Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭NATLOR

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D1LTRGW?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Anyone got any thoughts on this air fryer looks a decent price with good reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

NATLOR wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D1LTRGW?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Anyone got any thoughts on this air fryer looks a decent price with good reviews

It was £49.99 two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

Esse85 wrote: »
    It was £49.99 two years ago.

We bought back then, excellent bit of kit, great for sausages, gougons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

NATLOR wrote: »
    Warehouse, used very good with 30% discount

Maybe I’m blind but can’t find these for that price, lowest Used ones are coming up as €111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Amazon is just playing people now with the sales

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Maybe I’m blind but can’t find these for that price, lowest Used ones are coming up as €111

30% off is applied at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭PreCocious

I'm considering this. Did they drop by more last year ? Are they likely to drop more during the next week?

Is it better to get one without Ads for €99? I'm not buying it for myself, it's for an older person to access the internet. I'm not sure how much of an annoyance the ads would be.

I got this last year on Black Friday from Argos and have ordered another one today.

The ads are unobtrusive - they only appear on the lock screen and the home page. They don't show in books or on internet sites (just the "normal" ads on pages).

I've had success contacting amazon from the device itself and asking for ads to be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

PreCocious wrote: »
    I got this last year on Black Friday from Argos and have ordered another one today.

The ads are unobtrusive - they only appear on the lock screen and the home page. They don't show in books or on internet sites (just the "normal" ads on pages).

I've had success contacting amazon from the device itself and asking for ads to be removed.

If I was buying it for myself I wouldn't even notice the ads. As the poster is buying it for someone else I'd pay the extra to get rid of them.

You can use something like this to remove the ads anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    My 3 year old has this. Great tablet for that. We paid more than double that.

This is a better tablet and cheaper

10.1'' Inch Google android Tablet PC,PADGENE Android 8.1 Phablet Tablet Quad Core Pad with 2GB RAM 32GB ROM, Dual Camera, 5G WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS,1280x800 HD IPS screen, Google play

The Fire is not great, very limited on what apps you can get, especially when kids start playing with other kids outside. Learnt from Experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

The Fire is not great, very limited on what apps you can get, especially when kids start playing with other kids outside. Learnt from Experience

Use the app above to put the Playstore on and you have a world of apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

So the people that have the Fire tablet 10”, would ye recommend it at that price? Thinking of buying for my OH, she’s no tablet, mostly be used for browsing, streaming and work video calls. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Basq wrote: »
    Load of crap as expected.. to bed with me!

No need for Amazon to post genuine offers when people will hoover up any old junk .

There were hardly any decent offers last year for Black Friday, it will probably be worse this year due to Amazon having such a good year .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I got a couple of Fire's over the years for the kids. They are good value and a decent "starter" tablet. Over time though the become a real pain as they underpowered and the whole Amazon permissions thing gets a bit tiresome.

If I was buying one for an adult I would shop around for "standard" Android tablets, decent value to be had by going for lesser known or Chinese brands.

This one is £85 after applying the voucher.

VANKYO MatrixPad S10 10 inch Tablet, Android 9.0 Pie, 32GB ROM, 2GB RAM, 8MP Rear Camera, HD IPS Display, Quad-Core Processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, FM, OTG, USB Type-C Charging, Slate Black

Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Smurts

Any opinions on the ring doorbells? The later generations seem to be twice as expensive as the Series 2 but dont seem to do a whole lot more, £60 for the series 2 is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

Caranica wrote: »
    This was posted over on the Christmas forum. 49% off this Yankee candles gift set. Genuinely a good price for this.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H5W2F3V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_ZSrSFb8P11K09

Back down to 28 pound for the next 12 hours. Didnt miss it this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Smurts wrote: »
    Any opinions on the ring doorbells? The later generations seem to be twice as expensive as the Series 2 but dont seem to do a whole lot more, £60 for the series 2 is decent

I have the second generation, it's not the 2, so I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to. Got it in September and it's great for peace of mind and also dealing with couriers who arrive at inconvenient times. I got mine directly from ring and paid €119 for the bell and chime. A few weeks later Amazon cut the price to £59 on prime day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 niallmph

Buy the Blink Camera's instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

They seem to be the market leader at that price point. I'm going to order the series 2. Trying to figure out if I can use an Echo Dot instead of a Ring Chime to hear the chime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

dinneenp wrote: »
    They seem to be the market leader at that price point. I'm going to order the series 2. Trying to figure out if I can use an Echo Dot instead of a Ring Chime to hear the chime.

We have ring doorbell and cameras on the outside. Great system, no issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Smurts

niallmph wrote: »
    Buy the Blink Camera's instead.

There is no blink doorbell, you mean an external blink camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭antomack

justshane wrote: »
    So the people that have the Fire tablet 10”, would ye recommend it at that price? Thinking of buying for my OH, she’s no tablet, mostly be used for browsing, streaming and work video calls. Thanks in advance.

Just adding my thoughts, have purchased a number of Amazon tablets over the years (7, 8 and 10) and once you put on Play Store, etc. they are some of the best value going, would rate the 8 and 10 above the 7. Not sure how useful it would be for video calls as fairly low res cameras on them.

I also have some chinese tablets which would have higher spec but the battery seems to be an issue, after 7/8 months battery life goes to hell, lucky to get 2 hours straight use.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Not specific to Ring but I bought a wireless doorbell non video a week or so ago great device no battery required with 2 plug in loud chimes and worked perfectly from the start. However over the next couple of days I noticed the picture on my security cameras was distorted. Tried all the normal resetting them, resetting the router, changing from 2.4ghz to 5 ghz. Also the wifi speed on my laptop dropped below 10mb from the normal 180mb. But I discovered that it was the wireless doorbell that was causing the issue. When I unplugged the chimes everything returned to normal.
    Quick google shows that all wireless doorbells are prone to causing interference with your wifi. I would read carefully the reviews on the Ring stuff.

Gas I ordered a bog standard wired doorbell and it arrived just now as I was typing this. Sometimes it makes sense to keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 niallmph

Yeah an external blink camera has the same functionality in that it activates when somebody comes to the door and sends an alert to your phone. You can directly speak to the person and you can also position them anywhere around your front door so they are really discrete. Now if you want a door bell that actually rings buy a Nest :-) I would like I work for Blink but they are a really nice cost effective solution

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Phoned Ring, can use it with Echo Dot instead of Chime.

Phoned Ring, can use it with Echo Dot instead of Chime.

You can but then you can only hear it where the dot is. I have three dots and a show but still got the chime and am glad I did. Also if your WiFi is patchy, the chime plus has a built in WiFi extender. I didn't need that but my neighbours did.

I've hardwired my ring doorbell to save needing to recharge. There are ways to then connect to your existing doorbell chime but I deliberately wanted something different as I can hear my neighbours bell if I have windows open and have often run to the door thinking it was mine. Not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Amazon is just playing people now with the sales

You've nailed it here.

I suspect it's all part of a fiendish plot to, gasp make money. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

Caranica wrote: »
    You can but then you can only hear it where the dot is. I have three dots and a show but still got the chime and am glad I did. Also if your WiFi is patchy, the chime plus has a built in WiFi extender. I didn't need that but my neighbours did.

I've hardwired my ring doorbell to save needing to recharge. There are ways to then connect to your existing doorbell chime but I deliberately wanted something different as I can hear my neighbours bell if I have windows open and have often run to the door thinking it was mine. Not any more.

I got the Ring 3 last sale

Pros:
    * It came with a free Echo Show - watch out for that deal
    * It connects to the existing bell using the existing door wires - no need for chime - it rings old style bell and charges from the wires.
    * The V3 records before the event happens - main reason I got it.
    * It also rings on all the Echos and my phone (a bit overkill sometimes)
    * Good fish eye view

Negatives:
    * You pay per year - not much, but still more than free with other doorbells
    * ok in dark when close up - but not to end of driveway.
    * had to use 2.4Ghz wifi - wouldn't work well even short distance with 5ghz - but we have both from Virgin media hub so wasn't a big deal switch it over.

“Roll it back”

Most of my smart devices won't use 5ghz either. Very frustrating when the signal is so much stronger.

I looked at the 3 but couldn't justify the extra money. I live in a duplex and motion is triggered from the steps to the front door so didn't need the advance recording as I already have it. I can see how it would be beneficial with a driveway or potential access from gardens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Garmin watches up to 31% off.

Just saved £100 off the Garmin Venu, whoop whoop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement