Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This thread should be taken down nothing but divisive irresponsible crap forums should know better

Let's dig deeper.

Why do you think the thread should be taken down?
    Do you think we shouldn't have a discussion on the subject?
    Why would you want to censor an ongoing debate?
    What are your own thoughts on the subject? You're obviously pro Muslim immigration, can you tell us the benefits they'll bring to our country.

Thanks. (but I doubt you'll be back)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

amazes me how the people like the religious ones especially love to profess this idea that everyone is entitled to their beliefs.
    Muslims, Scientologists, Christians, etc, all believe in an invisible man and tell us its their right to believe in what they want.

But when an agnostic or atheist, lapsed person claims its all mumbo jumbo, santa claus for adults, suddenly the people who claim freedom of beliefs are all over those who has a belief system that differs.

If Islamics want people to respect Islam, then Islamic nutters have to accept other beliefs...but they refuse, so sod them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

amazes me how the people like the religious ones especially love to profess this idea that everyone is entitled to their beliefs.
    Muslims, Scientologists, Christians, etc, all believe in an invisible man and tell us its their right to believe in what they want.

But when an agnostic or atheist, lapsed person claims its all mumbo jumbo, santa claus for adults, suddenly the people who claim freedom of beliefs are all over those who has a belief system that differs.

If Islamics want people to respect Islam, then Islamic nutters have to accept other beliefs...but they refuse, so sod them.

They don't need our respect, fear will be enough.

I wonder will forum posters have to worry about concerned muslims calling to our homes directly, to discuss our misunderstanding of their faith?

Only when they're the majority in your neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭john123470

Only when they're the majority in your neighbourhood.

Isn't that a given.
    I mean they breed, excuse me, like rabbits

• Advertisement

john123470 wrote: »
    Isn't that a given.
    I mean they breed, excuse me, like rabbits

Read up about the intimidation tactics they've used in the UK once they become the majority in neighbourhoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Better to use the language of a Neanderthal, than excuse the actions of one.

Great line!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Many devout catholics find abortion, skimpy clothes on women, women spending time alone with men they aren't related to, sex before marriage etc etc offensive. Should we ban those too to spare their blushes (I'm agreeing with the orignal post) ?

Care to tell us the last time Catholics went and decapitated someone because they insulted their religion ?

PS please don't drag up fooking Uganda as the go to for christian religious nutters nor the handful of eejits in the Westboro Baptist Church.
    I have empathy for those hurt and killed in the recent tragedy and for Muslims across the world who will now get dogs abuse for the actions of a few

So decapitation is now a tragedy.

And here was me foolishly thinking it was murder and slaughter.

Ah but sure what about the real victims in this, the poor muslims who might be asked why the fook some of their fellow muslims believe it is ok to chop the head off someone because they said something about their religion.
    What's a large portion? The dozen or so implicated in the recent tragedies? Out of 1.5 billion people?

Except we all know it is not a dozen or so.
    There is widespread support for this mentality as obvious from the number of supporters backing a scumbag from Russia who happens to have gained fame and wealth by beating the heads in of other competitors.

Then just look at all the muslims foaming at the mouth like rabid dogs throughout the muslim world because the leader of France finally grew a pair of balls and said this carryon is not on.
    Give out about those Muslim hse workers when one of them saves you or a family member will you?

Ah yes the doctors, engineers and now supposedly nurses.

jmayo wrote: »
    Care to tell us the last time Catholics went and decapitated someone because they insulted their religion ?

PS please don't drag up fooking Uganda as the go to for christian religious nutters nor the handful of eejits in the Westboro Baptist Church.

How about we hear about such behavior in Europe. Since this is where we are, and where the problem exists.

Religious nutcases in non-European countries have no real relevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Notice how he says he loves the Prophet more than his family. Not loves God more but the prophet, a fundamentally flawed human being like us all. I would not want to he his son or daughter. Express any doubts or reject Islam and your daddy will honour kill you

He has a family who trained him to wrestle by fighting bears as a child so perhaps the lack of love isn't surprising :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

If a person finds inner peace and solace with religion, good for them, but when this invisible person in the sky is the excuse to decapitate others in the name of said invisible man, then you are clearly dealing with nutters.

If a priest told me god loved me, i would ask how does he know ? Does he speak to this figment of his imagination .

If people want to believe in god, all the best to them, but when you get to the point where some mental case can behead your wife on her way to the shop for a pint of milk, it ceases to be about freedom of belief, but people have the right to their safety and welfare.

These primitive backward thinking mental cases can hide behind religion, but lets call it what it ,they are brainwashed scumbag criminals committing violent acts or terror and anyone that defends that should be ashamed of themselves.

Some argue, and we have seen it here on boards, that we should refrain from drawing the ire of people belonging to this religion.
    We have to tiptoe round them and be willing to forego our own hard won freedoms lest we cause offense.

Well if they don't like our societies, want to live in a backwards, misogynistic, religious intolerant country, then there are plenty of muslim dominated sh**holes they are more than welcome to move to.

Appeasement never works with bullying types.
    Britain and France should most definitely have learned that lesson from their history.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/2/uae-minister-backs-emmanuel-macrons-remarks-on-muslims

A prominent United Arab Emirates minister has called on Muslims to accept the stance of French President Emmanuel Macron on his claims about the need for “integration” in Western societies.

“[Muslims] have to listen carefully to what Macron said in his speech. He doesn’t want to isolate Muslims in the West, and he is totally right"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My head cannot believe that most regular Muslim people have any allegiance to the head choppers. They are surely disgraced that these murderers claim to act on behalf of their religion.

There are many different layers to this problem. If we are too reactionary, we could make matters worse.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    My head cannot believe that most regular Muslim people have any allegiance to the head choppers. They are surely disgraced that these murderers claim to act on behalf of their religion.

There are many different layers to this problem. If we are too reactionary, we could make matters worse.

Well... I, for one, think it's time we made things worse, rather than limping along with no chance of any kind of resolution. (And I'm usually one of the reasonable people about these things, but I've had enough)

We've had two decades of concessions being given out to groups such as Muslims, about the manner in which they live in Europe, and... what has it achieved? It simply postpones the trouble, and leaves us weaker to deal with it in the future.

So.. perhaps it's best that we get this all out in the open, and deal with it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Not sure how indulging narcissistic tendencies helps. We could make matters worse.

Get up the yard ya...

What was I saying about appeasement :eek:

One would think that most muslims would indeed be disgraced by this, that most muslims do actually believe in equality, that most muslims do just want to get on with their lives.

But then you find that the majority of muslims in the UK, a lot of whom were born and reared there, believe that homosexuality is reprehensible and gay teachers could never teach their children.
    Then when you look closer you see that a hell of a lot do believe in sharia, a lot do hate Jews, a lot do think our women and young girls dress and act like whores.
    It is not a majority with these beliefs, but it is still a very sizable chunk of muslims.

It has been said many times, a majority of muslims are not and do not have to be terrorists, nor believers in sharia for it to be still a massive problem.

Anyone that takes their belief in islam anyway seriously are incompatible with modern western society and the values we espouse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement