Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Great to see those numbers

Probable backlog for tomorrow though

Still good trends continuing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Cork2021 wrote: »
    You could have a kitchen but not have to buy food?

I think the implication is that it's a premises with a *license* to produce and serve food.

Getting pizzas or burgers from down the road isn't going go cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rodders999

Functioning kitchen only it looks like

The interpretation of that will be interesting! A cooker with an oven and grill will get ya a Goodfellas pizza and toasted sambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Cork2021 wrote: »
    You could have a kitchen but not have to buy food?

D'oh!

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

George Lee will be gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

MOR316 wrote: »
    Houses have kitchens...

House parties are safe so

I know you're just trying to be smart or humorous but it fails miserably. People should just read the material for themselves because any comment on any individual piece of it gets this type of 'wisecrack".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

rodders999 wrote: »
    The interpretation of that will be interesting! A cooker with an oven and grill will get ya a Goodfellas pizza and toasted sambo.

Easy enough to figure out, all kitchens that are for commercial food preparation should be registered with the HSE. Standard practice.

"Food business notification
    Typically, the HSE inspects businesses like restaurants, delis, retailers, mobile food businesses and food stalls and some manufacturing premises, including microbreweries.
    It is a legal requirement to notify your food business. The business details provided must be accurate and kept up to date. Notification can be done through our online portal
    If you have any queries or difficulties submitting online food business notifications you can contact the Environmental Health Service at foodbusinessnotification@hse.ie"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hopefully cases get even lower before restrictions are eased. Lower the better before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I know you're just trying to be smart or humorous but it fails miserably. People should just read the material for themselves because any comment on any individual piece of it gets this type of 'wisecrack".

Alright, George Lee...Calm down! :D

It doesn't fail miserably. You just don't appreciate it.

Apology accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Eod100 wrote: »
    Hopefully cases get even lower before restrictions are eased. Lower the better before then.

Cases will or should still decrease at least a week after restrictions are eased. Of course we'll have people saying restrictions were not needed cause restrictions have been eased and cases are still going down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

CSO stats mentioned on RTE, saying people feel very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ah could they not have let the deaf interpreter inside? He must be frozen!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

is_that_so wrote:
    Any number above zero is too high for some people.
    Well I'm not one of them although it would be awesome to get to zero. Unfortunately we have too many idiots in this country for that to ever happen.
    200 is far too high to call anything. We were around 200 weekly average on the 17th September, four weeks later we had 1250.
    In five weeks time we could be back there, maybe a little less or even a hell of a lot more. That all depends on what people do over the next few weeks.
    It'll drop again in January because I expect more people to be careful and not have much money to spend after Christmas so they'll spend more time at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Ah could they not have let the deaf interpreter inside? He must be frozen!

Is he deaf?

Bring back Leo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Did he say it’s killed more than 3000 here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The difference between the word 'with' and 'of' is vital
    Our Taoiseach has just said over 3,000 people have died of covid on our island.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did he say it’s killed more than 3000 here?

Yes the island of Ireland, he should have said more than 3000 people died who at one stage had Covid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I'm not one of them although it would be awesome to get to zero. Unfortunately we have too many idiots in this country for that to ever happen.
    200 is far too high to call anything. We were around 200 weekly average on the 17th September, four weeks later we had 1250.
    In five weeks time we could be back there, maybe a little less or even a hell of a lot more. That all depends on what people do over the next few weeks.
    It'll drop again in January because I expect more people to be careful and not have much money to spend after Christmas so they'll spend more time at home.

Numbers should keep falling for a week to 10 days after the end of level 5 restrictions. So let's say 6 or 7 weeks to lockdown 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I’m going on the lash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Our sacrifices have paid off. A good Christmas ahead!

What’s the point of this speech.

All of this has been leaked already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Jasus he looks shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Addressing the nation - many people like or at the very least appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A lot of people don't spend their day on the Internet.

Sounds like a priest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Just dropped off my kids to football training (outdoors) and I noticed nearly all the parents putting on face masks as they got out of their cars and headed for the "socially distanced" touchline :confused:

I have my face mask in my pocket for when I go into shops and the like, but outdoors?

What's that about :confused:

Maybe there's a new directive that I missed? PS the kids aren't wearing masks.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Addressing the nation - many people like or at the very least appreciate it.

Then why bother leaking it all.

This is about Michael’s ego.
    He wants to be seen on the telly and talk waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully no restrictions coming on how many cans you can buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He can **** off with his mask outdoors carry on. I'm not doing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement