Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Better match than anticipated in the end but the slow start cost him dearly. "Won" tonight's session 5-4 so can take a bit of heart from that, played very well, but with jack it sometimes feels like we're watching the longest running apprenticeship in sport. Still awaiting that elusive first title and 30 fast approaching!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Congratulations to Trump. The wait goes on for Jack to win a tournament but he should take some positives from his performance tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Rob Walker is unbearable. Needs to tone it down more than a little.

He wasn't all that far off tonight in fairness, had judd probably thinking a little bit on one or two occasions. Judd hit him with 3 excellent counter clearances that session alone which was ultimately the difference. But jack has a steady pattern of those kind of slow starts in important matches so has to get that out of his system if he hopes to kick on.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

No punters permitted to the Masters in Jan.

• Advertisement

No one be happier to hear it confirmed than ronnie, i suspect. Probably had a fair inkling of it when he decided to enter despite previous suggestions to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Is there a danger that Trump could be burnt out by the time the Worlds comes around? Hendry's argument is when a player is winning they don't get fatigued.

But in his day he would not have had so many tournaments, and a situation like this where there were so many in quick succession.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I think burn out is a risk for all players and given how much judd has played recently, even more in his case. Not sure we can appreciate fully as bystanders the mental demands that go into tour life, recall barry hawkins giving a very enlightening interview during the worlds just gone about how mentally drained he'd felt before lockdown and how he'd appreciated the break.

The point was well made a couple of pages back that there'll be no overseas events so that will help this season. But longer term judd seems a guy who will just play every event because it is what he does and I'm not 100% sure that's right for him. Then again, taking a week off didn't seem to do robbo much good for the grand prix, so it's not a very exact science all told.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

No snooker...Suppose I better go back to talking to my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

zuutroy wrote: »
    No snooker...Suppose I better go back to talking to my family.

You don't have to resort to that. There's plenty of snooker on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ronnie has lost the opening frame in 18/25 matches this season. That's pretty atrocious going.

Advertisement