Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

Phil Yates again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Judd bit pissd apparently at not being on the match table. As no.1 and top seed, i think he has a point though ronnie v kyren was the obvious choice for tv. Gould not potted a ball first 3 frames i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Wow what a mess by Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭waynescales1

13 in front, 13 left on table, Kyren Wilson with one of the most egregious in offs I’ve ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,361 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ronnie times the ad breaks and has it on an alarm timer. I found that gas.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Far too many misses among the balls from Wilson.

O’Sullivan v Trump semi final.

Struggling to think of the last time i saw a top pro with as bad cueball control as kyren tonight, it was shocking. Ended up ronnie just put him out of his misery, no great shakes himself it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Ronnie stumbling his way into the semi finals, I mean Wilson has to be bitterly disappointed with that performance, Ronnie was there for the taking really he had so much help from Wilson to get into the semis.

Going on form you'd have to expect Ronnies luck to run out tomorrow, can't play like he has and beat Trump IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ronnie hasn't a sniff against Trump or Selby the way he's playing. Proves his point about the rest of the tour when he's consistently going deep playing absolute rubbish.

Does anyone know who did the lighting and set in Milton Keynes? It is fantastic what they have done for each tournament. Should get some kind of award imo!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know who did the lighting and set in Milton Keynes? It is fantastic what they have done for each tournament. Should get some kind of award imo!

Not sure but itv do a great job with their camerawork, really appreciate the wide angle shots you get of the venue beyond the table itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Yes, it's professionally presented which is great to see for the image of the game when people dip in and out of the coverage.

The UK set in particular was very well dressed and presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Flashscore has Ronnie v Judd listed at 6PM. Can anyone confirm that? Seems a bit early

eric hoone wrote: »
    Flashscore has Ronnie v Judd listed at 6PM. Can anyone confirm that? Seems a bit early

Think basically it starts as soon as the selby match finishes. Doubt very much there is any chance of the selby match finishing before 6, unless it was very one sided. Looking more at a 7pm start and possibly later imo.

Wonderful frame from Hossein Vafaei there, completely dominating selby in the safety battles. Still losing the war but that will do his confidence a world of good. Apparently lisowski potted two reds in a row on other table?!

Ha ha - Selby 'jestering' around; asks the ref what the high break prize was - as if he didn't know - when he was on a potential 144; and then misses a cuttable red to middle bag :pac:

Ha ha - Selby 'jestering' around; asks the ref what the high break prize was - as if he didn't know - when he was on a potential 144; and then misses a cuttable red to middle bag :pac:

Definitely asked the ref something - might have been what the high break currently was... Still, he missed, and that's the main thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Apparently lisowski potted two reds in a row on other table?!

Yup weird

https://twitter.com/hammetallica/status/1339975605262176265?s=09

Don't think i've ever seen it before. Obviously there's a pause after he pots the red as he asks for white to be cleaned, just a total brain fade is all.

Don't think i've ever seen it before. Obviously there's a pause after he pots the red as he asks for white to be cleaned, just a total brain fade is all.

I like that the referee’s head is in shot as Lisowski lines up the second red though. The look on his face “is he about to do this?”

• Advertisement

I like that the referee’s head is in shot as Lisowski lines up the second red though. The look on his face “is he about to do this?”

Guess jack can laugh about it now he's through but there's enough can go wrong in a match without doing that to yourself. Virgos "the things that can happen on a 12 by 6ft table" was going through my mind as i watched it.

Magnificent pot on that red by Vafaei - Hendry says fluke... Great pot I say

I would love if Vafaei can get back into this. I feel as if the fella is being slated/dismissed by Yates and Hendry.

Magnificent pot on that red by Vafaei - Hendry says fluke... Great pot I say

Wouldn't he have apologised if it was a fluke anyway?

I would love if Vafaei can get back into this. I feel as if the fella is being slated/dismissed by Yates and Hendry.

Didn't sound like they'd watched first 4 frames because of they did they'd know vafaei was matching or even winning in the safety exchanges. But a pot success rate of just over 70% tells the story. Only for his tactical play, would have been a whitewash.

Wouldn't he have apologised if it was a fluke anyway?

Exactly that.,, I'd say he'd definitely be oldschool in that regard; from what little I've seen of him.. Sour grapes from Hendry I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

He's doing a selby on selby

Could have been fluke but unlikely if, as hendry claimed, he was trying to hit quarter ball he'd have missed intended shot by that much. Would give benefit of doubt and say he played it.

He's doing a selby on selby

:D Dead right he is too.. Unlikely, but no harm to see Selby get beat; especially with Yates' "Likely winner" talk - course he is/was a likely winner with Ronnie being poor recently, and Robertson going out early, with Trump in the other half of the draw.... :pac:

• Advertisement

"Well, he's certainly not copitulating" - Phil Yates, any minute now..

Advertisement