Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭raclle

Wibbs wrote: »
    Other reasons are global politics and how that has affected areas in the Muslim world(and not just recently), the politics of today like that muppet in Turkey revving things up, the BS that is the multicultural politic which has failed wherever it's been tried, Europe being seen and becoming a soft touch by economic migrants(who the Muslim ME in general won't have a bar of), which has led to a radicalisation of predominately young men who've read little and see the west as the great satan and weak egged on by preachers with their own power interests in mind.
    I agree most of it is propaganda but also the environment they grew up in where torture and execution is a witnessed daily occurrence. Kids are been brainwashed and trained to kill. There are videos showing them kicking heads around the street like footballs. It would be easy for them to be radicalized and then sent out to commit these horrific crimes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Spare a thought for all of us non-white non-muslims whos going to be at the receiving end of it from both sides...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Tony EH wrote: »
    Actually Hitler was Catholic and stated that a strong church was essential to societal stability. Although he himself wasn't strongly bent toward organised religion himself.

Joseph Stalin trained to be a priest.

Neither men were atheist.

Hitler was a Neo-Pagan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

What drove irish men to do them?

Why doesn't it happen here?

What do we do differently?

France has freedom of expression for some not for others.

You can't wear headscarfs to school. But you can print racist cartoons.

Lots of muslims get attacked in racist attacks. They got one of ours so we get one of theirs.

Also poor guidance ..the dublin iman ..we are very lucky to have him.

I mean the guy who did the beheading was into ufc ...went to one of those gyms.

SOciety in general encourages all young men to be violent.

Video games etc.

Its all to blame.

Also ..a lot of refugees are deeply traumatized. And have been exposed to a lot of violence early on.

Holy Moly, if this attitude is widespread amongst Western Europe we might as well surrender now. Get those Jizya payments ready lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I think it's too late for the likes of France, Germany or Sweden tbh. We still have a chance but if im honest i think it's inevitable given the far left leaning political class in Ireland that end up in the same situation in 10-15 years time. :(

its likely to hit us worst of all as our media is far more disproportionately left wing than in other european countries , not once has the topic of immigration been discussed in our national parliament in twenty five years , not once ! , the subject is strictly taboo

the media here are prepared to go as far as inventing a " far right " bogeyman as a means of deterring any politcian or anyone else from speaking out about issues like immigration , the bone fides of asylum applicants etc

raise any of the above and be branded far right

• Advertisement

While that posters opinions usually veer from the farcical to the surreal and this case is no different, Islam is but one of the reasons. If it were only that simple.

Other reasons are global politics and how that has affected areas in the Muslim world(and not just recently), the politics of today like that muppet in Turkey revving things up, the BS that is the multicultural politic which has failed wherever it's been tried, Europe being seen and becoming a soft touch by economic migrants(who the Muslim ME in general won't have a bar of), which has led to a radicalisation of predominately young men who've read little and see the west as the great satan and weak egged on by preachers with their own power interests in mind.

It's not just that... Western nations, Europe, in particular, is seen as being weak. Fragmented. Pulling itself apart by all manner of idiotic notions, so it makes some sense to others that this is the time to add to the mix, and create even further points of discord. And they're not wrong... it is a good time to shake the boat, and further divide people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

While that posters opinions usually veer from the farcical to the surreal and this case is no different, Islam is but one of the reasons. If it were only that simple.

the USA has been meddling in south america for a century , huge numbers of deaths as a result of CIA interference etc , no jihadis sprung up

the actions here are symptoms of the nature of islam

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brazil names Nice knife attack victim as Simone Barreto Silva
    Woman, 44, had lived in France for three decades and worked as carer for elderly
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/30/brazil-names-nice-knife-attack-victim-as-simone-barreto-silva

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A young Tunisian man armed with a knife and carrying a copy of the Quran attacked worshippers in a French church and killed three Thursday, prompting the government to raise its security alert to the maximum level hours before a nationwide coronavirus lockdown.
    https://www.kbtx.com/2020/10/29/french-police-2-dead-in-knife-attack-near-church-in-nice/

Clearly ideology based attack. At least he's gone now.
    How many more ready to take his place?

biko wrote: »
    https://www.kbtx.com/2020/10/29/french-police-2-dead-in-knife-attack-near-church-in-nice/

Clearly ideology based attack. At least he's gone now.
    How many more ready to take his place?

I'd suggest millions.

Living in the backward assed areas of the M.East, and Africa, but thanks to NGOs/Politicians, have a reasonably decent chance of gaining entry into Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I think it's too late for the likes of France, Germany or Sweden tbh. We still have a chance but if im honest i think it's inevitable given the far left leaning political class in Ireland that end up in the same situation in 10-15 years time. :(

I suppose in France etc, there is a % due to immigration of French muslims, while ironically a lot of these attacks are by non French people. So the question should be how do you tolerate any religious extremists in France or elsewhere be they Christian or Muslim etc? e.g. a Christian fundamentalist burns down an abortion clinic or a Muslim etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’ve seen a few tweets along the lines of “Obviously, beheading of innocent people shouldn’t happen but...”.

But? BUT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭boardise

Tony EH wrote: »
    Actually Hitler was Catholic and stated that a strong church was essential to societal stability. Although he himself wasn't strongly bent toward organised religion himself.

Joseph Stalin trained to be a priest.

Neither men were atheist.

The fact that J Stalin trained to be a priest doesn't preclude the possibility that he changed his mind in later life. Just saying.
    Likewise, as is well attested ,many people emerge from a Catholic upbringing in a state of lapsed practice and general apathy ..they are Catholic in name only . The key activities of their life is not driven by Catholic doctrine -which they might struggle to articulate or understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I’ve seen a few tweets along the lines of “Obviously, beheading of innocent people shouldn’t happen but...”.

But? BUT?

It's the bigotry of low expectations. These people dont expect Muslims to conduct themselves is a civilised manner befitting the 21st century - show them a cartoon and they cant stop themselves sawing through people's necks - what did you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What drove irish men to do them?

Why doesn't it happen here?

What do we do differently?

France has freedom of expression for some not for others.

You can't wear headscarfs to school. But you can print racist cartoons.

Lots of muslims get attacked in racist attacks. They got one of ours so we get one of theirs.

Also poor guidance ..the dublin iman ..we are very lucky to have him.

I mean the guy who did the beheading was into ufc ...went to one of those gyms.

SOciety in general encourages all young men to be violent.

Video games etc.

Its all to blame.

Also ..a lot of refugees are deeply traumatized. And have been exposed to a lot of violence early on.

Only catching up on the thread now and came across this post.

Fcuking hell... wow.

Fcuking hell... wow.

That train of thought is not only baffling, it's worrying. It really paints a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Fcuking hell... wow.

Yeah clearly UFC and video games are the problem here....

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

biko wrote: »
    Brazil names Nice knife attack victim as Simone Barreto Silva
    Woman, 44, had lived in France for three decades and worked as carer for elderly
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/30/brazil-names-nice-knife-attack-victim-as-simone-barreto-silva

RIP

Bolsonaro should ask France to extradict him to Brazil. In the jail there he will have plenty of fun specially if mixed with some transexual with AIDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Fcuking hell... wow.

Yeah that is everything wrong with apologists in that post! You disagree with them bang you get reported!

It's the bigotry of low expectations. These people dont expect Muslims to conduct themselves is a civilised manner befitting the 21st century - show them a cartoon and they cant stop themselves sawing through people's necks - what did you expect?

I suspect it's the case where someone gets into the habit of providing excuses for terrible acts simply because they fall into a 'minority' group or is somehow seen to be 'disadvantaged'. It no longer matters what they have done, it's more important to be seen to be 'compassionate' or more understanding than others.

I've noticed that such people have no problems with ignoring the many contradictions with such a stance.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Yeah that is everything wrong with apologists in that post! You disagree with them bang you get reported!

they even tried to say anyone who see a bearded muslim...you know those people that can marry children and stone women to death, as hairy and a predator is a racist.

Thats right, they think criticizing a made up guy in the sky is racist, they dont know the difference between race and religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

They did.

They became israeli soldiers.

They became Nakam!

Mocking muslims is not the same as mocking islam. And when hebdo confuse shia symbols with sunni symbols maybe they should NOT until they educate themselves.

Why would any rational person want to pursue even passing education in the ins and outs of middle Eastern cults? If you have giving this nonsense more than a moments thought you'd want to have a mental health check up.

Anyway, I'm with the US Marines on these wacky fcuks. "Kill em all, and let God sort em out"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

In any democracy you should be allowed make fun of any sky god you like in my considered opinion.

Well. You might want to avoid offending members of the Jewish faith in Britain then. Not saying you'll get beheaded for it, but it seems they can throw the statute book at you if you do, and at your employer if he/she doesn't chastise you for it.

Now please, I am not saying there is an equivalence between "deplatforming" and beheading: the former is just ridiculous whereas the latter is murderous and unconscionable. But condemning one should not imply approval of the other.

Think I'm exaggerating?

Read the full EHRC report into "Antisemitism in the Labour Party" here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

But? BUT?
    what was after the but?

That train of thought is not only baffling, it's worrying. It really paints a picture

I would tell that poster to go take a walk through Paris or certain parts of London to see what mass immigration of Muslims looks like.

I've a feeling that poster is a woman though... So maybe not.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    what was after the but?

The usual stuff that you'd expect from a butt.... A load of ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I would tell that poster to go take a walk through Paris or certain parts of London to see what mass immigration of Muslims looks like.

I've a feeling that poster is a woman though... So maybe not.

I went to Lille once and was afraid to walk the streets alone during the day, a mate came with me. It is vile - in the age of Me Too and Time’s Up this filth are allowed to prey on women openly in the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I suspect it's the case where someone gets into the habit of providing excuses for terrible acts simply because they fall into a 'minority' group or is somehow seen to be 'disadvantaged'. It no longer matters what they have done, it's more important to be seen to be 'compassionate' or more understanding than others.

Be in no doubt. The enemies of the west recognise this compassion/tolerance/fear of being called bigoted, weaponise it and turn it against us.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I went to Lille once and was afraid to walk the streets alone during the day, a mate came with me. It is vile - in the age of Me Too and Time’s Up this filth are allowed to prey on women openly in the street.

I lived in south London for a few years and honestly, at times you'd be afraid to walk anywhere once the sun sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

But? BUT?

They were White People and Christian and deserved it.

Somthing like that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement