Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Another one from this morning. My new pal.

540864.jpg

Thats next Christmas' cards sorted for you, Dave. Poor little dote, I feel so sorry for them this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Thats next Christmas' cards sorted for you, Dave. Poor little dote, I feel so sorry for them this weather.

Great idea Sardonicat! :D Ya know he (or she) seemed happy as pie hopping around. I told him he could spin by my apartment as I always make crumbs for the small birds and leave them on my balcony.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Loaded with tea and painkillers i have just cleaned the oven.. Now for six slices of toast :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside at the coalface. Busy getting through my usual Monday mountain of work emails...

Part of one of my pre-molars came out eating toffee last night. :( So just sorted a dentist appointment for Thursday. Oh joy of joys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, wondering whatever my boss has been smoking lately. Those requests he‘s sending are just insane...

Oh, and does anyone happen to have a fire extinguisher lying around? I seem to have over done it with the chillis for lunch... :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Starting narcos and hot water bottling my back :)

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside, wondering whatever my boss has been smoking lately. Those requests he‘s sending are just insane...

Oh, and does anyone happen to have a fire extinguisher lying around? I seem to have over done it with the chillis for lunch... :pac:

:D:D:D I had chilli for lunch Thomil, I’ve a spare extinguisher I’ll send it over!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's a very curious looking robin, Batman!

I'm bored and yet still procrastinating about work I've to get done fairly sharpish. All I want is my bed.

That's a very curious looking robin, Batman!

I'm bored and yet still procrastinating about work I've to get done fairly sharpish. All I want is my bed.

I'm working from bed :) Could you do that?

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Deskside at the coalface. Busy getting through my usual Monday mountain of work emails...

Part of one of my pre-molars came out eating toffee last night. :( So just sorted a dentist appointment for Thursday. Oh joy of joys!!

Oh. My sympathies :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm working from bed :) Could you do that?

I technically could, but if there was work in the bed I'd lie on the floor. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Could just about make out my house from 40,000 feet.

540895.jpeg

Fog slowly lifting up mountain sides, Eritrea north of Asmara

540896.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

JupiterKid wrote: »

I once pulled out a filling while eating a curly wurly. Most expensive piece of chocolate I ever ate.

It was a wisdom tooth (which apparently should never have been filled), so dentist decided on extraction.

120 for the extraction
    50 for follow up appointment 2 days later
    30 for painkillers as I had dry socket
    3 days off work.

Curly wurlies now banned from the house :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I technically could, but if there was work in the bed I'd lie on the floor. :P

You would make a terrible Hooker! :pac:

That said, so would I - I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow these days.

Workside. Working... arguing with DHL. They’re actually the worst shower going.

Tunes - George Michael Best of... can’t beat a bit of Careless Whisper.

Home from topup food shop, back in jammies, back is annoyance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sardonicat wrote: »

Little feckers. I left out a load of food ball for them this weekend on the feeder hanger and not one bird has stopped by yet.
    Cocking their beaks up at my food!

To thine own self be true

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I once pulled out a filling while eating a curly wurly. Most expensive piece of chocolate I ever ate.

It was a wisdom tooth (which apparently should never have been filled), so dentist decided on extraction.

120 for the extraction
    50 for follow up appointment 2 days later
    30 for painkillers as I had dry socket
    3 days off work.

Curly wurlies now banned from the house :mad:
    I have a filled wisdom :eek:
    I'm also waiting on a replacement filling on a molar that came out by itself. It's causing no pain or trouble thankfully.

Car side. I had to go to Boots for necessaries cheap necessaries. Out I come with make up brushes, glowy body cream, hair bobbins, and shimmery blusher.

Also I got a quote for fancy pants chairs for the wedding, nearly €900. Jaysus.
    I have a vision dammit!!!! :pac:

I'm high as a kite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Little feckers. I left out a load of food ball for them this weekend on the feeder hanger and not one bird has stopped by yet.
    Cocking their beaks up at my food!

Mine are doing the same, they haven't touched the feeders at all.

Neighbours cat has been spotted doing it's business in front garden, but no signs in the back garden.

We've been feeding them for a few years now (baby in highchair, looking out at birds = 5 mins peace :) )

Suddenly we're not worthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Sorry Dave but your friend Rusty has some nice photos up ;):D but you certainly can’t beat Careless whisper :)

I now would love a curly wurly :D Instead I’m tucking into a lovely homemade beef stew :)

Grem I hope your back gives you some relief :)

My birds love my seed and fat balls so I don’t know what Ye are doing wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all :) Sorry Dave but your friend Rusty has some nice photos up ;):D but you certainly can’t beat Careless whisper :)

I now would love a curly wurly :D Instead I’m tucking into a lovely homemade beef stew :)

Grem I hope your back gives you some relief :)

My birds love my seed and fat balls so I don’t know what Ye are doing wrong :D

All birds love fat balls

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭thomil

Getting started early today, are we? :pac:

Tableside, just finished dinner. Feeling pretty bleh today, can someone please fast forward to Friday?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

tenor.gif

It's not working Thomil!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The pair of Robins in my back garden actually show up looking for food at first light. I oblige everyday. One morning, one of them was literally on the step at the patio door waiting. I don't bother with feeders. The crows etc get distracted with food left overs at the back of the garden, while the little lads are treated nearer the door.

As for the talk of complaining about work, I know it's a cliche, but you really don't know how lucky you are in the current circumstances to actually have a concrete reason to get out of bed in the morning even if it's working from home. I'm not lecturing in any fashion (I appreciate people have personal circumstances) but I haven't had that work experience in 10 months. Any work I have done since then has been very very limited and the rolling restrictions make it impossible to get my new start up going too. It's been two steps forward and three steps back in all aspects of my work situation. But I don't stay in bed all day. New reasons and routines had to be developed to keep us all sane and the mental health ship afloat. School was one of them with Ms G. Now that it's at home, we simply adapted the day and got an extra hour in the leaba as a result.:D Most days I don't use it, but Mrs G and I insist on Ms G being at her laptop by 8.45am Mon-Fri. at the latest.

Financially, it's been a fooking disaster, but only in terms of "extras" in terms of stuff we have no choice but to go without. I won't be changing the car anytime soon and holidays in any shape or form in better times will be a complete no no. However we eat well, enjoy a few drinkies at home, the odd takeaway and the bills have been paid. The savings have taken a hit, but my recent luck of winning a small few quid on Euromillions helped top the savings back up after a few little treats. At some point we will need to dip in again. It's horrible for me being on the PUP. Fooking hate it, but if it wasn't provided, we would be in a way worse state.

Sorry for the ramble lads. I really am. We are all in a decent place in the G house. It's very different to the pre covid days and never had the chance to adapt to me working in London earning a fooking fortune.:mad: Take any positive you can from any life changes due to this poxy virus. It aint easy. Appreciate the work day trudge to the office, home office or wherever it happens. Feckin hell, I said this wouldn't be a lecture and now it reads like a sermon.:D Stay cool and safe all!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The pair of Robins in my back garden actually show up looking for food at first light. I oblige everyday. One morning, one of them was literally on the step at the patio door waiting. I don't bother with feeders. The crows etc get distracted with food left overs at the back of the garden, while the little lads are treated nearer the door.

As for the talk of complaining about work, I know it's a cliche, but you really don't know how lucky you are in the current circumstances to actually have a concrete reason to get out of bed in the morning even if it's working from home. I'm not lecturing in any fashion (I appreciate people have personal circumstances) but I haven't had that work experience in 10 months. Any work I have done since then has been very very limited and the rolling restrictions make it impossible to get my new start up going too. It's been two steps forward and three steps back in all aspects of my work situation. But I don't stay in bed all day. New reasons and routines had to be developed to keep us all sane and the mental health ship afloat. School was one of them with Ms G. Now that it's at home, we simply adapted the day and got an extra hour in the leaba as a result.:D Most days I don't use it, but Mrs G and I insist on Ms G being at her laptop by 8.45am Mon-Fri. at the latest.

Financially, it's been a fooking disaster, but only in terms of "extras" in terms of stuff we have no choice but to go without. I won't be changing the car anytime soon and holidays in any shape or form in better times will be a complete no no. However we eat well, enjoy a few drinkies at home, the odd takeaway and the bills have been paid. The savings have taken a hit, but my recent luck of winning a small few quid on Euromillions helped top the savings back up after a few little treats. At some point we will need to dip in again. It's horrible for me being on the PUP. Fooking hate it, but if it wasn't provided, we would be in a way worse state.

Sorry for the ramble lads. I really am. We are all in a decent place in the G house. It's very different to the pre covid days and never had the chance to adapt to me working in London earning a fooking fortune.:mad: Take any positive you can from any life changes due to this poxy virus. It aint easy. Appreciate the work day trudge to the office, home office or wherever it happens. Feckin hell, I said this wouldn't be a lecture and now it reads like a sermon.:D Stay cool and safe all!

I tip my hat to you G and everyone dealing with these tough times / circumstances. Some days I pi$$ and moan to myself and it’s really not justified. I know we’re all allowed to feel how we feel, but at the end of the day I guess we know in our guts if we’re really badly off or not. You can use the time to make the new startup extra awesome and just take over when we get out! :D

Definitely Grandee, I count my blessings that the show goes on for me in (a very different landscape of) work. I don't do well outside routine so it's a blessing.
    Plus PUP sounds so gammy :D
    I'd be giggling going into the post office asking for my puppy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Definitely Grandee, I count my blessings that the show goes on for me in (a very different landscape of) work. I don't do well outside routine so it's a blessing.
    Plus PUP sounds so gammy :D
    I'd be giggling going into the post office asking for my puppy :D

The Puppy goes into my bank account.:D No hiding it from the tax man.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Couchside after an unexpected busy Monday.
    Not overly impressed.

• Advertisement

I can't wait for the big wherers night out when we're all vaccinated! Where will it be happening?? I vote for Kilkenny!! Grand and easy for me to get to. Or Wexford. If you're going to make me travel a distance, then I'll suggest Galway please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement