Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sackboy freezes at the menu for me now :/

Not going well for me at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Tom1991 wrote: »
    First crash there playing Spider-Man remaster after 3 hours system is cool and no strange noises so hoping it’s only a bug a patch can fix

Teraflops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Evilbart wrote: »
    These sound perfectly normal to me.

In the teardown videos it has a massive fan to dissipate heat that pushes air through the system.

I am sure if everybody held their phone inches from the ps5 and recorded it they would all sound the same.

But with ambient room noise and gameplay music it’s not noticeable at all.

I don’t think any of you need to worry.

Yeah maybe they sound different in person and listening to a recording distorts it but they sound completely normal to me?

I'm so glad I haven't personally experienced any crashing yet but Ive still to fully dive into MM so problems could await me yet.

Plat'd Astros too! So fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Unearthly wrote: »
    Sackboy freezes at the menu for me now :/

Not going well for me at all

Got it back by pressing the playstation button and going back to a previous level

Never thought I'd be dying for a system software update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Does the standard ps4 single earphone and mic work with the ps5?

Gonna play COD later but can't be arsed with the controller or TV speaker carrying the sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Interested in knowing how new PlayStation controller compares to Switch pro controller, re motion controls and fine grain rumble. Similar? What else does it do that other controllers generally don't ??

That Astro bot game looks like a brilliant Mario clone ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Does the standard ps4 single earphone and mic work with the ps5?

Gonna play COD later but can't be arsed with the controller or TV speaker carrying the sound

It will work yep. Interesting when I was playing overwatch, the team chat came through the controller instead of the TV. A small but welcome change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Hi all, just got my Amazon delivery now and am in the process of setting up. The 'Data transfer from ps4' will that transfer all games I had downloaded? Or is that only saved data etc.? It's 249 GB so surely it's games? Also will they be the PS4 versions? Namely for NBA and Cold war that have ps5 versions. Would I just be better off downloading all games from the ps5 store again or?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Myself and my housemate both got ours today .

He was playing miles Morales with external HD and it did that database rebuild thing and then after that wouldn't come on , scary times

Managed to get it back on by power draining it , lucky enough we both work in IT and knew that might do the trick

Does this only happen when running games off the external drive?... I transfered 2 games from external to system then plugged out my external and have no issues ...........yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

2 incidents today.
    One happened when I booted up Sekiro, the console turned off and when I booted it up it had to do that system storage repair thing.

Now I just tried to play astro bot but I got an error saying its corrupted and that I'd have to delete it and download again.

Really hope Sony sorts this out soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

double GG wrote: »
    Hi all, just got my Amazon delivery now and am in the process of setting up. The 'Data transfer from ps4' will that transfer all games I had downloaded? Or is that only saved data etc.? It's 249 GB so surely it's games? Also will they be the PS4 versions? Namely for NBA and Cold war that have ps5 versions. Would I just be better off downloading all games from the ps5 store again or?

You get to choose when doing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The last stage of Astrobot really is a treat.

Was wondering if that’s where they’d go when they teased the
    Demo 1
    screen, and they went there... with the correct aspect ratio and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Swinging a lot on Miles Morales and my R2 is already starting to stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,885 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

First issue of note.......CE-108262-9 dashboard crash.
    No external HDD connected, no game running, did see a COD patch downloading in the background, but no restart required or anything. Just a UI issue it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So in Demon Souls I had 4000+ souls and had just killed a demon. Moved to next stage and died, lost the 4000+. Went back to get them died along the way with 0 current souls.

I respawn and now can't find the 4000+ where I had originally died with them... Are they gone?

I can't get back to human form again until I kill another demon???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Had a crash playing astro within the first minute or so, had to force reset the console. This was was the first thing I had tried after turning it on, so the console had only been alive for about 20 mins.

Since then though, playing fine and the kids putting it through it's paces for the last 4 hours with no problems.

