Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

lassykk wrote: »
    Do you have a recommendation for one?

ExpressVPN and Ivacy not working for me lately.

Sorry for the OT

SmartDNSProxy. https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
    7 day trial (they'll mercilessly bombard you with offers at end of trial, stick it out and it may go to 70% off :)
    Included is a vpn if you want (I don't bother but it's handy if required)
    My tip - use the Swedish and Dutch DNS servers for streaming.
    I've had it for a good few years, no complaints.
    I think they and Getflix are the same company, different branches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

For those asking and anybody ordering with delivery dates in January this might be helpful to know.

[URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Good price for a 3.2 (Gen 2) USB-C SSD (Latest standard). 1TB is roughly double the price but still decent. Pity it’s only the red colour.

£59 - Samsung T7 Portable SSD - 500GB - USB 3.2 Gen.2 External SSD (Red)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087DFLF9S/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The giant Toblerone they sell is troubling on 2 counts.

The first is that despite being reduced by 24% its still way over priced at €63.18

Secondly, its available used...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,843 ✭✭✭✭Basq

py2006 wrote: »
    Just means packaging damaged / dented..

But Toblerone is overrated anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Basq wrote: »
    Just means packaging damaged / dented..

But Toblerone is overrated anyways.

Dealz do a range of Toblerone knock-offs in a range of different flavours that are very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Toblerone stinks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

DubDJ wrote: »
    For those asking and anybody ordering with delivery dates in January this might be helpful to know.

[URL]

Parcel Motel would bypass this, right?

rizzee wrote: »
    Parcel Motel would bypass this, right?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Ah balls, so duty either way is likely? Probably best to wait for further info then and cancel if duty is too high, thanks

It's not somethung that can change it's a fixed number so no need to wait and see what it is. If the UK leaves the free market then stuff from the UK will be taxed the same as stuff from everywhere else outside the free market. 23% on most things afaik. Plus a €10-20 charge on delivery for the delivery company handling customs if it wasn't paid at the time of purchase.

The exemption on items costing under €22 is also being removed in 2021.

• Advertisement

The giant Toblerone they sell is troubling on 2 counts.

The first is that despite being reduced by 24% its still way over priced at €63.18

It's not at all overpriced. The cheapest you can ever find chocolate is around €10 per kg, brands like Cadbury and Galaxy can go as high as €20 per kg. This is £12.5 per kg.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

GarIT wrote: »
    It's not somethung that can change it's a fixed number so no need to wait and see what it is. If the UK leaves the free market then stuff from the UK will be taxed the same as stuff from everywhere else outside the free market. 23% on most things afaik. Plus a €10-20 charge on delivery for the delivery company handling customs if it wasn't paid at the time of purchase.

The exemption on items costing under €22 is also being removed in 2021.

But won’t everything on Amazon then fall by the standard UK VAT rate as its then considered an export outside of the EU?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    But won’t everything on Amazon then fall by the standard UK VAT rate as its then considered an export outside of the EU?

I assume you mean outside the UK. And I believe that is up to the UK, but potentially yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bromley52

GarIT wrote: »
    ...The exemption on items costing under €22 is also being removed in 2021.

Noooooooo!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Masala

Jaysus.... taking away the exemption under €21 is a bit mean. Can’t be that much money lost to the government if it left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm assuming (hoping) that if everything goes arseways, there'll be an option on .co.uk that you can filter the products to those sold by Amazon EU Sarl?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Thinking of getting this Ring Video Doorbell £69/€77 as a present for someone. Had a look at Irish websites like DID and haven't seen it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Masala wrote: »
    Jaysus.... taking away the exemption under €21 is a bit mean. Can’t be that much money lost to the government if it left

EU decision not an Irish government decision

Lads, is the Fire HD 10 Tablet any use? I am thinking of getting it for my elderly father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Just buy from Amazon .de .it .fr and .it and pay in Euro, forget about the UK store. It's the same thing. The Amazon app even gives you the option of English language listings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Berberis wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this Ring Video Doorbell £69/€77 as a present for someone. Had a look at Irish websites like DID and haven't seen it cheaper.

Just got the Ring 3. Good piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Correct me if I'm wrong but I presume that anything ordered (bought and paid for) before January 1st will not attract any of the new customs or Vat charges. Possibly shipping charges will be higher but the item price should not change.

I would also expect an announcement soon enough that Amazon.ie is going to be a thing.

Wouldn't have thought so, think there's only 14 country specific domains globally so little old Ireland would be very unlikely to get one

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Nail on the head
    No deal brexit will make the U.K. site like shopping on the us site
    Waste of time

Yeah there's a few things you need to look out for. German and French laptops won't come with QWERTY keyboards and will need to investigate the plugs as most stuff will be European socket and may not ship with UK adapters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It's a balls alright. I love shopping online so a no deal Brexit is going to be painful seeing as most items I buy online come from the UK.

On the plus side Boards is going to be a great resource as we adjust to buying from other places.

Some of the Alexa devices are cheaper on the German site, just looking there now. I assume you need to register with separate email etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Berberis wrote: »

That's a great price for the bell + chime. I paid €119 for both in September

Some of the Alexa devices are cheaper on the German site, just looking there now. I assume you need to register with separate email etc

Just change to the .de store with you current login. If you have prime on the UK store it will not carry over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Just change to the .de store with you current login

Do Amazon still change prices depending on user and location?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 510 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

There should be a Amazon chat thread similar to the Argos one on here

• Advertisement

Do Amazon still change prices depending on user and location?

Yes. There are German parcel motel type services like https://www.mailboxde.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement