Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Went for a walk, big splashes from the sea, few drinks at the couch inn now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Went for a walk, big splashes from the sea, few drinks at the couch inn now.

I've just walked into the table inn. First jar of the weekend. Gonna have a few scoops and then look at the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭thomil

Chillin' in the South Window café here. Not really feeling pub-licly minded :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Did the forecast predict the weather today?
    I went into the local town to get groceries and was blown around the streets. It was quite wild out there for a while.

To thine own self be true

Might meet you coppers later so? :pac:

Sounds good! :D

• Advertisement

Did the forecast predict the weather today?
    I went into the local town to get groceries and was blown around the streets. It was quite wild out there for a while.

Fairly accurate for my part of the world. Still howling out there. The cats bladder is bulging.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Waiting for pizza to cook. Movie and pizza night here with minions. Princess Diaries 2 here this week. Mr Sam is beside himself with anticipation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm at the couch bar and am like G's cat, except I'm bursting with the excitement of a wild night out instead of pee.

*sigh*

I'm at the couch bar and am like G's cat, except I'm bursting with the excitement of a wild night out instead of pee.

*sigh*

Ah I hear you. Did the Christmas goodies shop yesterday evening. It was a miserable experience. We'd usually head into Costa for a break so Mrs G could have a sit down with tea and cake. Can get a takeaway but all seats in the shopping centre are sealed off for months now. We'd end the evening in a bar with pints and food, then taxi home. But yesterday was straight in, do what you have to do and drive home. Gaggin for real pints of an evening. Miss eating out with work, as I never paid for it!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah I hear you. Did the Christmas goodies shop yesterday evening. It was a miserable experience. We'd usually head into Costa for a break so Mrs G could have a sit down with tea and cake. Can get a takeaway but all seats in the shopping centre are sealed off for months now. We'd end the evening in a bar with pints and food, then taxi home. But yesterday was straight in, do what you have to do and drive home. Gaggin for real pints of an evening. Miss eating out with work, as I never paid for it!

I think most of the Christmas shopping will be done online this year and by the time the shops reopen, they'll have lost out to online.
    I've most of my shopping done now, all online. Its really sad to see the small local shops missing out. I always try to buy in the local towns.
    I'm resting my laurels on the couch watching the GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'd commit a crime for a cappuccino. Violent if necessary. I want remember the last time I had one. Must be February.

Quiet and thoughtful here. My cousin was buried today. I watched his mass online. It was a beautiful service and his family did him proud. Heartbreaking to see his wife and siblings with their faces wearing that 'blown apart' expression of shock and grief.

I think most of the Christmas shopping will be done online this year and by the time the shops reopen, they'll have lost out to online.
    I've most of my shopping done now, all online. Its really sad to see the small local shops missing out. I always try to buy in the local towns.
    I'm resting my laurels on the couch watching the GAA.

Yeah same here. All pressies bought online even small gifts that we'd pick up while out browsing around.

Listening to a megamix from 1986 and suppin a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ah Sardi, that's heartbreaking. His poor family must have felt so lonely. I can't imagine watching a funeral online and wanting to hug the bereaved.

This really is the sh1ttiest of sh1t years in every way imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

It was a lovely, bright morning earlier so I got up to go for a walk ...

... I'm now tableside looking out at the rain. :mad:

What time did you go for the walk?

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    What time did you go for the walk?

Are you a peeping Tom? :D

I've just realised I've been wearing my top inside out all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

First drink in a week, had a feast of running all week and a feast of hurling today !!
    Golf on, cans chilling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, watching coronation street on youtube back in the beginning (in 1960!), and drinking a can of coke :)

No migraine appeared last night/this morning, thank god :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A busy evening folks. A submission to the Virgin Media Discovers Competition is being made. Absolutely buzzing here!

I wish you all the best you have set the bar very high my friend!

I wish you all the best you have set the bar very high my friend!

Thanks for watching my old stuff A and the feedback. However the bar is set by others and getting over it will be a thrill in itself. In fact trying to reach the bar will be a buzz.:D I'd just love a decent budget someday.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Snap!! I just met my good friend for lunch and an evening pint. We went to Grogans. Thinking about going home now and dolling myself up and heading back in tonight. I've wanted to tryout that House place on Leeson St for a while.
    Where were you?

I hadn't realised anywhere in town was open atm. It's months since I was in Dublin. Do people there still frolick on the streets and exchange cheerful smiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Great evening of good sport and strictly :) Happy Auto :)

kowloon wrote: »
    I hadn't realised anywhere in town was open atm. It's months since I was in Dublin. Do people there still frolick on the streets and exchange cheerful smiles?

I was joking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting with my feet up , exhausted . Absolutely rotten day here too , time for 48hrs :Mystery , can't beat crime tv on a rotten night .

Delighted with life after my burger and wedges. Now for takeaway pints!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I was joking :D

I'm really not firing on all cylinders today :o.

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm really not firing on all cylinders today :o.
    I know what you mean. Check your geansaí isn't inside out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

On the couch taking it easy. Katie Taylor vs Gutierrez fight is being streamed for free by sky sports on YouTube at half ten for anyone who's interested.

I can almost taste the Christmas in the air recently. Roll on! Think we all need and want a bit of magic this Christmas 2020. Let's finish off this year with a bit of craic. Irish shtyle... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I know what you mean. Check your geansaí isn't inside out.

That’s supposed to be lucky :)

Couchside watching The Voice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭3d4life

Giving Ms Taylor a walkover and going to bed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement