Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Paul MCM wrote:
    Exact same as me to be honest, when I’m playing the game I hear nothing but if I mute it i can hear a slight hum. I’m going to just turn the tv volume up and forget about it. Otherwise I’ll drive myself mad and convince myself it’s broken

Cool feel better now it's not just me. It sounds like the fan spinning so I'm sure its nothing to worry about. Helps I bought the headset ha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Downloading demon's souls, nba 2k21 patch (30 fecking gb) and days gone. Lobbed it into rest mode cuz danger is my middle name and will lash into demon's souls tonight.

I'm only getting 30mbs instead of 50 from my isp today so it's slowing downloads, will have to ring them in morning if it's the same.

Just got a nice ping from ps app 'demon's is ready to play'. Cool little feature.

Also, astro, beaming finding the little references. Jumped on the boat with Kratos and Atreus on the beach and made it through the wind turbine that i can only imagine it's the fan from the ps4 pro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It’s easy to miss. The cardboard piece on top... one of the cubic parts of that can open and it’s in there.

I'll check again, thank you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I have the digital console. So far, getting the slightest hum but it's very slight and to be fair, I was running Astro and downloading some of my back catalogue as well.

Cool feel better now it's not just me. It sounds like the fan spinning so I'm sure its nothing to worry about. Helps I bought the headset ha

I'll take a video of mine tonight playing astro if you want to compare it yours, see if it sounds similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also, astro, beaming finding the little references. Jumped on the boat with Kratos and Atreus on the beach and made it through the wind turbine that i can only imagine it's the fan from the ps4 pro :)

That's been my favourite part too. Saw a Sly Cooper bot breaking into a safe. I'll be disappointed if I don't see a giant enemy crab by the end of the game :pac:

Played a bit of the spider man remaster. Still on the first mission because I spent about half an hour flipping between the fidelity and performance modes. The lighting does make a big difference to how it looks although there's a significant chance I'm imagining the changes.

I also struggle to tell the difference between the 30 and 60 frames per second so I might just be blind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Easter eggs in Astros are brilliant. I live that all the artifacts are kept in a central area where you can go look at them too.

Miles Morales - wow. It looks incredible. The Remaster also, looks like a different game with the Ray tracing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just having a look through my library. 2 things showing as not payable on PS5 are PT, which I never had, and FFVIIR demo.
    Uncharted 4 has a lock for some reason. Maybe because I added it from the Collection as well, which includes extra stuff.

I'm assuming when they say available to January, they mean to add and not to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Evilbart

I think people might be overreacting to the slight hum.All reviewers said they can hear it when up close but ambient room noise and game sounds make it seem silent.

Either way it’s a giant leap from the jet engine sound of the PS4 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It’s definitely louder than I’d expected and hoped. I’ve mine up against a wall so thinking the sound is just bouncing off it too. Sounds more like the fan spinning than any coil noise to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Is this hum coil whine, or the disc drive? Haven't set mine up yet to hear for myself.

Batesy wrote:
    It’s definitely louder than I’d expected and hoped. I’ve mine up against a wall so thinking the sound is just bouncing off it too. Sounds more like the fan spinning than any coil noise to me.

Thats what I have as well sounds like a fan noise with a bit clicking (might be an exaggeration).

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I'll take a video of mine tonight playing astro if you want to compare it yours, see if it sounds similar.

Thank you Zero

This is the noise I'm getting when running a game. Is yer noise similar?

https://twitter.com/DarkMarkGaming/status/1329493630541770754?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,816 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is the noise I'm getting when running a game. Is yer noise similar?

https://twitter.com/DarkMarkGaming/status/1329493630541770754?s=19

It sounds like coil whine but it's not very clear on the clip.

I'd an old GPU that had it and it used to drive me mad but I was sitting right beside the PC.

I’m only playing digital games too at the minute with nothing in the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Apologies for the repeat question but it's gotten lost in the madness on the last thread..

Those that ordered pulse headset from curry's the other day have ye recieved any update? I've no order on my account to check the status of! I've emailed them but as expected zero reply

Nothing, three emails, two tweets and four unanswered phone calls! But they took the fkn money

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I couldn't resist setting mine up, was going to wait another week for more critical updates to arrive. PS5 seems great so far, I disabled rest mode immediately and updated everything. Copied Ghost of Tsushima over and the disc drive hums fairly loudly when copying data but quietens down when finished copying data. Playing Astro right now and loving it and the new controller. Touch wood everything continues to work fine and there will be no crashes, database rebuilds or audible coil whine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Downloading demon's souls, nba 2k21 patch (30 fecking gb) and days gone. Lobbed it into rest mode cuz danger is my middle name and will lash into demon's souls tonight.

I'm only getting 30mbs instead of 50 from my isp today so it's slowing downloads, will have to ring them in morning if it's the same.

Just got a nice ping from ps app 'demon's is ready to play'. Cool little feature.

Was just about to post the same thing. I thought it was some kind of added audio effect to mimic the winds of helheim, but having played it on the ps5, this is not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Gonzo wrote: »
    I couldn't resist setting mine up, was going to wait another week for more critical updates to arrive. PS5 seems great so far, I disabled rest mode immediately and updated everything. Copied Ghost of Tsushima over and the disc drive hums fairly loudly when copying data but quietens down when finished copying data. Playing Astro right now and loving it and the new controller. Touch wood everything continues to work fine and there will be no crashes, database rebuilds or audible coil whine.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Guaranteed you crack before midnight

Called it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

For anyone who received it by DPD and Smyths, is it in a box/packaging or does it just come in the PS box? Standing at the door since 5pm in case my son see's it delivered!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Bitter sweet feeling after coming in from the gym .

The mrs was acting weird being all giddy.

Finally got it out of her , she has a ps5 secured.!!

From a bhastard of a place called stock x or something.

After paying €700 fecking euro for one :(

I want to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

akelly02 wrote: »
    Bitter sweet feeling after coming in from the gym .

The mrs was acting weird being all giddy.

Finally got it out of her , she has a ps5 secured.!!

From a bhastard of a place called stock x or something.

After paying €700 fecking euro for one :(

I want to cry.

Gyms still open?

Seems like a lot, when will it be delivered? Disc version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Just stopping by to say Astro is genius. So many great reminders of PlayStation history and such a good game. Never played the VR one.

Carry on :D

.G. wrote: »
    Just stopping by to say Astro is genius. So many great reminders of PlayStation history and such a good game. Never played the VR one.

Carry on :D

I played the vr one in the summer, the greatest gaming experience since i first played Mario on the nes, took me back to the child like amaze balls feeling that you just don't get these days as our expectations are so high.

Everyone needs to experience Astro in VR.

gaz wac wrote: »
    For anyone who received it by DPD and Smyths, is it in a box/packaging or does it just come in the PS box? Standing at the door since 5pm in case my son see's it delivered!! Thanks

It’s in a plain brown box with some of those air pillows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

madmoe wrote: »
    Gyms still open?

Seems like a lot, when will it be delivered? Disc version?

My garage. Sorry . Wouldn't call it a gym!!

Dont know any details, gonna grill her now when she gets out of the shower

I'm so happy but so angry

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For Astro I've only played
    CPU plaza so far. Enjoyed going around and getting all the jigsaw pieces. Just starting Cooling Springs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

My god, what a console. The UI, Astro’s Playroom. I cannot wait to hunker down for the winter and play some really good games.

I would say its been at least 3-5 years since I have completed a single player game, never played either of TLOU, days gone, uncharted etc. I cant wait!

CoD downloading, just beware it was downloading both PS4 and PS5 for me for some reason, so just watch out for that if yous are downloading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I booted up Astro and I actually got a freight when I pressed X and the vibration was so intense!

Took a while to get used to how crazy detailed it is but it’s fantastic

Advertisement