Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Handy tip (already in a few videos) is that you can set your preference for inverting Y from the console itself. Couldn't find any options for Astro and was really annoying until I found that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah the santy people should be aware that as soon as the console goes online it wants to do an (at the moment) 900 meg update. Probably worth getting it out of the box if possible close to Christmas just so the morning is straight in to the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

fixXxer wrote: »
    Yeah the santy people should be aware that as soon as the console goes online it wants to do an (at the moment) 900 meg update. Probably worth getting it out of the box if possible close to Christmas just so the morning is straight in to the fun.

The servers seemed to have coped well on the initial launch last week and also yesterday so I'd say Christmas will be fine.
    We're a long way from the old shoddy PSN server days.

I managed to nearly fill my PS5 Digital Edition last night. Only 41 GB space left.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Personally I think if worried and updating the console before Christmas, I would say wait. At least until just before at which point you'll get the latest update. No point updating now when they're likely putting it multiple updates to address launch bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I also don't see Uncharted 4 in the PS Plus collection? think someone mentioned it earlier. My disc version arrived from Argos. So far so good. Also enjoying the quiet compared to my ps4 pro. Got the first boss down in demon souls last night. Not played demon souls before but have enjoyed bloodborne and DS3.

Also enjoying the download speeds I've a wifi 6 mesh and was happy to see it using the full connection when downloading yesterday.

things i'm not impressed with so far Xcom2 still takes forewver to load. Was hoping for something quicker on the SSD.

Need to get used to the new UI/navigation. Why can't I just long press the home button to access rest mode like on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Woden wrote: »
    Why can't I just long press the home button to access rest mode like on ps4?

Short press it and the power options appears in the bar on the bottom of the screen

Ignore me I'm blind. Found uncharted in the list

Short press it and the power options appears in the bar on the bottom of the screen

Yeah but that seems like going backwards to me from PS4 method

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

is a standard 4k tv ok for this ps5, or is there a particular brand?

i have a fairly old 4k tv

LG i think it is , would have been one of the first ones out

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

akelly02 wrote: »

It'll be fine, the only thing is it probably won't do 120fps - which will only be for a few games, but 60fps is the sweetspot anyway unless you're really into competitive shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

akelly02 wrote: »

LG's OLED are the creme de la creme, specifically the CX line.

Samsungs Q line are also pretty great for it, and are a bit cheaper than the LG

Then Sony's own KD-XH90 models are pretty decent too, but they have a glitch that makes the output a little blurry if you're using 4K and 120FPS, which a lot of games don't have right now and Sony are working on a fix for them.

But despite all that, you should be fine with a standard 4K TV if you're not into all the bells and whistles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Haven't bought a 4k tv yet, will get one before Christmas, still looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭McFly85

That’s my only issue right now. How do I convince the other half a day after getting a PS5 that a 4K tv that supports HDMI 2.1 is a necessary investment??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

McFly85 wrote: »
    That’s my only issue right now. How do I convince the other half a day after getting a PS5 that a 4K tv that supports HDMI 2.1 is a necessary investment??:D

I'll still be using my good old 42" Philips PFL8404H :pac:

QRcvbUy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭quokula

Berty wrote: »
    For Valhalla and it's kind of a spoiler but only 1% into the game but I'll cover it over anyway
    Did they hire the people from the Witcher to make convoluted games within the game itself, you think that Witcher card game was bad, wait until you see the stupid dice game thing in Valhalla, the drinking game seems okay, I;'ll get used to it and don't get me started on the word play game. It;s basically like the thing from Monkey Island games as a Pirate.

I’ve read elsewhere that that is actually historically accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Every video I’ve seen of the fan noise is normal, IMO.

When entering the disc the disc drive is going to need to read the data of same which causes a bit of noise, and then it stops and is virtually silent, especially when playing with standard room noise etc.

I think many were under the impression that the console would be completely silent but compared to previous consoles it essentially is.

I genuinely wouldn’t be worrying or stressing over those noises posted here and elsewhere online lads. I don’t think I’ve seen one yet where I have thought it looks anywhere near problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

McFly85 wrote: »

I'm kinda the same, I bought an LG CX about a month ago. Had absolutely no intention of getting a PS5. Once I had the new telly I needed something that could actually push the new telly to its potential :D

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

BrentMused wrote: »
    Every video I’ve seen of the fan noise is normal, IMO.

When entering the disc the disc drive is going to need to read the data of same which causes a bit of noise, and then it stops and is virtually silent, especially when playing with standard room noise etc.

I think many were under the impression that the console would be completely silent but compared to previous consoles it essentially is.

I genuinely wouldn’t be worrying or stressing over those noises posted here and elsewhere online lads. I don’t think I’ve seen one yet where I have thought it looks anywhere near problematic.

Yeah moving parts will always cause noise.. I've found it very easy to tune out the sound completely especially with all the sound effects from the controller and monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Kremin wrote: »
    Yeah moving parts will always cause noise.. I've found it very easy to tune out the sound completely especially with all the sound effects from the controller and monitor

My PC is the loudest "system" I own. Playing intensive games really does bring out the loudness of it.

I wonder how the PS5 will fare after a few months of use. It might be quiet now, but so was my PS4, and the Pro, I say give it a few months and that thing'll start picking up volume

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have the installing problem from disc and NOTING will work to fix it.....****in raging I am. More so for the little fella wanting to play Spiderman, and if I take the disc out and stick in any other game I have to go and DL the whole game and updates AGAIN and then COPY them AGAIN.

WT actual ****!

So basically a next gen console that takes 50 mins to play a game every time you want to!!!

Worst thing about it is your stuck with the faulty console as there are no replacements ANYWHERE, obviously its a limited amount of faulty consoles otherwise everyone would be experiencing the problem.

Really annoyed and ruined the day one launch for me TBH along with Valhalla being average at best and GODFALL being a beautiful looking terrible game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

For Valhalla and it's kind of a spoiler but only 1% into the game but I'll cover it over anyway
    Did they hire the people from the Witcher to make convoluted games within the game itself, you think that Witcher card game was bad, wait until you see the stupid dice game thing in Valhalla, the drinking game seems okay, I;'ll get used to it and don't get me started on the word play game. It;s basically like the thing from Monkey Island games as a Pirate.

I was just about to say the same thing! It's no Gwent. I can't get my head around it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have the installing problem from disc and NOTING will work to fix it.....****in raging I am. More so for the little fella wanting to play Spiderman, and if I take the disc out and stick in any other game I have to go and DL the whole game and updates AGAIN and then COPY them AGAIN.

WT actual ****!

So basically a next gen console that takes 50 mins to play a game every time you want to!!!

Worst thing about it is your stuck with the faulty console as there are no replacements ANYWHERE, obviously its a limited amount of faulty consoles otherwise everyone would be experiencing the problem.

Really annoyed and ruined the day one launch for me TBH along with Valhalla being average at best and GODFALL being a beautiful looking terrible game.

I’ve read that if you don’t press Copy, and wait the 2 minutes for disk to pick up on it it’ll fix it

Happened with AC yesterday and since I let the console identify itself it hasn’t been deleted

It’s an easy patchable fix anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    I’ve read that if you don’t press Copy, and wait the 2 minutes for disk to pick up on it it’ll fix it

Happened with AC yesterday and since I let the console identify itself it hasn’t been deleted

It’s an easy patchable fix anyway

Tried that fella...no dice.

And it might be easy to fix but it should not be happening and if they dont get around to fixing it like in the next day or so its bad form TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Question then about powering on/off.

I had it set up with HDMI control and yes it would power on the TV as well when I pressed the PS button but when I turn on the TV for anything else(Firestick example) it powers on as well. I turned off HDMI control so now the TV doesn't come on or go off which is one step forward. I do want the TV to come on with the PS5 but I don't want the TV controlling the PS5 either.

Much like how the PS4 worked.

Any help appreciated as you know pressing the power on the TV remote as well as the PS button seems like a like of steps. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

No dualsense functionality on PS5 version of Valhalla, very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Question then about powering on/off.

I had it set up with HDMI control and yes it would power on the TV as well when I pressed the PS button but when I turn on the TV for anything else(Firestick example) it powers on as well. I turned off HDMI control so now the TV doesn't come on or go off which is one step forward. I do want the TV to come on with the PS5 but I don't want the TV controlling the PS5 either.

Much like how the PS4 worked.

Any help appreciated as you know pressing the power on the TV remote as well as the PS button seems like a like of steps. :D

Umm, mine is behaving itself in that regard. I must check the HDMI-CEC settings when I get back to it later tonight but I assume it's the same as the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ordered another game off smyths yesterday , non tracked. Around 1pm or so and arrived today. Great auld service.

Now to install watch dogs. College assignments in serious trouble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

It'll be fine, the only thing is it probably won't do 120fps - which will only be for a few games, but 60fps is the sweetspot anyway unless you're really into competitive shooters.

thanks lad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭COH

My PS5 from Harvey Norman just arrived via DPD there... totally surprised as only bought it yesterday and my order still says 'our staff are busy preparing your order' and had no word of DPD dispatch

Let the games begin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Anyone getting the error WS-116420-4? I can’t sign into PSN.

Advertisement