Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Amazon is just playing people now with the sales
    Give it a rest ffs and take your soap boxing elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

ozmo wrote: »
    I got the Ring 3 last sale

Pros:
    * It came with a free Echo Show - watch out for that deal
    * It connects to the existing bell using the existing door wires - no need for chime - it rings old style bell and charges from the wires.
    * The V3 records before the event happens - main reason I got it.
    * It also rings on all the Echos and my phone (a bit overkill sometimes)
    * Good fish eye view

Negatives:
    * You pay per year - not much, but still more than free with other doorbells
    * ok in dark when close up - but not to end of driveway.
    * had to use 2.4Ghz wifi - wouldn't work well even short distance with 5ghz - but we have both from Virgin media hub so wasn't a big deal switch it over.

Isn't there an option without any annual fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Isn't there an option without any annual fee?

yes - it still works - gives a live video feed to phone and echo dots and show when someone rings the bell.

So you have a record someone rang the bell or motion happened in the garden - but wont know who if you missed it.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Redlim

Posted on the home automation page but putting it here also for visibility :

Lightning deal on amazon for tado. Ends at 3pm today.

tado° Wireless Smart Thermostat Starter Kit V3+ with Hot Water Control, Works with Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VXBMC14/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_wo9TFbSZKHATZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The firestick is well worth getting if you haven't one - and is reduced to under 30 pounds - has built in Alexa. 4K res etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7?tag=camelalerts-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

The firestick is well worth getting if you haven't one - and is reduced to under 30 pounds - has built in Alexa. 4K res etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7?tag=camelalerts-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB

Would there be any point/advantage if you already have an android tv box(Mecool Km9 Pro)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Have a budget of about 600e to spend on a laptop. If anyone has any recommendations that they see in the sales please let me know

buyer95 wrote: »
    Have a budget of about 600e to spend on a laptop. If anyone has any recommendations that they see in the sales please let me know

Huawei Matebook
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085YM9K63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_7Q9TFbFYKC77Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These were recommended during the prime day sales. There's a thread on them on boards.

€490 atm. Keep an eye on it and see if it drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Would there be any point/advantage if you already have an android tv box(Mecool Km9 Pro)?

Hard to say unless you provide specific details on your box specs to be fair.

The android boxes are poorly built except for a specific few and are outperformed by the stick when in same price range usually.

In the higher price range they are outperformed by the Cube.

Any higher just get the Shield.

Redlim wrote: »
    Posted on the home automation page but putting it here also for visibility :

Lightning deal on amazon for tado. Ends at 3pm today.

tado° Wireless Smart Thermostat Starter Kit V3+ with Hot Water Control, Works with Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VXBMC14/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_wo9TFbSZKHATZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

IIRC this doesn't naturally support multiple zones. You'd have to put thermostatic valves on each rad to replicate heating zones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Huawei Matebook
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085YM9K63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_7Q9TFbFYKC77Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These were recommended during the prime day sales. There's a thread on them on boards.

€490 atm. Keep an eye on it and see if it drops.

I bought one of those a couple of months ago based on the Laptop forum recommendations - it's superb and great value. No regrets at all

Hard to say unless you provide specific details on your box specs to be fair.

The android boxes are poorly built except for a specific few and are outperformed by the stick when in same price range usually.

In the higher price range they are outperformed by the Cube.

Any higher just get the Shield.

Thanks, here's the spec
    https://www.androidtv-guide.com/streaming-gaming/mecool-km9-pro

Sold out unfortunately since yesterday

I shouldn't do this as there's clearly a link to Geekbench scores on the link you provided and you should be able to make the jump to check what the scores of a Firestick is and compare that way...

However:

You're at the same level as a 1st Gen Firestick 4K.

Firestick probably does a better job of supporting audio and visual codes properly however.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Currently unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

buyer95 wrote: »

look for refurbished on ebay. you will get twice as much for your money. only problem is second hand laptop battieries would only last 1 to 2 hours.

i do this all the time. just need to check rating of seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Can anyone tell me the difference between Fire tablet with ads vs tablet without ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

rco2000 wrote: »

Currently unavailable

The Firestick was showing unavailable for me today and for the past week. When i changed my delivery address on the right hand side of the product page to Parcel Motel / Wizard it became available for me.

Just in case its happening to anyone else.

Can anyone tell me the difference between Fire tablet with ads vs tablet without ads?

There are ads on the lock screen with the ads one. I have gotten a good few with ads over the years. On each one I got onto chat and told them it was a present for a child and they disabled the ads for me free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

look for refurbished on ebay. you will get twice as much for your money. only problem is second hand laptop battieries would only last 1 to 2 hours.

i do this all the time. just need to check rating of seller.

That is quite the problem

• Advertisement

I shouldn't do this as there's clearly a link to Geekbench scores on the link you provided and you should be able to make the jump to check what the scores of a Firestick is and compare that way...

However:

You're at the same level as a 1st Gen Firestick 4K.

Firestick probably does a better job of supporting audio and visual codes properly however.

Sorry I didn't see the link and didn't realise to compare their test scores.

brightkane wrote: »
    The Firestick was showing unavailable for me today and for the past week. When i changed my delivery address on the right hand side of the product page to Parcel Motel / Wizard it became available for me.

Just in case its happening to anyone else.
    I had my mates address in NI set as default but noticed at the top of the page that delivery would be to here in Donegal. Clicked on that and set the default NI address again and low and behold the 4k fire stick was listed again but with stock available from 28th November.

muffler wrote: »
    I had my mates address in NI set as default but noticed at the top of the page that delivery would be to here in Donegal. Clicked on that and set the default NI address again and low and behold the 4k fire stick was listed again but with stock available from 28th November.

It caught me out for a week! Glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I've noticed a few items, that I have been keeping an eye on over the last few weeks, have gone up in price in the last few days and today.

I expect these to be reduced in the coming days to previous price under the pretense of 'Black Friday'

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Fire he 10 back down to 89 sterling. Decent tablet

muffler wrote: »
    Sold out unfortunately since yesterday

Oh - it was showing available to buy for me today at 29.99

I guess this is one of those scalper things - buy up all the stock when cheap - and sell for 55 to 70 euros a piece throughout they year on adverts.ie - theres so many sellers of these there!

Set up an alert on camelcamelcamel if interested and wait a while - Amazon might keep adding stock.

Its a great device for watching streaming stuff - and the remote controls the tv as well - only major thing it lacks over android boxes is it has no usb port for reading files off usb or sd cards - that would have been nice.

Edit: ahhh - just googled and you can read usb sticks - I might even have this cable too - must give it a go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjhe5hSXE_E&ab_channel=Econoballer

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Redlim

IIRC this doesn't naturally support multiple zones. You'd have to put thermostatic valves on each rad to replicate heating zones.

Think it should be ok for 2 basic zones as per below link. But I think it gets awkward if you also want room by room control with the smart TRVs on top of the zones. A TRV calling for heat will never receive that heat if the zone valve isn't open.

https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3481812-how-does-tado-control-a-multi-zone-radiator-heating-system

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭This is it

Got a few of those Yankee candle things, handy presents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

This is it wrote: »
    Got a few of those Yankee candle things, handy presents

Yeah got one, nice set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Any indication that the Deco m5 might be reduced? Could do with adding another one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement