Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Never said that, you can go through my post history to see for yourself but I admire your skill with building strawmen.

sounds ridiculous doesn't it? and yet every thing i said there has been said repeatedly by multiple posters in the other thread over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

There's zero formula given there, but whatever floats your boat, you do you.

Really? You cant see Benimars post? Maybe too many words

*One day Ireland had 196 cases.
    *28 days later Ireland had 1000 cases.

*Today we have over 300 cases
    *28 days later its quite possible we can get 1000 cases based on actual data that shows we managed to do it before.

That help you understand? Or is this just going back to a case of ignoring whats right in front of you, And then saying thats theres no one providing any reasoning for supporting NPHET solely because you ignore it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Arghus wrote: »
    Let's hope this one doesn't age badly.

Because telling someone on an anonymous forum that they got it wrong is so important.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Arghus wrote: »
    Let's hope this one doesn't age badly.

I can't believe he's at it again. And with such gusto.

Ah well.

I'm finding it very hard to stomach this place at the mo. The same people. The same angry, circular arguments.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    so whats the solution then?

Even more harder lockdown?

Redouble our efforts. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

D.Q wrote: »
    I've been as guilty of it as anyone but there has been an incredible amount of energy expended between both sides bickering on here haha

None of what we post matters a toss and it's been going on for 9 months straight haha.

We won't affect any decision made and I don't think either side of the argument has conceded an inch. Brutal trench warfare.

We'll need a Christmas day truce with a kickabout

lol so true. passes the time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

School outbreaks now taking hold , 12 in killkenny , 6 in a school in Tipperary and up to 20 In cork ..
    What’s causing the sudden school clusters, complacency setting in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hulk Hands wrote:
    Funny how you took out the second part of my post, which specifically says it's the average previously pro-lockdown person who seems to be angry tonight
    You are the one that seems angry to me. I'm just saying it as it is. The spoilt brats with adult bodies and the alcoholics are screaming because times are tough. The majority, many who were unfairly robbed of thousands of euro to save Irish and major European banks know what a tough time is, when you didn't have the money to drink or eat out. They can handle this tough time and are willing to do the right thong for the good of their families and for the nation.
    I'm one of them btw.
    Hulk Hands wrote:
    Stop wishing your sad little idea of a Christmas on other people
    There'll be nothing sad about my Christmas. I'll have lights on trees in the front and back garden and we'll have our Christmas tree inside and decorations. All Christmas presents are already bought and safely stashed. We'll have a good day, watch a movie together, probably the secret Garden this year. Visit my parents but stay outside and maintain social distance. Speak on zoom and Skype with friends. It'll be nice, maybe just not as great as a normal Christmas but it'll still be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Because telling someone on an anonymous forum that they got it wrong is so important.....

I hope he's right to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The one in Cork seems to be poor parenting if the reports I'm hearing are true

Sending children to school even after the siblings had a positive test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You seriously think the fatigue with restrictions is due to the desire of a pint? You may not realise it but alcohol has been available throughout. Your condescending comment serves no purpose other than to incite a reaction off others, perhaps that's the purpose.
    Seriously, there is no condescension in that post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

froog wrote: »
    sounds ridiculous doesn't it? and yet every thing i said there has been said repeatedly by multiple posters in the other thread over the last few days.

What does that have to do with me? Am I accountable for other people's posts. You're just spouting nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭SwordofLight

I've just had the boards.ie censor my right to free speech in asking a question about covid lockdown.

Lockdown works.

But it seems to me that the majority of people on here, which hopefully don't represent the nation, are anti-lockdown and have some pretty stupid concrete thoughts about so called covid 'facts' etc.. well I ask you then wtf nphet exists, maybe they should just disband eh?

If people wore masks, together with 2 or 3 metre distancing, we wouldn't need lockdown. Look outside, nobody on the street wears masks.

Wait until covid comes for you and your family. You might take it a bit more seriously then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

pjohnson wrote: »

*28 days later its quite possible we can get 1000 cases based on actual data that shows we managed to do it before.

That help you understand? Or is this just going back to a case of ignoring whats right in front of you, And then saying thats theres no one providing any reasoning for supporting NPHET solely because you ignore it?

Maybe we should just wait another 28 days.

28.jpg

Sorry, I made that joke before, just couldnt resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I've just had the boards.ie censor my right to free speech in asking a question about covid lockdown.

Lockdown works.

But it seems to me that the majority of people on here, which hopefully don't represent the nation, are anti-lockdown and have some pretty stupid concrete thoughts about so called covid 'facts' etc.. well I ask you then wtf nphet exists, maybe they should just disband eh?

If people wore masks, together with 2 or 3 metre distancing, we wouldn't need lockdown. Look outside, nobody on the street wears masks.

Wait until covid comes for you and your family. You might take it a bit more seriously then.

Be careful your edging towards a 9 on tony's worry meter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Tbh whether they're massaging those numbers or not is immaterial as those numbers are rubbish to begin with.

The only yardstick that isn't totally flawed are hospitalisations and deaths. And both of those would have to be strictly "from" and not "with".

The only thing we're actually excelling at is collecting useless case numbers and fogging up the only real hard numbers we could have in order to send 'the right message'.

Its so bad and its so persistently bad that I can hardly blame people for jumping on the CT bandwagon any more.

Remember some people are hospitised for less than a day, or a day or two at most for observation. get potentially scanned/xray.. bloods..checked over....meds and home. We need an update on that also. Are they included in hospital day numbers? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So NPHET want to keep level 5 for Christmas essentially?

Whether or not you agree with it, I think it's safe to say there's not a ****ing chance of it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I can't believe he's at it again. And with such gusto.

Ah well.

I'm finding it very hard to stomach this place at the mo. The same people. The same angry, circular arguments.

I can, moods become very predictable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Lockdown works.

hahaha fook me

bad covid, bad covid, what ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when it comes for you. and your family.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

El Sueño wrote: »
    So NPHET want to keep level 5 for Christmas essentially?

Whether or not you agree with it, I think it's safe to say there's not a ****ing chance of it happening
    There's no chance around the household visiting and inter-county travel. Everyone I know of, who have been very compliant to this point, are travelling for Christmas to see family. Now a good few are cancelling mixing large numbers of households but they're all moving about. NPHET won't get their way here, no matter what they say.

.. And the government knows this will happen. They know they can't stop it (and the Gardai would have zero appetite at any rate). So I can see them just taking the advice on restaurants/gastropubs instead. I'd like for them to be open although I'd be probably a bit wary of attending one but I think the choice will be taken out of our hands. Maybe the compromise will to be limit it to tables of four or some such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

spookwoman wrote: »
    I can, moods become very predictable at this stage.

Spook do we get stats on how long people stay in hospital ie 10% less than 1 day... 10% ... 1 week.... etc.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

pjohnson wrote: »

Why are you getting so offended? The fact you don't seem to understand reproduction rate shows you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    One day Ireland had a reproduction rate of 1.5
    Last week Ireland had a reproduction rate of ~0.7
    Big difference, bud.
    Not replying anymore cos you seem to be having a moody day or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭crossman47

ixoy wrote: »
    There's no chance around the household visiting and inter-county travel. Everyone I know of, who have been very compliant to this point, are travelling for Christmas to see family. Now a good few are cancelling mixing large numbers of households but they're all moving about. NPHET won't get their way here, no matter what they say.

.. And the government knows this will happen. They know they can't stop it (and the Gardai would have zero appetite at any rate). So I can see them just taking the advice on restaurants/gastropubs instead. I'd like for them to be open although I'd be probably a bit wary of attending one but I think the choice will be taken out of our hands. Maybe the compromise will to be limit it to tables of four or some such.

I think you're right but people shouldn't then blame the government when we get a major spike in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

harr wrote: »
    School outbreaks now taking hold , 12 in killkenny , 6 in a school in Tipperary and up to 20 In cork ..
    What’s causing the sudden school clusters, complacency setting in ?

Seems contact tracing did not contact the school about positive cases. The right to privacy has led to 450 kids missing two weeks of school and god knows how many vulnerable family members in for a tough time. Hard to not agree with the principal.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1126/1180714-cork-school-covid-19/
    The closure was advised by the HSE after 17 pupils and staff were identified with the virus.

Since then, more cases have emerged among pupils and staff and also among wider family members.

Those cases were identified by public health authorities, but the school says it was not alerted to them, and so for a crucial period remained entirely unaware of the extent of the presence of the virus within the school.

However, the principal of Gaelscoil Uí Drisceoil has said she believes that public health should be contacting school principals as a matter of course in order to verify any information they may receive.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1332044665881825280?s=20

eagle eye wrote: »
    Seriously, there is no condescension in that post.

In your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Why are you getting so offended? The fact you don't seem to understand reproduction rate shows you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    One day Ireland had a reproduction rate of 1.5
    Last week Ireland had a reproduction rate of ~0.7
    Big difference, bud.
    Not replying anymore cos you seem to be having a moody day or something.

Your 0.7 will rise sharply in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

speckle wrote: »
    Spook do we get stats on how long people stay in hospital ie 10% less than 1 day... 10% ... 1 week.... etc.
    thanks

Haven't seen anything like that. Not in CSO either

Epi - Epidemiological date is derived from the earliest of onset date, date of diagnosis, laboratory specimen
    collection date, laboratory received date, laboratory reported date, event creation/notification date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Your 0.7 will rise sharply in the coming weeks.
    That's irrelevant to the topic we were discussing.
    Cases occurring in 10-14 days time were seeded during level 5.

We're not going to see restaurants open next Wednesday and a case increase the day after, not how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

froog wrote: »
    whats the current theory from you lot - NPHET want a permanent lockdown until the end of time and to abolish pubs as well as building their media profiles for who knows what. and something about the world economic forum illuminati for good measure.

is that about right?

This is clearly related to the master plan for world domination and .....covid19 -covid-21, covid 24 etc . :pac:

Also none of them Drink! That's some coincidence with the pubs..........

534286.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Are the rest of Europe completely irresponsible for letting their population have some bit of a life before locking down again for short periods. Look at the UK today letting fans back in stadium's, fans already back in a lot of European countries. Why are we so Conservative in our thinking, if some people on here lived in other European countries they would lose their ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement