Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ax530

At this stage will pubs be open before March?
    Part of me would prefer another week of restrictions, hate the idea of spread and growing numbers the weeks before Christmas. Know the few business people who can open need the income.
    Guess for those who have had virus they compensated by being able to enjoy some shopping & meals out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

What a load of unscientific bollox, what does it matter where the food comes from:

"From Friday 4 December, restaurants and pubs operating as restaurants (serving a substantial meal) may reopen for indoor dining with additional restrictions, including a requirement for meals to be prepared on site, inside the premises. "

Waits for comments about gastropubs with proper food not being the same as getting pizza and chips in. They are as far as safety goes.

Having said that, I haven't seen anything about opening times - are they back to normal opening times 11.30 Sun-Thurs, 12.30 Fri/Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The Guardian are reporting that hospitals in England were told today to prepare for imminent (< 10 days time) vaccination rollout

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Has anything been said about closing times for food pubs? Are we still with the 11.30 closing time or has that changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Has anything been said about closing times for food pubs? Are we still with the 11.30 closing time or has that changed?

Just asked the same question a couple of posts ago.

My reading of it is that they are allowing "pubs to reopen" so standard hours should apply. Unless they are detailing more restrictions tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

niallo27 wrote: »
    We can't live in permanent lockdown though, ask yourself why is the rest of Europe not in permanent lockdown.

Myth.. We're not as dramatically different to EUrope as you make out

Enw4mtyXUAYtbhM?format=png&name=900x900
    Couldn't find a one comparing Ireland with larger number of countries but you can compare France and Belgium in the larger one with our own line
    EdrMGWlWAAALiUK.png

We did have the strictest lockdown in Europe in Autumn but it's not miles off the rest of Europe, but we also have the lowest cases in Europe now, so at least there's that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    That's good news

I do wonder how they managed to miscount 4420 tests from the original total of 8019

Maybe it was an intentional “mistake” like I said last week I still think someone in HSE is reading this thread and throwing the odd wobbley to see all the Armchair experts lose their sh!t. LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

The Guardian are reporting that hospitals in England were told today to prepare for imminent (< 10 days time) vaccination rollout

Irish times are reporting that hospitals in Ireland have been told to prepare for Oct 2021 vaccination rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

What countries are you comparing us to? Compared to Norway, Slovakia or Denmark we were piss poor.

Excess deaths is what matters really. Ireland's excess deaths are a fraction of almost all of Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just asked the same question a couple of posts ago.

My reading of it is that they are allowing "pubs to reopen" so standard hours should apply. Unless they are detailing more restrictions tomorrow...

I have browsed back a page to see if anyone else asked and completely missed yours. I blame the pre-Toy Show wine :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

ax530 wrote: »
    At this stage will pubs be open before March?

This is most significant problem! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Maybe it was an intentional “mistake” like I said last week I still think someone in HSE is reading this thread and throwing the odd wobbley to see all the Armchair experts lose their sh!t. LOL

If you ever look at the Gov.ie reports it would not surprise to see how they could "lose" 4k+. F*ck they can hardly add 1+1 and get the correct answer some days.

George Lee couldn't predict whether or not the sun will come up tomorrow.

George Lee 2006: "We are borrowing against our future"

2008: Global Financial Crisis caused by overleveraging.

Look he errs on the negative side of caution, but if we all went round with our head in the clouds pretending everything is fine we'd be in a much worse position. We need the negative just as much as we need to acknowledge the positive to keep ourselves sane and balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

bb1234567 wrote: »

Enw4mtyXUAYtbhM?format=png&name=900x900
    Couldn't find a one comparing Ireland with larger number of countries but you can compare France and Belgium in the larger one with our own line
    EdrMGWlWAAALiUK.png

We did have the strictest lockdown in Europe in Autumn but it's not miles off the rest of Europe, but we also have the lowest cases in Europe now, so at least there's that

Yes but other countries go into lockdowns with the actual intent of leaving lockdown, NPHET here just want to live in permanent lockdown. There is no trust there anymore, I just don't believe a word they say anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Harpon wrote: »
    Irish times are reporting that hospitals in Ireland have been told to prepare for Oct 2021 vaccination rollout.

Only then, next October? Paddy last again.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yes but other countries go into lockdowns with the actual intent of leaving lockdown, NPHET here just want to live in permanent lockdown. There is no trust there anymore, I just don't believe a word they say anymore.

You would still have some level of lockdown until vaccine roll out happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,989 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Steve012 wrote: »
    Only then, next October? Paddy last again.

bloody joke if true

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Renjit wrote: »

Interesting topic Renjit would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Renjit wrote: »

Yes of course, but is there need for the strictest in Europe despite having one of the lowest cases numbers in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

HSE OP Report out

235 Hospital cases.
    Letterkenny gone up to 45 increase of 7

34 in critical car inc 1 paediatric in Temple Street. Decrease of 2
    2 deaths
    19 ventilated Decrease of 2

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    bloody joke if true

I think he's messing but our timeline seems to be a lot less optimistic than other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

bb1234567 wrote: »

[charts removed]

I think however what characterizes Ireland is that we've tended to be at the top end of the restrictions in the EU for the longest time. Really, there's just been about three weeks towards the end of June and the start of August when Ireland wasn't at the top of the restrictions. Ireland is in red in the chart below with the other countries greyed out.
    RsA.svg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

boggerman1 wrote: »
    For the sheep that want to wear masks 24/7 off ye go and knock yourselves out.just one question to ask.do ye intend to keep them on forever and ever even if the vaccines prove effective and kill it off completely.
    As for Sam mcdonkey how can anyone take him seriously when he predicted 100,000 deaths in Ireland from this thing this yr.

If it annoys people like you i may well wear a mask 24/7 alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Cavan 0 cases today. That's some effort from the most infected area in europe at one stage. Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Harpon wrote: »

Source for this ? Can't find it being reported on

George Lee 2006: "We are borrowing against our future"

2008: Global Financial Crisis caused by overleveraging.

Look he errs on the negative side of caution, but if we all went round with our head in the clouds pretending everything is fine we'd be in a much worse position. We need the negative just as much as we need to acknowledge the positive to keep ourselves sane and balanced.

Fair enough if he wants to keep on the side of caution but he doesn't. He veers straight into hysteria at the drop of a hat. Between the stairs analogy yesterday and the 1000 deaths a day he's taking the piss. To put this 1000 into context, the highest daily death toll worldwide in one day was 8,500. He essentially said we'd nearly hit an eighth of the all time death peak globally. That's stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Source for this ? Can't find it being reported on
    He's on the wind up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I see Tony is on the late late again, seems to be a permanent employee.

I see Tony is on the late late again, seems to be a permanent employee.

Please tell me you're taking the piss. Would he not lay off for just one night and let people forget about covid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Cant believe masks were actaully proven to be useful outdoors but NPHET didn't mandate their use until now

Cos it was surely a decision made on sound evidence

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement