Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

TomTomTim wrote: »
    No chance in hell. Canada is one of the worst progressive countries in the world. Justin had this to say about the recent attacks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism
    Progressivism is a political philosophy in support of social reform.[1] Based on the idea of progress in which advancements in science, technology, economic development and social organization are vital to the improvement of the human condition, progressivism became highly significant during the Age of Enlightenment in Europe, out of the belief that Europe was demonstrating that societies could progress in civility from uncivilized conditions to civilization through strengthening the basis of empirical knowledge as the foundation of society.[2] Figures of the Enlightenment believed that progress had universal application to all societies and that these ideas would spread across the world from Europe.[2]

There is nothing progressive in allowing medieval mentality to fester in isolated ghettoized communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

SCR is Wahhabi, Clonskeagh is Islamic Brotherhood(head sharia court for Europe) and Blanchardstown(smallest and UAE funded) are the true moderates. All are Sunni mosques

During the day, when churches are open, anybody can stroll in, have a look around, say a prayer.

Does the same go for these mosques?

As I walk along SCR, can I stroll in for a look around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

Geuze wrote: »
    During the day, when churches are open, anybody can stroll in, have a look around, say a prayer.

Yes of course you can. for bonus points go in wearing a miniskirt and a yarmukah or big orthodox crucifix

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭john123470

Geuze wrote: »

I don't think anyone's going to stop you having a look around .. not much to see. Its what happens behind closed doors that worries me - the members in that mosque that physically assaulted their muslim brothers for protesting the butchery of Christians at prayer ...

If they can assault their own for protesting the murder of innocents, what do they think of you and I ?

Who are they accountable to ? - the imam of the mosque ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Many devout catholics find abortion, skimpy clothes on women, women spending time alone with men they aren't related to, sex before marriage etc etc offensive. Should we ban those too to spare their blushes (I'm agreeing with the original post) ?

Yeah You are talking about Catholics from me nannies era (born 1918) and the very few devout's who are still alive. Even the ones who are still alive today don't fit into the image you seem to have of Catholicism now. Catholicism pales in comparison to Islam when it comes to the extremes. All of the examples you provided above should not be offensive to Catholics, yes they can be disgusted by them, which they are entitled to be but I don't get to judge them because they may "sin" differently to the way I do. Cast the first stone etc.

Religious beliefs should never provide any member of any religion with the excuse to engage in acts of terror like Islam have continuously engaged in to this present day. To conflate the two religions is disingenuous. Im Catholic and no one was murdered because boards.ie continuously allowed memes mocking Christ to remain on-site while any dissent or the mocking of anything to do with islam is removed immediately. We all know what is the problem here........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I don't remember any marches in Dublin protesting IRA bombings in the UK, or if they were, they didn't make the news.

Just because you’ve a poor memory doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/29/world/20000-rally-in-dublin-for-peace-in-north-and-against-ira-killing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Cordell wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressivism

There is nothing progressive in allowing medieval mentality to fester in isolated ghettoized communities.

That doesn't matter a damn to the adherents. The "progressive" element here is the multiculturalism that they are trying to achieve.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

This thread should be taken down nothing but divisive irresponsible crap forums should know better

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

This thread should be taken down nothing but divisive irresponsible crap forums should know better
    Mohammed? Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

The great thing about freedom of speech... is that YOU have it too.

Proceed...

• Advertisement

Divisive as in dividing the head from the body? European society is probably the most open and tolerant and least divisive in the world, and we are being abused because of our good nature.
    Hmm only post on boards and join date today. The next step will be attempts to de-rail this thread in order to get it closed

Mohammed? Is that you?

No just someone who wants to be a decent human being

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

If I buy a teddy bear for ten euro, call it Mohammed and sell it for 20 have I made a prophet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

We all want to be all decent human beings. Too bad they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Most on the forum are saying murder is not an acceptable response to being offended. That is hardly divisive. It’s just common sense. It is appropriate for people to look at the recent murders that have happened in Europe and ask questions regarding why it’s happening and what can be done to stop it.

In Ireland many of our darkest deeds were covered up and no one talked about it.

Being fainthearted is not decent.

Divisive as in dividing the head from the body? European society is probably the most open and tolerant and least divisive in the world, and we are being abused because of our good nature.
    Hmm only post on boards and join date today. The next step will be attempts to de-rail this thread in order to get it closed

Yeah I'm a new user so what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I suppose you've lots of empathy too?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Gervais08 wrote: »
    If I buy a teddy bear for ten euro, call it Mohammed and sell it for 20 have I made a prophet ???

No you have just made a false idol..say goodbye to your head

Yeah I'm a new user so what?

are you carrying water or are you a true believer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Yeah, let's pretend we don't have a serious problem with radical Islam. Maybe they'll go away and leave us alone then.

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I suppose you've lots of empathy too?

I have empathy for those hurt and killed in the recent tragedy and for Muslims across the world who will now get dogs abuse for the actions of a few

are you carrying water or are you a true believer?

?

Yeah, let's pretend we don't have a serious problem with radical Islam. Maybe they'll go away and leave us alone then.

What problem do we have in Ireland? A lot of our Muslim population work in the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

babaracus wrote: »
    You must have a poor memory then. Peace 93 garnered world wide attention and was never off the news here at the time.

I personally have never heard of peace93 and never seen them In the media however I see they were set up in response to Warrington which was getting hear the end

I have empathy for those hurt and killed in the recent tragedy and for Muslims across the world who will now get dogs abuse for the actions of a few

muslims are not getting dog's abuse for the actions of the few. They are being legitametly critised for the norms and behaviours of a large proportion of ISlam's adherents. The religious rules that have no place in the modern world or Europe are being called out

I know where the real blame lies for that.

Do you ?

Hint - it doesn't reside with an online discussion.

It was not a tragedy. It was cold blooded murder!!! and claiming muslim victimhood(hurt feelings) ahead of the poor innocent people murdered. Shame on you and all that think like you

muslims are not getting dog's abuse for the actions of the few. They are being legitametly critised for the norms and behaviours of a large proportion of ISlam's adherents. The religious rules that have no place in the modern world or Europe are being called out

What's a large portion? The dozen or so implicated in the recent tragedies? Out of 1.5 billion people?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I know where the real blame lies for that.

Do you ?

I am going to out on a limb and say that poster will say the nasty people who drew cartoons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement