Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Going nowhere but my bed.
    Well occasional forays to two other rooms..;)

Winter is yelling and screaming; still no pain meds. and the impasse is rock solid.

But the weather relented just enough to let the groceries get over yesterday, so my cats and I are … in clover.. Can you hear the cupboards and fridge etc groaning? Our ferrymen are heroes. Coal and turf at the gate...

Life gets so weary and these "small "things then mean so much.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A busy evening folks. A submission to the Virgin Media Discovers Competition is being made. Absolutely buzzing here!

Ooh Grandeeod, I was just reading about that today. That's so exciting. I'll have everything crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Stroop waffles and tay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ooh Grandeeod, I was just reading about that today. That's so exciting. I'll have everything crossed for you!

Cheers BB. Its a start without expecting anything. I've been away from the scene so long, it's time to get back in the game and pop my name back into things. Mrs G is in on it too as she brought a fresh perspective and a very surprising new narrative to it all. What will be and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Happy weekend folks.
    Just listening to the story about Bloody Sunday on the LLS. It's so hard to think that was only 100 years ago.
    The Tipperary team are to wear a tribute jersey to the anniversary this weekend in their hurling match.
    We have such a sad and bloody history in this country.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Best of luck Grandeeod , nothing ventured nothing gained , and a great way for you and Ms G to work together on something out of the norm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Countdown is on for Sunday's 'I'm A Celebrity' kick off :)

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, my eyesight has gone funny (sign of an incoming migraine) so I think I'll head to bed, night folks x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Countdown is on for Sunday's 'I'm A Celebrity' kick off :)

I've never watched it before but I will be watching this cos I love Jordan North. He's scared of everything and I reckon he'll be funny and great television.
    I'm couchside eating a white magnum. So good:)

Porklife wrote: »
    I've never watched it before but I will be watching this cos I love Jordan North. He's scared of everything and I reckon he'll be funny and great television.
    I'm couchside eating a white magnum. So good:)

Oh, who's he?

Watching jazz divas on beeb 4

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh, who's he?

Watching jazz divas on beeb 4

He's a Radio 1 presenter and he has a podcast that's very funny called Help I sexted my boss.
    He's a real typical northern bloke from Manchester who loves a pie an a pint. No airs or Grace's and just sound

He's a Radio 1 presenter and he has a podcast that's very funny called Help I sexted my boss.
    He's a real typical northern bloke from Manchester who loves a pie an a pint. No airs or Grace's and just sound

Ah, I might give that a listen. Winter be watching I'm a celeb though. To many Crawley things, yeugh

SnowyMay wrote: »
    Couchside watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air (now there's one for the PC-sensitive types!)

Had the examination for the zing zing laser earlier today, and still feel stoned from the pupil dilating eye drops. My eyes look like 3rd day in Electric Picnic style.

Are you eligible for it Snowy? I had it done 6 years ago and it's the best thing I've ever done.
    My eyesight is still perfect and I was blind as a bat before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Couchside watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air (now there's one for the PC-sensitive types!)

Had the examination for the zing zing laser earlier today, and still feel stoned from the pupil dilating eye drops. My eyes look like 3rd day in Electric Picnic-style.

Are you eligible for it Snowy? I had it done 6 years ago and it's the best thing I've ever done.
    My eyesight is still perfect and I was blind as a bat before!

Hey Porklife!!

Oh yeah? You got it? I've heard nothing but positive stories so far. Nerves come in every now and again, but more positive than nervous. (Although you'll see me next week climbing down a fire escape from the House of Lasers :D)

I think the same re. it being a great decision though - been wearing glasses/contacts since about 12, and now is finally the time! Tried it a few years ago, but chickened out after the exam. Feel pretty good about it thought. Staff seem nice, and am eligible and will get it next Thursday.

This time next week, I'll be all like - hey, I can see this thing from far away; with no contacts. That's pretty exciting!

How's you and l'il bean getting on? :)

SnowyMay wrote: »
    Hey Porklife!!

Oh yeah? You got it? I've heard nothing but positive stories so far. Nerves come in every now and again, but more positive than nervous. (Although you'll see me next week climbing down a fire escape from the House of Lasers :D)

I think the same re. it being a great decision though - been wearing glasses/contacts since about 12, and now is finally the time! Tried it a few years ago, but chickened out after the exam. Feel pretty good about it thought. Staff seem nice, and am eligible and will get it next Thursday.

This time next week, I'll be all like - hey, I can see this thing from far away; with no contacts. That's pretty exciting!

How's you and l'il bean getting on? :)

I'm delighted for you Snowy, it will be the best decision you've ever made. It's natural to feel nervous about it but they'll give you a valium beforehand and it's all over in the blink of an eye (sorry, I couldn't resist:p) Afterwards they'll give you a sleeping tablet and super strong painkillers so you'll sleep for hours when you wake up ta da..you can see!! Well, it takes a few days to recover but honestly it's so worth it.
    Little bean is doing great, thank you so much for asking:) I found out yesterday hes a boy bean and I'm really excited about that, its what I was hoping for...I can call him Mr. Bean:)

I'm delighted for you Snowy, it will be the best decision you've ever made. It's natural to feel nervous about it but they'll give you a valium beforehand and it's all over in the blink of an eye (sorry, I couldn't resist:p) Afterwards they'll give you a sleeping tablet and super strong painkillers so you'll sleep for hours when you wake up ta da..you can see!! Well, it takes a few days to recover but honestly it's so worth it.
    Little bean is doing great, thank you so much for asking:) I found out yesterday hes a boy bean and I'm really excited about that, its what I was hoping for...I can call him Mr. Bean:)

Congratulations on Baby Boy Bean!! :D Ah, that's awesome. A little Bouncing Baby Boy Bean. :) Ok, will stop now.. Delighted for you too.

Thanks a lot for for laser info! Really good to read.

And if I have worry during the surgery, I'll think of that "blink of an eye" pun; and how to retaliate. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Baby boy bean :) brilliant description

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grr, can't see my dragon eggs in my signature but everyone else's sig is ok :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, big test today, Corona test nbr 40.

I have the cleanest nostrils in the world :)

• Advertisement

Cleaner even than mutt's nostrils?. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Wearing my new Peacock suit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It was a lovely, bright morning earlier so I got up to go for a walk ...

... I'm now tableside looking out at the rain. :mad:

I'm looking at an accuweather minutecast thing here it seems great for forecasting rain, maybe it'll help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭3d4life

Cleaner even than mutt's nostrils?. :p

And hopefully not as moist ...

3d4life wrote: »
    And hopefully not as moist ...

There isn't many who can clean them with their own tongues :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Hope you are all keeping well :)

What a day :) Happy Saturday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am in a pub after having a big feed of fine food and now enjoying a few beers with my besties.
    Or maybe not.

I am in a pub after having a big feed of fine food and now enjoying a few beers with my besties.
    Or maybe not.

Snap!! I just met my good friend for lunch and an evening pint. We went to Grogans. Thinking about going home now and dolling myself up and heading back in tonight. I've wanted to tryout that House place on Leeson St for a while.
    Where were you?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭global23214124

Snap!! I just met my good friend for lunch and an evening pint. We went to Grogans. Thinking about going home now and dolling myself up and heading back in tonight. I've wanted to tryout that House place on Leeson St for a while.
    Where were you?

:pac:

Might meet you coppers later so? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement