Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,361 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Don't think I have ever seen Ronnie whitewashed. Could happen at this rate.

He must have heard me great pink. Game on 3-1

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Yes Ronnie, what a pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Great clearance by Ronnie, still in with a chance 3-1 down

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Almost contemptuous ease that break, bit off on the pink, no worries, just smash it in and round the angles for the black. Judd missed frame ball by a big margin though!

zuutroy wrote: »
    Just when you think he's gone as a contender, he drags you back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm surprised at ITVs narrative. He certainly hasn't played badly today in comparison with the last 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

weemcd wrote: »
    The Jester from Leicester has to be one of the worst nicknames I've ever heard for Selby. He never cracks a smile even when he's winning.

Dour.

He's always making jokes, not usually while playing though. You mustn't have been watching him for long. He's hardly going to smile in a match that he's expected to win but is struggling.

I'm surprised at ITVs narrative. He certainly hasn't played badly today in comparison with the last 3 weeks.

A bit meh about hendrys analysis there, personally. One of best clearances he's ever seen? In nearly 40 years watching the game? It was very good to be sure, great pink, but there wasn't a difficult ball there. And he'd just made a very good break in previous frame so it wasn't as if it had just suddenly sprung from nowhere, as stephen was claiming.

I agree ROS easily could be 3-1 up.

A bit meh about hendrys analysis there, personally. One of best clearances he's ever seen? In nearly 40 years watching the game? It was very good to be sure, great pink, but there wasn't a difficult ball there. And he'd just made a very good break in previous frame so it wasn't as if it had just suddenly sprung from nowhere, as stephen was claiming.

Wasn't there a clearance of 72 or something in the world final against carter that had some really great shots in it? Where Denis Taylor says he'll do well to make 20.

• Advertisement

amens wrote: »
    Wasn't there a clearance of 72 or something in the world final against carter that had some really great shots in it? Where Denis Taylor says he'll do well to make 20.

Can't remember tbh but i've no doubt you could come up with a fair few better than that. Hendry started off by saying it was probably the best clearance he'd ever seen and i just instantly thought of alex. He then downgraded it to one of the best a minute later. Don't expect a guy like hendry to get carried away like that. The manner of the clearance was a bit spectacular to be fair, was ronnie near his best for sure.

It was Willie Thorne on commentary but you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Bit of mindgames from Ronnie there?

I missed the very start after midsession... Saw Ronnie picking his mug up from on, or beside Judd's table.. The left-hand side; as we're looking at it, is where the top-dog usually sits; I think.. Mindgames perhaps??

I think time has finally caught up with Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Screwback on that opening red was delectable.

I think time has finally caught up with Ronnie.

Not about that he has not played badly. It is just that once the Juddernaut got going is hard to stop.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Screwback on that opening red was delectable.

:D My thoughts exactly

A thing of beauty indeed... Bloody fantastic and sublime position :D

Not about that he has not played badly. It is just that once the Juddernaut got going is hard to stop.

I'm kind of summing up the whole season. He ain't what he was. Even the World win was something of an aberration.

Can't remember tbh but i've no doubt you could come up with a fair few better than that. Hendry started off by saying it was probably the best clearance he'd ever seen and i just instantly thought of alex. He then downgraded it to one of the best a minute later. Don't expect a guy like hendry to get carried away like that. The manner of the clearance was a bit spectacular to be fair, was ronnie near his best for sure.

It was Willie Thorne that said he'd do well to get above 20. A clearance of 92
    https://youtu.be/rLk71tnNxOU
    Worth watching to see a crowd as well :D

• Advertisement

I'm kind of summing up the whole season. He ain't what he was. Even the World win was something of an aberration.

Ronnie seems to be playing an awful lot, non stop. What happened his picking and choosing tournaments? Changed because of covid19?

Ronnie seems to be playing an awful lot, non stop. What happened his picking and choosing tournaments? Changed because of covid19?

His current Ronnie logic is to not practice but play in every tournament.

It was Willie Thorne that said he'd do well to get above 20. A clearance of 92
    https://youtu.be/rLk71tnNxOU
    Worth watching to see a crowd as well :D

Cheers. Off top of head, i think higgins clearance to win the masters - 08 or 09 - might just be about best clearance i've seen but I'm sure ronnie would have at least a couple of contenders there. For second place after alex, of course ;-)

Trump was always a great potter but he'd break down constantly. He's deadly now, especially all this week, big break after break. That's because he probably doesn't do anything besides practicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

zuutroy wrote:
    His current Ronnie logic is to not practice but play in every tournament.

Hence his paid practice comment before the Scottish open final last week.

Trump was always a great potter but he'd break down constantly. He's deadly now, especially all this week, big break after break. That's because he probably doesn't do anything besides practicing.

He seemed to be very immature and annoying when he was younger. Copped himself on and got the head down in fairness.

Ronnie goes out there to practice. Judd has done his practice and goes out there to kill.

Trump has had a brilliant 2020, no question he's the man, but they should mention he didn't win any of the three big tournaments or even reach the final. Room for improvement there!

Course beaten in uk final by robbo! Brain gone to pot!

Trump has had a brilliant 2020, no question he's the man, but they should mention he didn't win any of the three big tournaments or even reach the final. Room for improvement there!

Course beaten in uk final by robbo! Brain gone to pot!

Shorter matches suit him I think.

• Advertisement

Oh Trump just said (half joking) that Ronnie's clearance was not that good. Hendry squirming.

Advertisement