Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Its funny really if Trump had never run. People would still have thought of him as this successful business man.

I mean know the business man thing ..he had no control over his businesses obv ...that was just a constructed image for tv ..i mean he would run then into the ground.

But i mean ...he wasn't a joke.

But now they think of him as a fool. He is like a laughing stock.

He could have kept his previous image.

Anyone that knew of trump before knew he was a pretty awful business man, he'd been failing for many years before the apprentice came along and rescued him.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,375 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Its funny really if Trump had never run. People would still have thought of him as this successful business man.

I mean know the business man thing ..he had no control over his businesses obv ...that was just a constructed image for tv ..i mean he would run then into the ground.

But i mean ...he wasn't a joke.

But now they think of him as a fool. He is like a laughing stock.

He could have kept his previous image.

He's gonna make a lot more money now though. Well, presuming he doesn't go to jail first.

He's a shoe-in for some massive right wing news/commentary position.

All comes down to if he can buy enough time to sort his **** out, and not get taken to the cleaners in the aftermath of his presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,262 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Was reading a lovely interview by Hadley Freeman with Michael J Fox. Rally amazed to hear that back in 1985, the villian Biff Tannen was based on Donald Trump;
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/23/back-to-the-future-writer-bad-guy-biff-was-based-on-donald-trump

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/nov/21/michael-j-fox-every-step-now-is-a-frigging-math-problem-so-i-take-it-slow

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Federal judge has tossed out the trump lawsuit over Pennsylvania election results. So much winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Federal judge has tossed out the trump lawsuit over Pennsylvania election results. So much winning.

Just came in here to post it.

The judge was scathing.

CNN wrote:
    "One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome [ie. the dumping of 7m votes], a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption, such that this Court would have no option but to regrettably grant the proposed injunctive relief despite the impact it would have on such a large group of citizens. That has not happened," Brann added. "Instead, this Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence."

Federal judge dismisses Trump campaign Pennsylvania lawsuit

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/politics/federal-judge-dismisses-trump-pennsylvania-lawsuit/index.html

---

So PA will be certified on Monday.

How many lawsuits are left?

• Advertisement

I’m listening to the Americast podcast from bbc sounds and they are playing parts of the Giuliani press conference and him talking about the movie my cousin vinny(which I hadn’t heard).How dare he sully the name of Mona Lisa Vito and vinny Gambini.

I’m listening to the Americast podcast from bbc sounds and they are playing parts of the Giuliani press conference and him talking about the movie my cousin vinny(which I hadn’t heard).How dare he sully the name of Mona Lisa Vito and vinny Gambini.

That's twice this week I've heard of him referencing,what is one of my all time favourite movies.

What part specifically did he, in his lack of yoot-fulness reference?

That's twice this week I've heard of him referencing,what is one of my all time favourite movies.

What part specifically did he, in his lack of yoot-fulness reference?

He just asked had the reporter seen the movie. He then tried to do a bad impression of joe Pesci. Oh he also used the scene where the female witness couldn’t see and joe Pesci asks her to tell the court how many fingers he was holding up. It’s a great film.

He just asked had the reporter seen the movie. He then tried to do a bad impression of joe Pesci. Oh he also used the scene where the female witness couldn’t see and joe Pesci asks her to tell the court how many fingers he was holding up. It’s a great film.

Great just about does it justice. Seriously, one of my all time favourite movies.

Great just about does it justice. Seriously, one of my all time favourite movies.

The all time great scene in that movie is Marisa tomei says the defence is wrong. It’s just a brilliant scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

He made a pigs ear of that, he said it was because the old Roman was too far away to identify the defendants (which was his claim about the poll watchers) when in fact she needed new glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's astonishing that despite being directly responsible for tens of thousands of american deaths (mostly, I imagine his own supporters) his legacy will be this cry baby stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

gimli2112 wrote:
    it's astonishing that despite being directly responsible for tens of thousands of american deaths (mostly, I imagine his own supporters) his legacy will be this cry baby stuff

Yup, typical of such a disorder, just ignore him now, and let the adults wreck things even more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Just came in here to post it.

The judge was scathing.

Federal judge dismisses Trump campaign Pennsylvania lawsuit

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/politics/federal-judge-dismisses-trump-pennsylvania-lawsuit/index.html

---

So PA will be certified on Monday.

How many lawsuits are left?

I've seldom seen a more scathing decision by a judge. Clearly all the more scathing as Rudey/Trump must now decide if this is the case they will appeal to the Supreme Court. They are truly running out of rope, and this case will embarrass the SCOTUS if they choose to take it on.

They need a case to go to SCOTUS in order for the final piece of their increasingly ludicrous Plan B to proceed further.

Not to mention likening the poll watchers who claimed to having to use binoculars to the elderly witness in Vinny's case! Rudey suggested that she couldn't see the two fingers Vinny held up in Court because he was too far away. However, Vinny proved to the Court that, in fact, she was legally ****ing blind! Jeez, when your lawyer can't even draw on a movie for an analogy, without totally twisting it, I reckon you'd better get yourself a new lawyer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I've seldom seen a more scathing decision by a judge. Clearly all the more scathing as Rudey/Trump must now decide if this is the case they will appeal to the Supreme Court. They are truly running out of rope, and this case will embarrass the SCOTUS if they choose to take it on.

They need a case to go to SCOTUS in order for the final piece of their increasingly ludicrous Plan B to proceed further.

And their latest line is....we're really happy that the judge dismissed the case so quickly, and we hope more judges will throw out our cases just as quickly, so we can get this moved up to the supreme court as soon as possible.

You would hope that the SC dismiss this farce just as scathingly

It was basically legalese for sling your hook your full of sh1t.

It'll be interesting to see if/when they go to the supreme court how it handles the claims trump and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,145 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

And their latest line is....we're really happy that the judge dismissed the case so quickly, and we hope more judges will throw out our cases just as quickly, so we can get this moved up to the supreme court as soon as possible.

It will be interesting to see if they ever actually find an appeal with some standing that could even be taken up by the SC.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Assuming it actually gets to them, the SCOTUS needs 4 Justices to grant a "writ of certiorari" before even considering it. That's the 1st hurdle Trump/Rudey need to cross. If it does grant certiorari, that would mean they'd have to opine- then the **** would truly hit the fan in 'Murica.. ANYONE trying to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear will be pilloried for centuries to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Assuming it actually gets to them, the SCOTUS needs 4 Justices to grant a "writ of certiorari" before even considering it. That's the 1st hurdle Trump/Rudey need to cross. If it does grant certiorari, that would mean they'd have to opine- then the **** would truly hit the fan in 'Murica.. ANYONE trying to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear will be pilloried for centuries to come!

If your case is thrown out as meritless, I am surprised you are able to then appeal that to a higher court? It does seem like a path is there for them to at least get the SCOTUS to consider whether to take their case. They are unlikely to get a better result mind.

U.S. District Court Judge Matthew Brann may be an Obama appointee, but he is a republican through and through, and he gave it every short shrift, mainly because the affidavit evidence is so weak, jaysus a form behind a capatcha that anyone could post evidence to!

This article is good, it contains the current status of all Trump's legal cases in the window at the bottom, 7 pages of cases!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

It will be interesting to see if they ever actually find an appeal with some standing that could even be taken up by the SC.

How does it work? Does he automatically get to the supreme court? What do these dismisses mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

The last option is to take everything to the Supreme Court and they can overrule the state courts ruling. It’s necessary to go to the local then state courts first, then finally the Supreme Court. A lot of people are putting their reputation on the line, they are that confident they have evidence of significant election fraud, the Dominion Software seems to be a big part of it. Either what they have is a hoax or there is greater corruption in our govt then ever imagined and if that was exposed now Donald Trump would go down as one of the greatest presidents in history. PA is definitely a blow but it’s not over yet, if they have something real they can take it before the Supreme Court and they can overrule every state courts ruling so far and demand a thorough investigation of the votes and corruption allegations. If they have real evidence then partisanship should not be an issue since there are 5 conservatives, 3 liberals and 1 moderate.

The gap Biden was behind, the way voting stopped in 6 battleground states simultaneously, the number of votes almost all coming in for Biden and finally, the margin Biden won by (10,000’s of votes in multiple states) all seems a bit fishy to me. In MI, the county electorates would not certify because there were way more votes than registered voters in Wayne County where Detroit is. Also, there has never been an election with so many independent claims of fraud, everyone has a sworn testimony meaning if it turns out later they were wrong and it was proven in a court of law they would go to jail. Finally, so many Democrats in the past we’re complaining about Dominion Software being unreliable and hack able, none of them are complaining now of course.

It is not over and the truth will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

1123heavy wrote: »
    The last option is to take everything to the Supreme Court and they can overrule the state courts ruling. It’s necessary to go to the local then state courts first, then finally the Supreme Court. A lot of people are putting their reputation on the line, they are that confident they have evidence of significant election fraud, the Dominion Software seems to be a big part of it. Either what they have is a hoax or there is greater corruption in our govt then ever imagined and if that was exposed now Donald Trump would go down as one of the greatest presidents in history. PA is definitely a blow but it’s not over yet, if they have something real they can take it before the Supreme Court and they can overrule every state courts ruling so far and demand a thorough investigation of the votes and corruption allegations. If they have real evidence then partisanship should not be an issue since there are 5 conservatives, 3 liberals and 1 moderate.

The gap Biden was behind, the way voting stopped in 6 battleground states simultaneously, the number of votes almost all coming in for Biden and finally, the margin Biden won by (10,000’s of votes in multiple states) all seems a bit fishy to me. In MI, the county electorates would not certify because there were way more votes than registered voters in Wayne County where Detroit is. Also, there has never been an election with so many independent claims of fraud, everyone has a sworn testimony meaning if it turns out later they were wrong and it was proven in a court of law they would go to jail. Finally, so many Democrats in the past we’re complaining about Dominion Software being unreliable and hack able, none of them are complaining now of course.

All the talking points. Imagine you could have the power to alter millions of votes through [checks post] control of voting software and somehow forgot to alter the vital senate seats that you need to take full control of government. And you flubb it and nearly lose the House too. How sick they must be now.

Seriously. They can't prove this stuff at state level, haven't brought a shred of evidence at state court, get spanked consistently all over the country in court and hold all this 'evidence' back for a Hail Mary run at the SC which they are unlikely to get because they've produced no real evidence yet. But HUGE fraud.

Silly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The truth will prevail when the deliberately biased Supreme Court packed with GOP loyalists overturns the election result in favor of their party?

I don’t get your mindset. Everyone is in on the conspiracy except for political judicial appointments chosen specifically to be as politically motivated as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

*all seems a bit fishy to me*

Really? I'm surprised he got as many votes as he did. Looking forward to when he finally leaves the WH.

Maricopa County AZ board of supervisors (4 GOP and 1 Dem) certifying their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

How come this Dominion software was on no radar before the election? If Nancy Pelosi has a share in it (don't believe it) why didn't Republicans highlight, everybody seems to know about it 2 days later?

Also, didn't Biden initially lead briefly in Florida because they counted the mail in ballots first and then Trump pulled ahead.

The States that banned the counting of mail in ballots first did so to engineer this exact situation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The last option is to take everything to the Supreme Court and they can overrule the state courts ruling.
    But wouldn't that cost more money than they are making with fundraising ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

If there was this great conspiracy, how come Trump and all those GOP led states didn't secure the voting process BEFORE the election?

• Advertisement

But wouldn't that cost more money than they are making with fundraising ?
    If PA certifies tomorrow as is mooted, then that particular route to the SC is dead. The original case in PA asked for certification to be prevented as a relief. That relief dies with certification. As do all cases deriving from it.

Advertisement