Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Bambi wrote: »
    Cant believe masks were actaully proven to be useful outdoors but NPHET didn't mandate their use until now

Cos it was surely a decision made on sound evidence

It was probably a measure brought in to humour NPHET because they didn't get their way for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

I think however what characterizes Ireland is that we've tended to be at the top end of the restrictions in the EU for the longest time. Really, there's just been about three weeks towards the end of June and the start of August when Ireland wasn't at the top of the restrictions. Ireland is in red in the chart below with the other countries greyed out.
    RsA.svg

Do you know how this index was calculated? For example school closures "Required (only at some levels)" - does it happen until parents simply refing to put their children into these covid nests?

PS
    And France seem to handle the issue much better now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Please tell me you're taking the piss. Would he not lay off for just one night and let people forget about covid?

Having watched every minute of it (not by choice) I can assure you that Tony Holohan isn’t anywhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Please tell me you're taking the piss. Would he not lay off for just one night and let people forget about covid?

Not joking, tub had his hand up his arse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Asked this before but might have phrased poorly.

Whats your take on this ACE?

Is this because of restrictions?
    Or has covid basically replaced the flu?
    I know there was a lot of talk here about the flu coming into Winter. The latest WHO report suggest it's been eradicated :D

FIUIkCo.png

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Having watched every minute of it (not by choice) I can assure you that Tony Holohan isn’t anywhere to be seen.

Count Tony, tub referring to him as count NPHET

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Count Tony, tub referring to him as count NPHET

Ah, forgot that...Level 3, ha,ha, ha!

Benimar wrote: »
    Ah, forgot that...Level 3, ha,ha, ha!

The wig confused you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I assume all the measures people have taken... Hand hygene, reduced contacts etc... Have cut the transmission to almost zero.

Remember the person that always insisted on coming into work "dying with a cold" but wouldnt dream of missing the opportunity to let people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I reckon both tbh. Flu would be outfought by COVID any day of the week and restrictions mean flu hasn't a chance.

• Advertisement

Feck you, didn't you ever heard this Chinese military-grade virus is little bit more contagious than our normal flu? On the positive side, hygienic measures taken nowadays are more effective against flu. May be we will suppress it totally to the end of all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

And you thanked that? Cop on.

Not joking, tub had his hand up his arse

Yeah I'm a gullible eejit. I really took the bait this time 😂

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Jesus calm down are you my father or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I presume all those wanting more restrictions will avoid pubs and restaurants and avoid unnecessary shopping despite today's announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

gmisk wrote: »
    That was what about 10 years ago? Don't think it was illegal?
    He is just dull and boring, not a skilled politician imo

I vaguely remember the money resting in the account yarn. That was the current ministers father?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Thats me wrote: »
    Do you know how this index was calculated? For example school closures "Required (only at some levels)" - does it happen until parents simply refing to put their children into these covid nests?
    What they have is a number of components e.g. schools, public gatherings. A score is allocated for each of these categories and the average taken.

https://www.bsg.ox.ac.uk/research/research-projects/coronavirus-government-response-tracker

So for schools:
    0 - no measures
    1 - recommend closing or all schools open with alterations resulting in significant differences compared to non-Covid-19 operations
    2 - require closing (only some levels or categories, eg just high school, or just public schools)
    3 - require closing all levels
    and for public gatherings:
    0 - no restrictions
    1 - restrictions on very large gatherings (the limit is above 1000 people)
    2 - restrictions on gatherings between 101-1000 people
    3 - restrictions on gatherings between 11-100 people
    4 - restrictions on gatherings of 10 people or less
    Adjustments are made so that categories with lots of options do not unduly bias the average. Looks to be about eight categories for the containment and government policies index.

I presume all those wanting more restrictions will avoid pubs and restaurants and avoid unnecessary shopping despite today's announcement.

Yes, internet shopping is more affordable and it turns more safe in current circumstances.

I don't see why not. Stands to reason and wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Advertisement

The thanks police, you are like the gard with the water gun of disinfectant

bb1234567 wrote: »

With the lowest rates it was likely to be us

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

billyhead wrote: »
    Restrictions aren't lifted until Tuesday.

It doesn't matter! People have already moved on and all the shops I listed are open anyway. Christmas shopping will ramp up this weekend.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The thanks police, you are like the gard with the water gun of disinfectant

Oh it's a tanker of slurry I'd be using around here free lately.

Oh it's a tanker of slurry I'd be using around here free lately.

I am sure you have a plentiful supply

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

bb1234567 wrote: »
    We also hit the restrictions ahead of most european countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

'The adaptation by many shuttered stores to takeaway or click-and-collect services limited the economic damage over the last six weeks with data on Friday showing retail sales fell by just 0.7% month-on-month in October and were up 8.1% year-on-year.'
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-ireland-idUSKBN2872E0?taid=5fc17f17585f620001e50e8b&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

A bit of positivity for the economy doom mongers out there

Retail sales are up considerably on last year. Don't tell the relaxation thread , they will implode

I am sure you have a plentiful supply

I know a man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

seamus wrote: »
    We also hit the restrictions ahead of most european countries.
    Yes, this is true for the "second wave" restrictions in the EU coming into winter.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Source for this ? Can't find it being reported on

His arsehole I``d say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement