Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

thomil wrote: »

I lived in Prague before that, and my school bus route went right through the heart of the city, past most of the major sights. It's absolutely beautiful, and Prague is one of my favourite cities on this planet, but when you're just trying to get home after a long school day and the bus can't move an inch because you're surrounded by herds and herds of tourists, you don't really care about the beauty of the place anymore!

Please stop. I can't take any more of this tragic account! If only Dickens were around,he'd use you as inspiration for a character more heart rending than Oliver Twist, Little Dorrit and Tiny Tim put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Seph that is the cutest little gif :)

I’m afraid in primary school I also had homework and it got worse in secondary school and I would get a lot done over the weekend but always some left to do on Monday morning. Not enough time to get it done over the weekend. Was working aswell. Every teacher gave loads on Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭thomil

*hears the word food and peeks in*

r3mqytk.gif

Ah, come here you. Can't have you starving outside the window! ;)

**slides over a plate**
    Please stop. I can't take any more of this tragic account! If only Dickens were around,he'd use you as inspiration for a character more heart rending than Oliver Twist, Little Dorrit and Tiny Tim put together.

Yeah, it was a tough life :pac:
    Now sounds more Agatha Christie than Enid Blyton

That's the reality of life in the mountains. Avalanches in the winter, flash floods and landslides in the summer, plus winter lows around -28°C.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Seph that is the cutest little gif :)

I’m afraid in primary school I also had homework and it got worse in secondary school and I would get a lot done over the weekend but always some left to do on Monday morning. Not enough time to get it done over the weekend. Was working aswell. Every teacher gave loads on Friday :(

Well there's a cat in it so of course it is :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thomil wrote: »
    Ah, come here you. Can't have you starving outside the window! ;)

**slides over a plate**

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The shape of me arse must be imprinted on the couch. Nearly scared to look..

Remembering "The Chalet School" series... Thanks Thomil. :D
    What an interesting childhood though, challenging too I guess. Mine was split between here and the US, cultural dissonances were interesting at times.

Speaking of the (ahem) 70's/80's... Listing to Kirsty MacColl, she was the best... They Don't Know was from 1979, FORTY ONE YEARS AGO :eek: how mad is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, also had homework in primary, usually an essay for the weekend and it got a lot worse in secondary, glad those days are gone:)
    Night one and all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭thomil

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Remembering "The Chalet School" series... Thanks Thomil. :D
    What an interesting childhood though, challenging too I guess. Mine was split between here and the US, cultural dissonances were interesting at times.

Tell me about it. Austria and Germany are generally very similar (enraged shouting from both sides of the border :P ), but are just different enough to REALLY trip you up!

All this talk of Austria got me nostalgic and after some digging I found two full boxes of photos from that time I didn't know I still had. My scanner is about to work overtime :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back to sneezing again. It's been on and off for months my poor feckin nose..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Booo to sneezing!

I sneeze about four times in a row every weekday morning. It seems I have an allergy to getting up for work.

But here it's a sunny autumny Monday, and all is right with the world.

Have a good day lovely people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Another excellent weekend away from the interwebz :)

Currently waiting for DHL to deliver my new phone. It's gonna be a long day!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

There was a brief fire in the sky this morning in Sandycove.

533025.jpg

That sky......^^^^ just wow

Deskside with a cup of the sweet stuff, this caramel coffee is going down well I won't lie :3

A gorgeous pink sky and a mug of caramel coffee *yoink*. This is looking like a good day after all!! :)

Happy morning everyone!! :)

A gorgeous pink sky and a mug of caramel coffee *yoink*. This is looking like a good day after all!! :)

Happy morning everyone!! :)

*is looking gazinly out the window*

Ya what a da.......

*looks down*

Where's me coffee gone :eek::eek:

:pac:

Where's me coffee gone :eek::eek:

:pac:

I have one here buddy.... plenty to go around! :rolleyes:

Ahhhh cheers dave!

@Dave, do you have any pets?

@Dave, do you have any pets?

Nope. Used to have 2 goldfish, Bruce and Wayne, but they died.

• Advertisement

Nope. Used to have 2 goldfish, Bruce and Wayne, but they died.

Awww :( sorry about Bruce and Wayne.

There's a pet photo competition over in animal and pet issues. If you had a pet I was thinking you could get some good pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work thinking about getting some grub delivered to the house tonight. I normally love cooking but ya know - need to support the local economy!

Haven't had take out in an age. Might pencil that in for Thursday

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office and flat out busy. Have to start really getting my Christmas plans sorted out this week!

Afternoon all :) The funeral took place this morning and it’s so sad watching it over the internet.

Dinner is cooking and I’m looking out at the rain very therapeutic :) Life is too short!

Deskside, DHL delivered my new iPhone. Is it OK to love an inanimate object?

Is it the 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My new phone got delivered too. It's not fancy though. The last one was fancy with a "guerrilla " indestructible screen....I smashed it within 6 weeks (over 20 yrs of owning a phone never once broke or lost one, i break the indestructible one ) left it broken for a year as couldn't face the repair fee, got it fixed. 2 months later screen gone again .

Anyone recommend a good shop/site for phone cases? I've never had one before but maybe old age is making me clumsy :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Is it the 12?

12 Pro Max (Not a fan of the Pro Max name at all....) but I am happy with the phone :)
    My new phone got delivered too. It's not fancy though. The last one was fancy with a "guerrilla " indestructible screen....I smashed it within 6 weeks (over 20 yrs of owning a phone never once broke or lost one, i break the indestructible one ) left it broken for a year as couldn't face the repair fee, got it fixed. 2 months later screen gone again .

Anyone recommend a good shop/site for phone cases? I've never had one before but maybe old age is making me clumsy :D

Indestructible screens... I don't believe in them.. I had to learn how to replace screens when I had my iPhone 7, I literally broke the screen 10 times, after the second time I said I had better learn how to do it myself.

Ya can't beat amazon for screen covers, you might invest in a screen protector too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,509 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Evening all, what a miserable day in every sense. I might join others in getting a takeaway, I've barely the energy to order food, nevermind cook it.

Thomil, I'm jealous of your Alpine childhood. It sounds so exciting comparing to walking to school here.

Cali, was "They Don't Know" not a Tracey Ullman song?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement