Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I agree.

However the cartoon isn't about blasphemy.Shias don't actually care about imagery. And there are films with muhammed in them.

The cartoons are very racist. They depict muslims as ugly ..hairy ...predators.

But yes they take offence easily. Its arab culture.

Manners tho...go a long way within that culture.Although its not always genuine.

yes, how dare we think people with beards are hairy.

how dare we think people who stone women, marry children which makes them rapists in my eyes are predators.

By the way....in case you dont know mocking islam or laughing at it is not racism.
    Islam is a religion not a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I agree.

However the cartoon isn't about blasphemy.Shias don't actually care about imagery. And there are films with muhammed in them.

The cartoons are very racist. They depict muslims as ugly ..hairy ...predators.

But yes they take offence easily. Its arab culture.

Manners tho...go a long way within that culture.Although its not always genuine.

You must not have seen many of the Catholic priest cartoons, especially the ones about being predators.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No the USSR instigated the fine print of the non aggression pact.

Russia and Germany had signed a non aggression pact before September 1939. Germany invaded Poland from the West and Russia from the East.

Russia wasn't invaded by the Germans until the middle of 1941.

Russia did not join "...the second world war because he knew hitler was going to invade russia", as you put it.

They were already part of the war.

Red : I love your vibes

You think WW2 was over atheism.
    you think Islam is a race not a religion
    You think video games cause people to be violent.

priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

yes, how dare we think people with beards are hairy.

how dare we think people who stone women, marry children which makes them rapists in my eyes are predators.

By the way....in case you dont know mocking islam or laughing at it is not racism.
    Islam is a religion not a race.
    The cartoons are not about islam. The people who draw them don't know enough about islam for them to be about islam ironically.

They are about arabs.

They stigmatize muslims not because of beliefs ..but by saying they are sexual predators and backwards etc.

If you made those cartoons about jews ..you would be called a bigot.

• Advertisement

Red : I love your vibes

You think WW2 was over atheism.

No. I have never stated this.
    you think Islam is a race not a religion

I think you could call it an ethnicity. An identity.One that encompasses other identities.

You think video games cause people to be violent.

I do.

The cartoons are not about islam. The people who draw them don't know enough about islam for them to be about islam ironically.

They are about arabs.

Again you spout utter nonsense and your opinion as if it were fact.

How do you know the people who drew the cartoons dont know about Islam

where is your facts to spout this rubbish.

Again you spout utter nonsense and your opinion as if it were fact.

How do you know the people who drew the cartoons dont know about Islam

where is your facts to spout this rubbish.

Because they mix up sunni symbols with shia ones for a start.

Tell me "I love your vibes"

how come the MILLIONS of people who witnessed horrific violence in world war 2 never returned home and starting beheading people.
    But playing call of duty makes them violent and want to behead people ?

and no matter how you squirm, deflect and try spin your answers, islam is not a race, so mocking a religion is not racist, as there are while muslims.

Do you know how ridiculous your comments are. ?

Tell me "I love your vibes"

how come the MILLIONS of people who witnessed horrific violence in world

They did.

They became israeli soldiers.

They became Nakam!
    and no matter how you squirm, deflect and try spin your answers, islam is not a race, so mocking a religion is not racist, as there are while muslims.

Mocking muslims is not the same as mocking islam. And when hebdo confuse shia symbols with sunni symbols maybe they should NOT until they educate themselves.

• Advertisement

I give up. I am worse to be arguing with some who thinks call of duty will want to make people behead people and who cannot differentiate between race and religion,

good night

I give up. I am worse to be arguing with some who thinks call of duty will want to make people behead people and who cannot differentiate between race and religion,

good night
    I enjoyed speaking with you.

Goodnight. x :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I do.

71_Violent-Crime_Image1.png

Youth-violence-and-video-game-sales-data-Video-game-sales-data-source-The-NPD-Group.png

BloodBath wrote: »
    71_Violent-Crime_Image1.png

Youth-violence-and-video-game-sales-data-Video-game-sales-data-source-The-NPD-Group.png
    Correlation.

Fallacy.

Besides not all video games sold are violent. That is ALL video games not merely the violent ones.

We learn nothing from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The top 10 selling games every year usually contain 1 or more of the following - a call of duty title, GTA, red dead redemption, Battlefield, the last of us, resident evil, mortal kombat, street fighter and a bunch of other violent games as well as the cutesy cartoon violence of Nintendo games like super smash brothers and Zelda.

The majority of the audience for these games are adolescent boys/men. Again proving you know nothing about the topic.

The simple fact is consumption of increasingly realistic violent games has massively increased while adolescent violent crime has massively decreased in the last 20 years.

Your assertion that violent games and MMA increases violence in young men is pretty hard to back up with empirical statistical data that suggests the complete opposite.

If you made those cartoons about jews ..you would be called a bigot.

Being called a bigot is a million miles from being decapitated.

good night

Don't worry, ILoveYourVibes always just takes the opposite stance of the majority opinion / common sense in a thread :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Russia joined the second world war because they knew hitler was going to invade russia.
    God lord you really have no clue. What is staggering is that you have such confidence in your ignorance and plough on regardless. To be fair I've heard similar from some Russians whose view of their Great Patriotic War is still heavily tempered by old style Soviet propaganda, but the historical facts are a bit different.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

john123470 wrote: »
    Its very simple. Islam's avowed (unspoken) goal is world domination. Sure, they come here and, for most part, are peaceful. They'll send their kids to school, find work. Then will come the 2nd and 3rd generations who will want more rights. Their rights will (inevitably) conflict with your rights and youre going to have confrontation.

