Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just another example of Ted not learning how to deliver a comedic post.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I thought i didn't get it :P

As Bob Monkhouse said

'People used to laugh at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well they're not laughing now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I feckin love that one! Trouble sleeping?.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, it’s that time of day again, sun is belting through my window, expected to reach 33C. this afternoon as I go to work, missus gets her first AZ vaccine tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Feck this it’s too early to be awake :D. I’m having a lie in today :)

We’ll see how long it will last :D

I feckin love that one! Trouble sleeping?.

Yep, drifted off there for a bit.

Time to put on the game face & get up.

At least with WFH, that mode doesnt need much resetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Ah no.. Hope you can sleep it off.

Nope :D

Back to bed with you so!.

Back to bed with you so!.

Wish I could, reality bites, but thank you Grem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Morning all, back in my own apartment :)

Wide awake too early here :(

Hope you feel better soon inbetween, that was me yesterday :( am ok today thankfully

In other news, its all change regarding my autism presentations, the manager who got the idea about the presentation has left, and the person who did the presentations with me has also left too (bit sad about that as we clicked quite well).

Anyway a new manager is due to start in the coming weeks, im gonna be forwarded on the new managers email address when she starts. Then I'll email her and introduce myself. I'll probably have a different/new partner for doing the presentations with as well. Hopefully we'll be able to continue with the presentations, once covid is over :)

Speaking of which, I must update the presentation, as im no longer writing my book

Did a lidl shopping (see what I did there) now home with tea.

Oh take a bow Thomil, very good :)

I see we have comedians among us :D Time for walkies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hosed myself down, hosed Grumpy down, time to put on a wash then feed and muck out my furry purries.

Cloudflare time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Back at the desk. Got up at half 8 for my 9am class this morning, then realised I hadn't seen the meeting details posted anywhere. Turns out we had no class, so I did what any reasonable person would do, I got back into bed :D

Great news! Grumpy's finally got a date for his hernia repair! Next month. Not looking forward to the stress and worry of the procedure or his aftercare which, based on experience from last time, will a nightmare, but I am relieved something is being done about it at last. It's very hard to deal with the flair ups on my own here and the fear that it's strangulated when it does cause him extreme pain, knowing that emergency surgery will most likely kill him. Yesterday's flair up emptied me out emotionally. Having to act calm for him and go into auto pilot and try to manually reduce the hernia while inside I'm terrified, thinking, 'is this it?'' I'm glad that is coming to an end soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

You're doing an amazing job Sardonicat. Caring for a family member takes so much emotional courage and you're handling it so well.

Bedside but coffee is calling

Sardi, have some congratulatory boobly hugs :)

• Advertisement

Got an update on my cousin, he had a stroke on Friday, in hospital and it seems alcohol withdrawal symptoms have really kicked in since yesterday, they thought he'd had another stroke at one point.
    Scans are clear on that side, so awaiting an MRI now

Got an update on my cousin, he had a stroke on Friday, in hospital and it seems alcohol withdrawal symptoms have really kicked in since yesterday, they thought he'd had another stroke at one point.
    Scans are clear on that side, so awaiting an MRI now

Oh that's stressful, hope you are managing with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Kitchenside having a bit of lunch.
    Sardi, do you get any assistance with "Grumpy", don't burn yourself out
    Take care all:)

Great news Sardi and it’s nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

In between fingers crossed your friend gets better soon :)

Boss is looking for his lunch now :D

Oh that's stressful, hope you are managing with it..

Aw yeah, it's his sons who are struggling, based too far away to see him.

Oh that must be so distressing. Is there any reason they cant treat his alcohol withdrawal? It seems nuts to leave him on a condition that poses a risk for another stroke so soon after having one. I hope he pulls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Was the stroke related to alcohol? It's crazy how severe alcohol withdrawal can be. I've thankfully never experienced it but I've seen my dad in some awful states over the years where ive had to call an ambulance. Mad thing is more booze can make it stop albeit temporarily but i find it fascinating that this thing that caused it is also what cures it.
    Hope he pulls through god love him.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh that must be so distressing. Is there any reason they cant treat his alcohol withdrawal? It seems nuts to leave him on a condition that poses a risk for another stroke so soon after having one. I hope he pulls through.

I think they're waiting for.the MRI scan today...he's being managed at the moment, seems the stroke wasn't a very bad one, so it's a wait and see situation..2 of his brothers died from alcoholism, so it's something we've seen before

Porklife wrote: »
    Was the stroke related to alcohol? It's crazy how severe alcohol withdrawal can be. I've thankfully never experienced it but I've seen my dad in some awful states over the years where ive had to call an ambulance. Mad thing is more booze can make it stop albeit temporarily but i find it fascinating that this thing that caused it is also what cures it.
    Hope he pulls through god love him.

We actually joke that the alcohol keeps him alive...his whole lifestyle is horrific.. he'll forget to eat for days on end, so we're not too sure if the stroke is related or not, will find out over the next few days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, very busy, but preparing to finish up work for the day soon.

Zoom yoga class later - looking forward! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement