Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Which ones did you get?

I have 4 in my basket for 30 STG

TECKIN Smart Plug 13A WiFi Smart Socket Works with Alexa Echo Google Home, Timing Function Remote Control No Hub Required 4 Pack

Probably don't need 4 but no doubt they'll be handy for hard to get at sockets

I got the 3 pack for €24. Set one up so far. Seemed fairly straight forward. I have 8 Sonoff ones already, but I'm finding them too big for plug extensors!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

antodeco wrote: »
    I got the 3 pack for €24. Set one up so far. Seemed fairly straight forward. I have 8 Sonoff ones already, but I'm finding them too big for plug extensors!

where did you get the 3 for 24, cant find them any where

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Went to buy the plugs and got the offer of 30 days free trial of Amazon Prime.... yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YY9NKSF/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_gtuUFbN1QBGGM

Thinks it might be these, asked if I wanted these when adding 4 pack to basket

It was a lightning deal yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Yeah I got 2 for 20gbp too. A couple of glitches setting up, but working fine now(I don't like that I need to set up in another app before sharing with Alexa/Google).!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Purchased 3 smart plugs last night at 11:30pm and they arrived just there!
    Fulfilled from the Irish warehouse maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Their delivery times are odd. I ordered a ring doorbell during the week which said it would be delivered Dec 1st and got here yesterday. I also ordered a playpen which said it would be delivered yesterday and hasn't even left the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kennage

Anyone any idea what's goin on with the Firestick it's showing as currently unavailable for me & my girlfriend but I'm in a group with a few people from UK & it's showing as in stock for them, they sent me screenshots saying in stock and they've been able to buy them, I use amazon a good bit & have never seen this happen

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It’s not available to Irish residents so you need to use U.K. amazon and U.K. address like parcel wizard etc

Thanks for that, is it the same for all Black friday deals? Strange they're doin it with the stick, got one at full price no length ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Kennage wrote: »
    Thanks for that, is it the same for all Black friday deals? Strange they're doin it with the stick, got one at full price no length ago

No, only certain items that they won't ship here.

No, only certain items that they won't ship here.

Does the account need to be originally setup with a UK address? I've got address pal from AnPost added but still showing as unavailable, tried a vpn too, same thing.

Set your default address as the U.K. one and then try again

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-change-a-delivery-address-on-amazon

That did it, thanks for the help :D

Fulfilled from the Irish warehouse maybe?

Nope. UK! I thought I might have been but it came from the UK. I must've somehow got it in during loading of the truck

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭glen123

No worries
    You should get bbc iplayer etc working in it now because of the U.K. address and if you don’t get them to switch it over in chat

Chat got my Amazon Prime sorted as it wasn't working at all but BBC iPlayer works with VPN only.

Nope. UK! I thought I might have been but it came from the UK. I must've somehow got it in during loading of the truck

Seems to Be changing for some areas. I get some stuff sent to an address in Kilcock, Kildare and it’s pretty much next day. If I get it sent to Newbridge, it’s closer to a week. A few things different, tracking # starts With GA, I can track courier on a map and get call from courier to say will be there in a few mins

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No worries
    You should get bbc iplayer etc working in it now because of the U.K. address and if you don’t get them to switch it over in chat

I don’t think the iPlayer is linked to your Amazon account, a VPN will still be needed for that to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

I asked a question regarding international Amazon's on here the other day but wanted to followup as I know people here have more knowledge in the matter.

If ordering an electrical item from Italy, Spain or Germany is there anything else that I should know about other than the plug probably being different?

Can't believe the price difference on some items, want to know if I should be aware of anything else before pulling the trigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

BamesJond wrote: »
    I asked a question regarding international Amazon's on here the other day but wanted to followup as I know people here have more knowledge in the matter.

If ordering an electrical item from Italy, Spain or Germany is there anything else that I should know about other than the plug probably being different?

Can't believe the price difference on some items, want to know if I should be aware of anything else before pulling the trigger :)

Depends on the item, but you could get really unlucky with an item not having English language software .... really bad luck to have happen, but possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

BamesJond wrote: »

Is there any items in particular your seeing at good prices

• Advertisement

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088RWMM19/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_kkxUFbCDW88XS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered a pack of these for lunch and to see if would be delivered as stated as an post were a bit overwhelmed at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Picked out a monitor under a black friday deal.. shipping to NI - delivery next week. Changed it to Dublin - delivery mid December..

Huh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Smart dns is the best option for iplayer as it’s not detected by them so easily

Do you have a recommendation for one?

ExpressVPN and Ivacy not working for me lately.

Sorry for the OT

The 30% off Amazon warehouse are real deals worth looking at in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

lassykk wrote: »
    Do you have a recommendation for one?

ExpressVPN and Ivacy not working for me lately.

Sorry for the OT

Getflix is great for DNS needs. There might be a lifetime offer for Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The 30% off Amazon warehouse are real deals worth looking at in my opinion.

Doesn't appear to work on all Warehouse items

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Sorry a bit off topic, but pre ordered some weights due for delivery in january, if there is a brexit deal as the bookies are still suggesting there will be. Does that mean we won't pay customs from stuff from the uk? And if there is no deal we will?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Sorry a bit off topic, but pre ordered some weights due for delivery in january, if there is a brexit deal as the bookies are still suggesting there will be. Does that mean we won't pay customs from stuff from the uk? And if there is no deal we will?

No one knows but it's more likely the levels of duty applicable in each scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ibrahimovic

No one knows but it's more likely the levels of duty applicable in each scenario

Ah balls, so duty either way is likely? Probably best to wait for further info then and cancel if duty is too high, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Ah balls, so duty either way is likely? Probably best to wait for further info then and cancel if duty is too high, thanks

Sorry I know I'm being stupid (and I apologise for the off topic question) but will there definitely be duty even if there's no deal? The reason I as is at the moment you pay irish vat on purchases and, if memory serves, the invoices/receipts say the seller is actually Amazon Sarl which is a Luxembourg company. Have Amazon actually said anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement