Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Nothing from any of the vendors, and I use all of them. They are making so much money from it not sure why they wouldn't go to France etc and set up something similar

It is true, I did not fake this screenshot. :pac:

Being discussed here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

ozmo wrote: »
    Not easily - its 12v - so higher than usb 5v - but you could do it with one of these and a reasonable sized usb powerbank

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DigitCont-Compatible-Generation-Voltage-Converter/dp/B07K9RR3PK

Amazon used to sell docks for the larger alexias with a built in battery- dont know if available for dots.
    amazon do have docks for the echo dot but because of the battery can ship.it via air travel i persume. wonder if any where in ireland do them??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Nothing from any of the vendors, and I use all of them. They are making so much money from it not sure why they wouldn't go to France etc and set up something similar

Cost would be a factor in shipping from France

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Nothing arrived in my inbox, nothing on Twitter or Facebook and the fact dpd employed extra 700 staff last month and expanded their depots and are recruiting artic drivers this month makes it all a bit odd
    Could the email be fake ? Time will tell I guess
    This is the last email I got from pw

Not fake. Anything over €22 coming from the UK is liable for Irish VAT. The current situation where anything from Amazon.co.uk destined for here gets adjusted to Irish VAT is an EU thing that ends 31st Dec.

• Advertisement

Nothing arrived in my inbox, nothing on Twitter or Facebook and the fact dpd employed extra 700 staff last month and expanded their depots and are recruiting artic drivers this month makes it all a bit odd
    This is the last email I got from pw

Smart plugs anyone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B086X424Y6/ref=gbmg_mob___9e95dc93?smid=A2DIVGJ02MAPPR&dealid=9e95dc93

The email is not fake, it's from dpd.ie.

Fair enough, seems odd it’s not sent to everyone or on their website is all but it’s probably best to keep that in the courier thread I suppose

Any amazon bargains around ?

Just one more point on that. When I click the unique "update subscription preferences" link in that email I see the following:

mWFttuH.png

So those who didn't get this email must have at least one of those boxes unticked. Not sure how to access that page directly through your PW dashboard though.

But yes, back to the Amazon bargains. :)

Fair enough, seems odd it’s not sent to everyone or on their website is all but it’s probably best to keep that in the courier thread I suppose

Any amazon bargains around ?

Any Amazon bargains from yourself? You love the aul preaching about what others post, only thing is you have a massive gap in the say do department

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Soarer wrote: »
    Not to completely derail this thread,

ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha (not aimed at you specifically Soarer, but it's a bit late after nearly 50 pages with more posts that have nothing to do with bargains than actual bargains on this thread)....

Anker wireless earbuds £29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ablelocks wrote: »
    ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha (not aimed at you specifically Soarer, but it's a bit late after nearly 50 pages with more posts that have nothing to do with bargains than actual bargains on this thread

Maybe it's just me but I think this is a pretty awful sale so far with very little real bargains.

Lots of cheap crap that they ordinarily can't shift I'd imagine but nothing I've seen on the site that has made me think "better grab this"

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I think this is a pretty awful sale so far with very little real bargains.

Lots of cheap crap that they ordinarily can't shift I'd imagine but nothing I've seen on the site that has made me think "better grab this"

the lack of bargains is no excuse for posting irrelevant ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Can fire sticks be used in conjunction with a projector?

Might try set that up as a second TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Fitz* wrote: »
    Can fire sticks be used in conjunction with a projector?

Might try set that up as a second TV.

If it has HDMI yes

the lack of bargains is no excuse for posting irrelevant ****e.

Not irrelevant though. A lot of the Black Friday deals cannot be shipped direct to Ireland and PW etc. would need to be used. The black Friday sale goes until the end of the month so they will be shipped close to when PW shuts down.

Not irrelevant though. A lot of the Black Friday deals cannot be shipped direct to Ireland and PW etc. would need to be used. The black Friday sale goes until the end of the month so they will be shipped close to when PW shuts down.

there's a couriers forum for that.

This is a thread about bargain alerts on amazon only. and people should have the ability to decide if what they are typing is a bargain alert or not. If not, go to the relevant thread or forum and type it there.

It should be easy but obviously it's not.

Last time i comment on it, upto mods to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

They have the Razer Kraken headsets reduced by 46%.

I am on the hunt for a decent pair and these do come recommended. Not a brand that is normally associated with audio but these are good.

The HyperX Cloud II Alpha headsets come highly recommended and are used by a lot of pro gamers. 21% off.

there's a couriers forum for that.

This is a thread about bargain alerts on amazon only. and people should have the ability to decide if what they are typing is a bargain alert or not. If not, go to the relevant thread or forum and type it there.

It should be easy but obviously it's not.

Last time i comment on it, upto mods to sort it out.

And yet you have no problem going off topic when you have an opinion yourself.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115269253

This is a thread about the Amazon Black Friday sale and anything relevant to that sale. If you're not interested in some posts, then you don't have to reply to them. I'm sure the PSA about PW has saved some people who aren't aware of the obscure couriers forum some time and hassle if and when they saw a good deal on a TV towards the end of the sale that wouldn't ship to Ireland.

py2006 wrote: »
    They have the Razer Kraken headsets reduced by 46%.

I am on the hunt for a decent pair and these do come recommended. Not a brand that is normally associated with audio but these are good.

The HyperX Cloud II Alpha headsets come highly recommended and are used by a lot of pro gamers. 21% off.

Perhaps also consider these "like new" ones from the warehouse for £50.76. :)

Perhaps also consider these "like new" ones from the warehouse for £50.76. :)

Comes up as €83 for me :confused:

Comes up as €83 for me :confused:

The discount is applied at the end. Make sure you choose the used like new ones and not the new ones. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 declan_06

Has anyone got experience with any of those projectors going from 50/60 sterling? I was thinking of getting one, have a room with blinds and curtains so can get it very dark, but do you think they would be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭xtal191

Do Amazon deliver on Sundays now? Saying some of my orders will arrive tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

xtal191 wrote: »
    Do Amazon deliver on Sundays now? Saying some of my orders will arrive tomorrow

I've had deliveries the last three Sundays.

I spend too much money on Amazon

The discount is applied at the end. Make sure you choose the used like new ones and not the new ones. :)

USed? So I gotta clear our somebodys earwax :eek:

USed? So I gotta clear our somebodys earwax :eek:

All of the "like new" items I have bought over the years have either been unopened but with damaged boxes or opened but never used. If you are unlucky you can always return it. :)

All of the "like new" items I have bought over the years have either been unopened but with damaged boxes or opened but never used. If you are unlucky you can always return it. :)

oohhh, I am liking the way there is a further discount at checkout!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

54and56 wrote: »
    I'm sceptical about this.

1. I'm a PW user and haven't received a similar email.

2. Why close on Dec 11th and forego the pre Brexit Xmas rush?

3. Their website says nothing about the ending of the service, it's still advertising for new customers - https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie
    Likewise. Two of us here are PW users and have heard nothing either.
    The email is not fake, it's from dpd.ie.

It's like trying to argue with Trump supporters.

Re. bargains - if you're looking for Hue bulbs Amazon seem to be bundling them with other stuff. For example, this.

€10 for two Hue bulbs when you add them to and Echo Show. Other examples too.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Purchased 3 smart plugs last night at 11:30pm and they arrived just there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

antodeco wrote: »
    Which ones did you get?

I have 4 in my basket for 30 STG

TECKIN Smart Plug 13A WiFi Smart Socket Works with Alexa Echo Google Home, Timing Function Remote Control No Hub Required 4 Pack

Probably don't need 4 but no doubt they'll be handy for hard to get at sockets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

antodeco wrote: »

Smart service!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement