Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Genuinely shocked at how silent the system is

You disc or digital

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Shyte man, hopefully nothing too major but sounds like they need to patch the external hdd issues.

Got it back up and running but after happening again, might leave the stuff on external for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone else’s PS5 randomly rebooting itself? At least I think it’s rebooting... just black screens and then comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone else’s PS5 randomly rebooting itself? At least I think it’s rebooting... just black screens and then comes back.

There’s a setting you can adjust if you experience that that type of thing. Set to -1 or -2 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hardly a dodgy HDMI?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anybody got access to their PS4 cloud saves on their PS5?

Nothing there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Myself and my housemate both got ours today .

He was playing miles Morales with external HD and it did that database rebuild thing and then after that wouldn't come on , scary times

Managed to get it back on by power draining it , lucky enough we both work in IT and knew that might do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hardly a dodgy HDMI?

Seems to be going grand now just after posting that. HDMI will be my first port of call if it does happen again tho.

Bit of a loud fan atm but I presume that’s just from copying across files from a PS4 disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

F1ngers wrote: »

Nothing there for me.

Yep was able to access mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭McFly85

Nothing there for me.

Yeah, weren’t there by default, but when I went into settings there was an option to download PS4 cloud saves. Lists them all and lets you choose which ones to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nothing there for me.

I thought that at first as well, then saw there were separate options for PS4 and PS5 cloud saves and I was on PS5 saves so was showing as 0MB used

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

You disc or digital

Disc. Not a tap out of the fan.

McFly85 wrote: »
    Yeah, weren’t there by default, but when I went into settings there was an option to download PS4 cloud saves. Lists them all and lets you choose which ones to download.

Tried that already, but when I select download to console storage, I get a "something went wrong" error.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tried that already, but when I select download to console storage, I get a "something went wrong" error.

Had that I restarted and it was back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When i first went into it, it froze downloading the saves. Cancelled and tried again and worked, 300+ saves except the one i ****ing wanted.

Can you uploaded a ps5 save and try download it force it into working?

Varik wrote: »
    Had that I restarted and it was back.

Tried that and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Powered off the console for the night. I must have been on since about 3/4 this evening :o

Apart from the initial slowness that I mentioned earlier, which resolved itself after Miles Morales finished installing, I haven't really had any issues.

Played a bit of MM in Fidelity mode and then in Performance mode and wow, game is gorgeous and runs like a dream in Performance mode. I'm well out of practice with my webslinging though :pac:

Played through most of Astro's Playroom too. Great love letter to Playstation history, and shows off some really cool uses of the Dualsense.

Successful launch day for me!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    300+ saves except the one i ****ing wanted.

I just want 1 save, Middle Earth, have to plat. it before 31/12. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭thegame983

Question to anyone with the pulse headset

Seeing as there is only 1 usb on front of machine how is one supposed to use the dongle and the charging cable at the same time (to say, charge a controller)

Does the dongle use the usb c port?

Are we expected to use the rear of the machine?

Picked up the console today and thought it was strange

thegame983 wrote: »

Seeing as there is only 1 usb on front of machine how is one supposed to use the dongle and the charging cable at the same time (to say, charge a controller)

I use the USB on front of console for pulse headset.
    I charge my controller/headset from my pc beside me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I’ve the dongle in the front to maximize coverage and the charging cable and external SSD in the rear. Not sure what I’ll use the usb-c for to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

thegame983 wrote: »

Could you get a USB C adapter/duplicator thingy that would plug into the one USB C on one end and then two USB C ports on the other side?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

Two things

I wish there is a way to change the running light colour from white to blue??

Transitioning from xbox over the last three consoles, placement of the "x" button is driving me crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I’ve had so many error messages already :eek: First of all neither demon’s souls or MM wanted to copy from disc so I restarted the ps5 and was able to install MM but no luck with DS yet. Can’t see anything wrong with the disc but gave it a clean anyway. Then tried to update MM got another error message, no can do.

Got another error message when trying to download Astro’s playroom but eventually managed to get the download starting. Tried DS again but got a different error message this time, refuses to copy from disc, I’ll probably come back to it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Losing count of the amount of delightful flourishes in Astro’s Playroom, and have only played through two levels (need to ration the good ****!). The little Spyro in Labo is a particular delight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think this might have been mentioned when the new phone app came out, but now the PS5 is out some of the features have a point.

I'd a game downloading and got a notification on the phone when the PS5 had finished downloading a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ha ha, went wild downloading games that I only partially played on the PS4 (like Prey. Stopped playing that because of the nausea caused by the frame rate).
    I now have 41GB space left on my 1 day old console!

Loving it though. It's whisper quiet, even after an hour and a bit of Demon's Souls.

Varik wrote: »
    I think this might have been mentioned when the new phone app came out, but now the PS5 is out some of the features have a point.

I'd a game downloading and got a notification on the phone when the PS5 had finished downloading a game.

If you click play now(I think that's what it says), it will start that game on your PS5 for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wee tip I found for Astro. If you don't like blowing into the mic, placing your thumb on it had the same effect. Or is this one of those things everyone knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

If you click play now(I think that's what it says), it will start that game on your PS5 for you.

Savage feature!! :D:D:D

Advertisement