Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Not sure what thread for this, but Front View was one of my strong ap bets last year after his eyecatching second at Thurles in February. I left work immediately and ran straight over to Lads as they biggest for the Martin Pipe. I think he lost a shoe so had some excuses.

He'll only be out for a wee walk in the park today - but keep an eye on him.

Well i thought that was perfect. Is there a novice chase at Cheltenham for him? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Well i thought that was perfect. Is there a novice chase at Cheltenham for him? :confused:

The race that Imperial Aura won last year, the Northern Trust I think it was called last year, Novice handicap over 2m4f.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Pogue eile wrote: »
    The race that Imperial Aura won last year, the Northern Trust I think it was called last year, Novice handicap over 2m4f.

Hasn't that race been replaced by the new Mares chase?

That certainly rings a bell.

Maybe the festival isn't the target Slattsy, I know you said he was unlucky, lost a shoe etc. last year but having just watched back that race, ho looked to me like he didn't handle the course and hated the hill

That was on my mind but I wasn't entirely sure and was too lazy to go looking. That is the worry with Front View then.

It was only after I posted when I was thinking what he'd be aimed at and I couldn't think of a race!!

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    That certainly rings a bell.

Maybe the festival isn't the target Slattsy, I know you said he was unlucky, lost a shoe etc. last year but having just watched back that race, ho looked to me like he didn't handle the course and hated the hill

Think inexperience was a factor also. He didn't jump well either. I'd be inclined to give him another chance. Could revert to hurdles also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Speaking of the Mares Chase Le Bague Au Roi's price will shorten when she either wins of comes very close in the Ladborke Trophy this weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think Botox Has could be a decent horse. I've thrown a fiver each way at 66/1 for the Champion Hurdle. Looks to be an open race and he could shorten if he wins well at Newbury on Saturday.

The Moore's had a treble at Southwell today and Gary Moore's string getting hammered.

They nearly broke the bookies one weekend at Sandown a few years ago. It will be interesting to see how his 2 maidens go in first at Newbury tomorrow.

Looking forward to the stayers race and I have to have a fiver on both Honest Vic and Sam Spinner. Honest Vic looks progressive and while my Sam Spinner bet is speculative it will be interesting to see how he goes, Colliver in the saddle no better pilot and if could find his form again back over hurdles looks overpriced.

Also backing Fidux and Sully Duc Aa, win only. Fidux pulled from Cheltenham due to the ground so they both look interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

aidankkk wrote: »
    Speaking of the Mares Chase Le Bague Au Roi's price will shorten when she either wins of comes very close in the Ladborke Trophy this weekend.

She’s taken a bit of money this week too. 40s into 25s with PP pays 5 places and dual grade 1 winner as a novice. Worth a punt I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Flinteur Sacre out today. He could go stupid short after if he wins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Coneygree wrote: »
    Flinteur Sacre out today. He could go stupid short after if he wins.

Sometimes I think this entire forum is infested with professional layers acting the mick?

The horse has run twice and beat 6 horsies in a Kempton Bumper ( that has produced zero decent horses and not 1 winner) last February and is all of a sudden a 4/9 to win one of the hottest maidens in Newbury annually?

It is a joke of a price, I am having a lay.

Gary Moore had 3 wins yesterday, his 2 could literally be anything. Hobbs horse was going to win by a street at Exeter last time until he fell, The Skeltons are pouring on winners everywhere, throw in Sir Sholokov and the 2 Greatrix runners and you have a hot little maiden.

4/9 is madness, I don't care who is big half brother is. I might add that SS lost his maiden hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

i looked long and hard at her last night.

was a big fan, she was a joy to watch, a winning machine almost

then i realised this was 2 fecking years ago.

Usually when mares are finished , they are finished!!

she has ran like a drain since then , i thought she ran well the other day behind cyrename, then i copped she was beaten the guts of 25 lengths, weakened right out of it after travelling well .

she is on a good mark though!!!

New addition, Pertemps.

Tower Bridge at 25s pre qualifier and again today post qualifier at 20s.

Tower Bridge into 10s now. Jebuz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Epatante so good today

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

So much acceleration. Brilliant mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

That Epatante run likely be a great way of anyone that fancies an Irish one getting a bit of value. Shell likely shorten a tonne by this evening.
    What did she do there? Sceau royal has to make the running so was never going to run to his peak.
    She's good. Is she as good as her likely short price this evening will suggest? I'll say an emphatic no.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

What can beat her though especially with the 7lbs allowance. Wouldn't be touching her now as she could always pick up a niggle and miss the big one in March, you know the way these Mares can be

That 7lbs allowance is a right killer, I've always felt it was too much. Sceau Royal is a fine horse but like Top Notch, he's been messed around with over fences and hurdles. He's not a Champion Hurdler. I'm still willing to be on the Saint Roi/Aba/Saldier side. Epatante looks really good, and even though it was only gallops, she looked really good next to Altior when they were out in Newbury. But I can't have her for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭piplip87

Yorkhill is back lads, time to lump on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What race will yorkhill go for at Cheltenham? Lol!

• Advertisement

He's some clown of a horse :) Great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I adore yorkhill
    Backed him too
    That meant a lot to me
    Adore him

Epatante was awesome
    Absolute star
    Looks a shoe in for CH, but..... What if our own supermare bolts up tomorrow....
    Surely Henry will have to think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭kksaints

I wouldn't be rushing to back her based on today's performance. Never got into the race at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Epatante was awesome
    Absolute star
    Looks a shoe in for CH, but..... What if our own supermare bolts up tomorrow....
    Surely Henry will have to think about it

Hope honeysuckle goes mares....for my financial reasons obviously!!

Epatante electric!

akelly02 wrote: »
    Hope honeysuckle goes mares....for my financial reasons obviously!!

Epatante electric!

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭piplip87

Disappointed Sadlier isn't running today. I may be mad but that's my fancy for the CH.

piplip87 wrote: »
    Disappointed Sadlier isn't running today. I may be mad but that's my fancy for the CH.

I like him too. He's very unexposed and has the ability. It's worrying he hasn't been seen though and he's only ran twice in two years. He'll continue to go under the radar and might be worth backing again after this weekend with others dropping in price.

Coneygree wrote: »
    I like him too. He's very unexposed and has the ability. It's worrying he hasn't been seen though and he's only ran twice in two years. He'll continue to go under the radar and might be worth backing again after this weekend with others dropping in price.

The bolded part is the reason for my increasing ire with bookies, they will slash the prices of the top ones, sometimes before they even run, but yet this is never reflected further down the market.

• Advertisement

Triumph Hurdle winner just seen in Fairyhouse! Elliot has some team of juveniles.

Advertisement