Looking forward to getting a go myself as I didn't get past the lobby of astro before the kids muscled in :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So in Demon Souls I had 4000+ souls and had just killed a demon. Moved to next stage and died, lost the 4000+. Went back to get them died along the way with 0 current souls.

I respawn and now can't find the 4000+ where I had originally died with them... Are they gone?

I can't get back to human form again until I kill another demon???

Welcome to Demon’s Souls :) You have one go to get your Souls back, they’re gone if you don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Played astro for a few mins lovely game. Put on fortnite as my 2 smaller ones have it on the switch I played a lot on PS4. Massive difference on loading times saving so muvmch time there, graphics big improvement and the sound also. Only one thing when I click to change gun say l1 and r1 there is a clicking sound, not there all the time when I do it so not sure in the game or something there, anyone come across that by any chance? Ps5 quiet enough. Having saved games on USB so I will try that out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

DeWitt wrote: »
    Swinging a lot on Miles Morales and my R2 is already starting to stick.

That’s actually a part of the adaptive trigger for Miles Morales and Spider-Man remastered when swinging. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea for them to get tense just before the button is completely pressed. Turned off the adaptive trigger in the options and it’s made the game much better personally :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,937 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That’s actually a part of the adaptive trigger for Miles Morales and Spider-Man remastered. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea for them to get tense just before the button is completely pressed. Turned off the adaptive trigger in the options and it’s made the game much better personally :)

I think he means his triggers aren't coming out properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Welcome to Demon’s Souls :) You have one go to get your Souls back, they’re gone if you don’t.

Oh great. Wasn't sure if that was the case.

Am enjoying it but it is tough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not straightforward to get the free upgrades for the PS5 games.

I went onto the store on the console hit PS5, saw all the PS5 games and hit download for the 2 I already owned but it still downloaded the PS4 versions. Says PS4 beside their game titles on the main menu. I'd to got onto the web store to find the upgrade and add that and then I could download the actual PS4 version.

The update did get applied to the PS4 version or it replaced it outright (don't know original size of game), so at least you've not got 2 copies on menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Oh great. Wasn't sure if that was the case.

Am enjoying it but it is tough

Yeah it’s very tough.

Just beat the second boss and loving it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    Not straightforward to get the free upgrades for the PS5 games.

I went onto the store on the console hit PS5, saw all the PS5 games and hit download for the 2 I already owned but it still downloaded the PS4 versions. Says PS4 beside their game titles on the main menu. I'd to got onto the web store to find the upgrade and add that and then I could download the actual PS4 version.

The update did get applied to the PS4 version or it replaced it outright (don't know original size of game), so at least you've not got 2 copies on menu.

Yeah I am noticing this also, so are the ps4 versions actually ps5 versions? Is there 2 different sets of trophies supposed to be for each?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My friend asked if an upgrade game has a new set of trophies? As in WD Legion on PS4, unlock some trophies, upgrade to to ps5 version, same trophies unlocked?

Sorry never saw the post above asking about trophies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think he means his triggers aren't coming out properly.

Ah sorry! Jeez that’s so quick! :(

I remember that happening with a PS4 controller and it’s bleeding annoying! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looking at my trophy list, Cold War has both a PS4 and PS5 list.

As for downloading PS5 versions of the game(talking digital, don't know about physical), there are 3 dots beside the game title in the store, there is a PS4 and a PS5 version available for games that have it, Cold War has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    My friend asked if an upgrade game has a new set of trophies? As in WD Legion on PS4, unlock some trophies, upgrade to to ps5 version, same trophies unlocked?

Sorry never saw the post above asking about trophies :)

PS5 free upgrade games with separate trophy list
    Assassin‘s Creed Valhalla
    Astro‘s Playroom
    Borderlands 3
    Bugsnax
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
    Demon‘s Soul
    Dirt 5
    Fortnite
    Godfall
    Marvel‘s Spider-Man Miles Morales
    NBA 2K21