Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Mad to think the detail for additional restrictions on restaurants didn't get leaked yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

is_that_so wrote: »
    CSO stats mentioned on RTE, saying people feel very low.

Ryan Turbridy should cheer them up tonight. I'm not sure he can shoehorn a misery slot into the LL Toy S.
    Or maybe he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

walshb wrote: »
    And several millions

And millions do so it's a fairly circular argument. The majority of the speech was in English. 1 line in Irish won't mean people don't get the whole point of the speech so it's a fairly moot point either way tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Seven day average is now 279 cases per day. The lowest seven day average since September 23rd and last Friday it was 399.

Todays 206 cases is the lowest daily reported number since 21st of September
    But the virus is still out there and dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Arghus wrote: »
    The die is cast now.
    Scary stuff.

Am I doing it right??

• Advertisement

McConkey will be on next!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

These statements are just ridiculous now given that RTE reported everything before the speech was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,646 ✭✭✭billyhead

I will be working in the Dublin city centre during Christmas. I will be wearing a mask for 8 hours working and another 2 hours commuting, not a chance I'm wearing one when I am out and about during lunch, or before/after work. It's not happening.

Don't be selfish.

RTE roll out McConkey next FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

walshb wrote: »
    Plenty..

Ok. Whatever

If enough understood the language, the whole message would have been in Irish!

Your being a pedant just for the sake of it. There are parts of the country Irish speaking.

Get over it.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    NPHET are an emergency team for the virus management and they tend not to stray very far outside that, even though they have mentioned other issues.

Fair enough

More reason to broader their remit and membership for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why of all people do the keep dusting Mc Conky off again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Scary stuff.

Am I doing it right??

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why of all people do the keep dusting Mc Conky off again

Agent of doom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

I don’t have TV, only streaming stuff, but why in gods name do posters watch RTE every single night, and go nuts when george lee comes on?

If you’re scared of George you can “hide in the corner and let the rest of us get on with it”

• Registered Users Posts: 54,963 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Your being a pedant just for the sake of it. There are parts of the country Irish speaking.

Get over it.

Pedant my arse..

So his final line was directed at a small amount people that can speak and understand Irish to a fluent level..

Vast majority on the island can’t speak or understand to a fluent level..

"I predict 1,000 deaths a day by the first of never".

Cretinous goon.

Or his 5000 cases in Dublin alone by the end of October

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Christ that was cringe by MM

It was not..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

McConkey doesn't want a third level 5 lockdown by staying in the current level 5 lockdown indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

George Lee predicting a rapid 3rd wave with intense mortality in January ffs RTE
    And now Sam mcconkey is on spreading the fear. RTÉ need to cop themselves on.

• Advertisement

Interesting graph from NPHET in their letter to government. The modelling has us not even reaching 400 cases per day by new year with an R of 1.4 from Dec 2nd.

534385.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

jk23 wrote: »
    In fairness I think it's for busy streets which are going to be jammed over Christmas you could see how it could spread if there is alot of people all close together....

Yes indeed agreed, it just struck me as strange in this instance and how people systematically put them on as they got out of their cars into the fresh air?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

George Lee is a parody of himself at this stage

A complete embarrassment

A fitting representative of RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Jesus I was worried George Lee was going to forget to breathe and keel over there.

One can hope I suppose...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I don’t have TV, only streaming stuff, but why in gods name do posters watch RTE every single night, and go nuts when george lee comes on?

If you’re scared of George you can “hide in the corner and let the rest of us get on with it”

You have to feel hyperbolic outrage over something. Then share that outrage with others. Then proclaim you are the only person not being fooled by something and you want everyone to know you are not being fooled. That you are free from the hivemind fear mongering. It's the six one ritual.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KerryConnor

It's no hardship at all I'd do the same.. a painless way of contributing. ..keeps your face warm on cold night even. And if you get chatting to someone you bring your chances of catching/passing it right down.
    Just dropped off my kids to football training (outdoors) and I noticed nearly all the parents putting on face masks as they got out of their cars and headed for the "socially distanced" touchline :confused:

I have my face mask in my pocket for when I go into shops and the like, but outdoors?

What's that about :confused:

Maybe there's a new directive that I missed? PS the kids aren't wearing masks.

MLM on shortly..

Usual. Give out give out give out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

* Watching the Armchair " Medical and Scientific Experts" trying to convince their friends and family to meet up in Pubs and restaurants over the Christmas Period.

giphy.gif

:D

Here's the full NPHET letter for anyone who wants to read:
    https://t.co/hphR2NGtBX?amp=1

• Advertisement

Turtwig wrote: »
    You have to feel hyperbolic outrage over something. Then share that outrage with others. Then proclaim you are the only person not being fooled by something and you want everyone to know you are not being fooled. That you are free from the hivemind fear mongering. It's the six one ritual.
    Or he could just be the worst reporter on COVID we've seen. I actually liked him as a business correspondent. COVID has got some form of death grip on him, though. Fergal Bowers is far more chilled and insightful on this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement