.most of the puzzle pieces and artifacts so id say I'll just need to look into the last trophies and give them a cleanup

I ended up using a guide for a few of the hidden trophies, some of them would take a lot longer without it I'd say.

• Advertisement

Anyone played GTA V yet? That took forever to load on PS4

Yes, got to about 20% percent on story and it loaded into the game, otherwise no difference at all. RDR2 loaded fast, no visible difference coming from a 720p PS4, neither upscaled much but certainly fast loadin

Still on GTAV got awarded me $1m immediately with online and was able to afford an in game bicycle with it. Pay to play sh*t wrecks the online experience.

Advertisement