Muslims primarily believe in Sharia over State laws.

We shd be a lot more wary about what exactly takes place in our own central mosques eg Clonskeagh mosque which has figured on the media over recent years.

Our politicians dont really care - no surprises there but we have us a problem ..

Not all Muslims are terrorists and many will deplore the recent murders .. but why are they not out marching on the streets .. disowning it ? What is stopping them - fear ?

We got us an elephant in the bedroom and its not leaving anytime soon

There was a march for peace a few years back. I think the Imam in Blanch organised it. One of his followers went to hand out leaflets in Clonskeagh mosque and had the tar beaten out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

No the USSR instigated the fine print of the non aggression pact.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

any muslims worth keeping in europe will be ok with the prophet being mocked like Jesus is etc

the progressive left are so profoundly arrogant that they believe these muslims with tenth century mindsets can be turned into social democrat voters with enough irish times pieces by ellen coyne or fintan o toole

deBeauvoir wrote: »
    I believe that having a multicultural society should be accepted by now, I just don't believe we should pretend that we all like each other and each group should stop agitating to undermine each other

Seriously, what are we going to do about the Muslims who are here now! (oppress them, make them convert?) Unlike other progressives, I feel the same way for the Christians and Jews too. I don't like them being undermined too.

Ironically, that's what they'd make you do if they were a majority. Would you convert, just to keep the peace and not "agitate" them? :pac: Sorry, but they're not interested in your "progressive liberalism" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

biko wrote: »
    How do we prevent it from ever happening again?
    Realistic answers only.

I think it's too late for the likes of France, Germany or Sweden tbh. We still have a chance but if im honest i think it's inevitable given the far left leaning political class in Ireland that end up in the same situation in 10-15 years time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

What drove irish men to do them?

Why doesn't it happen here?

What do we do differently?

France has freedom of expression for some not for others.

You can't wear headscarfs to school. But you can print racist cartoons.

Lots of muslims get attacked in racist attacks. They got one of ours so we get one of theirs.

Also poor guidance ..the dublin iman ..we are very lucky to have him.

I mean the guy who did the beheading was into ufc ...went to one of those gyms.

SOciety in general encourages all young men to be violent.

Video games etc.

Its all to blame.

Also ..a lot of refugees are deeply traumatized. And have been exposed to a lot of violence early on.

Such nonsense, you'll be blaming Marilyn Manson next :rolleyes:

Islam is the reason. Stop makig excuses for these savages.

Wonder if it was that idiot Banksy's boat that brought him to Italy in the first place.

Will we see him unveil a mural to the poor beheaded woman :confused:

I won't hold my breath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Such nonsense, you'll be blaming Marilyn Manson next :rolleyes:

Islam is the reason. Stop makig excuses for these savages.
    While that posters opinions usually veer from the farcical to the surreal and this case is no different, Islam is but one of the reasons. If it were only that simple.

Other reasons are global politics and how that has affected areas in the Muslim world(and not just recently), the politics of today like that muppet in Turkey revving things up, the BS that is the multicultural politic which has failed wherever it's been tried, Europe being seen and becoming a soft touch by economic migrants(who the Muslim ME in general won't have a bar of), which has led to a radicalisation of predominately young men who've read little and see the west as the great satan and weak egged on by preachers with their own power interests in mind.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

There was a march for peace a few years back. I think the Imam in Blanch organised it. One of his followers went to hand out leaflets in Clonskeagh mosque and had the tar beaten out of him.

The Imam in blanchardstown is a English speaking, well spoken man that came across on RTE as a Muslim with a conservative view and very much protested against the atrocities done by fellow Muslims. He has an open dislike and distrust of the clonskeagh Imam who has zero English despite being in the country decades. The Blanch Imam questioned the teaching and aggression coming from the Clonskeagh mosque.

Now, I'm not sure if the Muslim world is run in a similar fashion to the Bible thumpers of the north and parts of the US, whereby the outward projection of the head of the groups views are more important than the teachings of the holy book they reference (I'm thinking Paisley and some of the loons that hate everything in the US). So, is the Blanch vs Clonskeagh thing a spat for followers or political. To put it another way, as a Catholic, you can rock up to pretty much any church and get the same message as it's central points is driven from the pope. Doesn't appear to be the same in Muslim world.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Tens of millions of Muslims are living peacefully in Europe. The numbers involved in terrorist acts are absolutely tiny : we're talking 0.00001% or something. The ones that resort to violence are often unstable misfits, sometimes with suicidal tendencies. Dying in a hail of police bullets is an easier way of checking out of this life than doing it to themselves.
    Wrong,
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11433776/Quarter-of-British-Muslims-sympathise-with-Charlie-Hebdo-terrorists.html

Over a quarter of British Muslims have some sympathy for the motives behind the Charlie Hebdo massacre
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/one-four-british-muslims-have-some-sympathy-motives-behind-charlie-hebdo-attacks-10068440.html

This is only beginning, those are the people we need kicked out of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Islam isn't the problem. The liberalism that allowed Muslims to settle in France in the first place is the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement