Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wow you sound like a delightful person.
    So if you choose to marry a certain girl, is it ok for me to mock her to you because she's chubby or ugly but it's your belief that she's not ?
    Of course not, but i'm sure you'll get loads of thanks from other back clapping covert anti muslim types.

You need to learn the big big difference between ridiculing a person, and ridiculing an idea.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Multiculturalism has failed. It's time to ship these people back to where they came from.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Clearly i'm not, have a think about falsely accusing people in the wrong.
    the rest you have posted is nonsense.

Would you come into a thread about a woman being raped and say: "I don't agree with this, but...?"

But you feel it's okay to come into one about women being beheaded and say exactly that.

The perpetrator is to blame here, nobody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Agree. Identity politics and social media have fragmented populations. Every "tribe" is convinced they are righteous and the "other side" are evil and out to ruin their lives. No politician seems to want to unite people because politics has become a sport. "My team needs to win" by any means necessary.

I though Covid would be the one common denominator but even that has become a battleground. Maybe an alien invasion will be the only thing to unite us.

Agree, but even a discussion around what to do about these aliens would turn tribal at this point. I don't think the polarisation can be reversed until we all disconnect from each other a little bit - as stupid as that sounds.

Manach wrote: »
    You are a right comfort to those who lost their lives at prayer. You are a right something, but the thread charter prevent me specifing.

It's a fact that globally, religion is for the poor and uneducated. However unpalatable you may find that fact is entirely your issue.
    Also, you stay classy there.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I don't have to worry about being poisoned because I don't keep poison amongst my food.

Anyone advocating that I must, at no benefit to myself, keep ingredients in the house that may or may not be poison can take a head-long dive off a cliff.

A woman, having her head sawn off by a knife, in a church is just...I don't know how to frame the repulsion.

Pure and utter insanity.

Imagine a person being beheaded, fooking BEHEADED, in your local church. It's a vision of hell. Nations of people being shown to have the guts and honour of enfeebled kittens in protecting themselves, the weakness is quite frankly disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Amirani wrote: »
    Would you come into a thread about a woman being raped and say: "I don't agree with this, but...?"

But you feel it's okay to come into one about women being beheaded and say exactly that.

The perpetrator is to blame here, nobody else.

Nonsense, i have never blamed the victim it's obvious the perp is to blame can you actually read what i've said.

Every newspaper in the western world should be having pictures of the sky fairy Mohammed on the front pages of their publications tomorrow morning. Dress him up in a YMCA uniform to ram the message home that this is our way of life and we won't be changing. We must not be backing down and be cowered by these dickheads.

I wish all of the newspapers and TV channels would have the guts to do this. They can bleat all they want about "fearless journalism" - this for me is the true test of their bravery. If they all held their nerve, the Islamists couldn't target all of them, and more importantly the precedent would be set that violence WILL NOT WORK in curbing free expression.

Nonsense, i have never blamed the victim it's obvious the perp is to blame can you actually read what i've said.

ha. the perp.

I think you're changing your tune because it suits you. Earlier in the thread you were equivocating in your condemnation. In other words, you were condoning it.

Pick a position and stick to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I wish all of the newspapers and TV channels would have the guts to do this. They can bleat all they want about "fearless journalism" - this for me is the true test of their bravery. If they all held their nerve, the Islamists couldn't target all of them, and more importantly the precedent would be set that violence WILL NOT WORK in curbing free expression.

But it has worked to a certain extent. I agree with you but if your sitting in an office in Paris today with lots of employees you know personally in your building, can you be blamed for being afraid to put them at risk. Even though you might believe the cause of free expression is worth it could you risk others lives, be hard to live with that after if something did happen. And theres a very real chance something will happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

You've blamed the French for insulting Muhammad.

lol a complete lie, but then you are a rereg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No. They'd target weaker and easier people.

There's a difference between "fearless" journalism and "stupid" journalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Islam is a disgusting religion and is incompatible with our western way of life. Rampant homophobia, its attitudes to women and the way it tries to control every aspect of a person's life.
    Everyone should be free to live their lives the way they want without fear of violence.
    Look how that poor Australian woman was treated recently on a Qatar Airways flight..

You did say insulting mohammad was asking for trouble. I don't think it is.

Tony EH wrote: »
    No. They'd target weaker and easier people.

Like the attacker did today, you mean?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Arent we all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Such despicable acts, horrific these are carried out at all and that ordinary people have no control about who they share their towns with - It's hard to think anything will change the situation with extremist islamists - since 911 the muslim countries in Africa and the Middle East are becoming even more extreme, and this is where the change needs to happen first. The second is to stem the flow of immigrants who have extreme views (might be harder to ascertain) - But something has to be done, it's not just a symptom of living in a big city, town, county to have to suffer the odd act of terrorism, the authorities would come down heavy on all else it seems once they aren't seen to be affecting cultural rights - you only have to look at the UK and all the underage child abuse carried out and allowed to continue for fear of offending - who though?

I'm far from a political person. I'm just an ordinary person who would like to see Europe and countries I love, like France, not to have to live in fear of these monsters. If that means a radical change in the way immigration, the movement of people in general, and the way extreme Muslim countries are treated by the west, so be it. Who would invite this sort of torture on their people?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

When the photograph Piss Christ was produced, was there any violence from Christians towards the artist, or the galleries?

I don't think so, although I see reports of criminal damage of prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Of course it is, but it's equally insane to do something that you know will ignite anger in a huge section of society for no good reason but to make fun of their beliefs.

The thing is it's not equally insane at all. That sector of society need to work on their anger resolution, if that is the reaction they think is appropriate

• Advertisement

Pretzill wrote: »
    If that means a radical change in the way immigration, the movement of people in general, and the way extreme Muslim countries are treated by the west, so be it. Who would invite this sort of torture on their people?

How do you vet for potential psychopaths at immigration?

Ask them to draw a picture of Mohammad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Don't let them in unless they have a police cert or some documentation to say they're not criminals
    Like most people need when they move abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

A former prime minister of Malaysia outright said it's justified to kill millions of French people.

Not in an inferred way, not beating around the bush, just declared it out straight.

That's the attitude people are up against.

People saying that the media should put cartoons on as a defence. Really? You have a significant cohort of readily identified people that have no qualms or reservations about murdering you, and people want to retaliate with cartoons? And even THAT is too much to achieve?

People need to snap out of it and stop being cowardly sheep afraid of offending murderers. Its pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

You have said that the victim's actions provoked such a response, and that they should have been more careful to not do such things that evoke that kind of response

It is victim blaming

Don't let them in unless they have a police cert or some documentation to say they're not criminals

That's not a test to see whether someone is a psychopath or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Don't let them in full stop.

There are plenty of rich Muslim countries out there. Time for them to take their like in instead of spreading their hatred and barbaric ways to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Don't let them in full stop.

There are plenty of rich Muslim countries out there. Time for them to take their like in instead of spreading their hatred and barbaric ways to Europe.

It’s probably too late. There are many examples of the second generation getting radicalised into extremism. There will still be problems even if immigration is stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Who said anything about psychopaths? Psychopaths don't often have a reason - these people do, it should be easy enough to spot who is extreme in their religious beliefs - you infiltrate, you use intelligence. Also, another thing which may help is to stop the focus on political correctness and cultural appropriation for the sake of excusing something illegal or murderous.

• Advertisement

Pretzill wrote: »
    Who said anything about psychopaths? Psychopaths don't often have a reason - these people do, it should be easy enough to spot who is extreme in their religious beliefs - you infiltrate, you use intelligence. Also, another thing which may help is to stop the focus on political correctness and cultural appropriation for the sake of excusing something illegal or murderous.

There's always a reason. No matter who the psychopath is.

And clearly these people carrying out such murders have a serious level of psychopathic tendency to them.

But how does one go about detecting that at immigration stage?

It's not as "easy" as you seem to think it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement