Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

He can **** off with his mask outdoors carry on. I'm not doing it.

That's the spirit richie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The likes of Harvey Norman and Woodies and Currys will be jam packed tomorrow. Jam packed.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,646 ✭✭✭billyhead

The likes of Harvey Norman and Woodies and Currys will be jam packed tomorrow. Jam packed.

Restrictions aren't lifted until Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

gmisk wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your job, hope you find something new soon.

I have to confess the PUP has been a massive help! My wife was able to take on extra shifts and we're managing to keep all the bills paid which is a massive plus. But looking forward to getting back to work.

Edit: the government deserve credit for the handling and management of the PUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

niallo27 wrote: »
    Honestly some people need to leave their houses and turn off their Netflix and go for dinner next week when they can. The sky won't fall in, you might actually enjoy yourself. It can't be fun being that worried and miserable.

Yeah, but just don't forget to wear your mask at all times, indoors and now outdoors too :confused:

I will not be complying (outdoors)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I think the implication is that it's a premises with a *license* to produce and serve food.

Getting pizzas or burgers from down the road isn't going go cut it.

Did MM give any explanation as to why take in food was ok during the summer but not now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I know there was a lot of talk here about the flu coming into Winter. The latest WHO report suggest it's been eradicated :D

So what does that mean? Same thing different name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Yeah, but just don't forget to wear your mask at all times, indoors and now outdoors too :confused:

Well I'll wear two to make up for your ignorance!

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    The wording states pubs with kitchens.

MOR316 wrote: »
    Houses have kitchens...

House parties are safe so
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I know you're just trying to be smart or humorous but it fails miserably.

I found it very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,246 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Outdoors in crowded places is recommendation....
    It could be worse in Spain for example you have to wear outside at all times and it is enforced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

TBH I wouldn't have an issue with a 3 week (strictly 3 weeks) period of restrictions in early January to get things back on track as we progress through vaccinations

If we are going for the Curevax, That's going to be well into next year, it's only in phase 2.

NI said they plan to have the North fully Vaxed up by mid may.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Doesn't matter if you don't comply, it's only being said as extra information. They literally just said a few minutes ago its not a rule or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Taoiseach just confirmed in briefing that all travel restrictions will be definitely reimposed on January 6th.

Well I'll wear two to make up for your ignorance!

Thank you, but I think you're daft.

Did MM give any explanation as to why take in food was ok during the summer but not now?

Anyone?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Taoiseach just confirmed in briefing that all travel restrictions will be definitely reimposed on January 6th.

Back to your county or 5km?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

At this stage id be interested in seeing mary Lou give one of these speeches just to see if she would quote Bobby sands.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Busy outdoor places, where there is significant congregation - i.e. Christmas shopping!

Take in food? Takeaway food?

....also, did he give any explanation as to why the air outdoors was more dangerous & Covid laden than before?

Masks outdoors :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Stheno wrote: »
    County i'm guessing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Polar101

Stheno wrote: »

I guess it means level 3, so stay in your county.. again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

27-11-2020-p1.jpg
    27-11-2020-p2.jpg
    27-11-2020-p3.jpg
    27-11-2020-p4.jpg
    27-11-2020-p5.jpg
    27-11-2020-p6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Masks out in the fresh air.bs of the highest order.i won’t be complying.nonsense and to me a sop to the zero Covid/nphet fanatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

I wonder sometimes why the government makes these announcements about restrictions and then turn around at the press conference and say completely the opposite of what MM just said at the lectern.

Wear masks outdoors ah sure its not really a rule, no more than 2 other households ah sure thats not a hard and fast rule either, single use utensils well now passing the gravy boats not recommended.

Boggles the mind

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

gmisk wrote: »
    Outdoors in crowded places is recommendation....
    It could be worse in Spain for example you have to wear outside at all times and it is enforced

I thought there was a survey lately that found masks were of little protection.

"the Taoiseach said the discipline of sitting down for a meal creates a different environment to a pub environment."...

But surely that applies whether it came from Chinese next door or the pub kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Masks out in the fresh air.bs of the highest order.i won’t be complying.nonsense and to me a sop to the zero Covid/nphet fanatics.

It's only a recommendation. Was in 2 shops in my local town this evening and I left the mask on walking between them. It's no big deal. I have to wear a mask for 8hrs a day for the days I'm working on site in the factory I work in. It's not a big deal.

Specially outdoors on a windy day.

Total bullsh1t.

Definitely not wearing a mask outdoors after wearing the blessed thing indoors all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

Ya hopefully surgeons stop wearing them when peering into open wounds during surgery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭jackboy

Take in food? Takeaway food?

....also, did he give any explanation as to why the air outdoors was more dangerous & Covid laden than before?

Masks outdoors :confused:

The masks outdoor may be a trial for a long term living with Covid plan. There is something like this in Portugal, masks indoors and outdoors but everything open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement