Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Hi guys,
    I'm hoping someone here mite be able to help me and save me trawling thru the 100s of posts on the fire stick.

Weve just built a new garden room and I want to be able to get TV channels etc out there. We have a sony android tv for it and an android projector. My question is would this fire stick be any advantage to me for getting sky sports etc?! We have sky in the house but because this is a separate building I dont think we'd be able to move our sky hd multi room box out there (we dont have sky q as our internet isn't the best but can still stream)

Any help on how we can watch the all Ireland out there would be greatly appreciated 😀

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

audi02 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm hoping someone here mite be able to help me and save me trawling thru the 100s of posts on the fire stick.

Weve just built a new garden room and I want to be able to get TV channels etc out there. We have a sony android tv for it and an android projector. My question is would this fire stick be any advantage to me for getting sky sports etc?! We have sky in the house but because this is a separate building I dont think we'd be able to move our sky hd multi room box out there (we dont have sky q as our internet isn't the best but can still stream)

Any help on how we can watch the all Ireland out there would be greatly appreciated 😀

Thanks all

No, there is nothing a fire stick does that you can't do already on Android TV. Learn how to use what you have. We can't help you with illegal options here

No, there is nothing a fire stick does that you can't do already on Android TV. Learn how to use what you have. We can't help you with illegal options here

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

audi02 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Any help on how we can watch the all Ireland out there would be greatly appreciated ��

Thanks all

Get Sky Q and an extra mini box for the garden room depending on how far it is from the house. The boxes create their own network and don't rely on your internet to watch live tv.
    Failing that buy a cheap PS4 or Xbox and use the Sky Go app on it. That does use your internet though.

Get Sky Q and an extra mini box for the garden room depending on how far it is from the house. The boxes create their own network and don't rely on your internet to watch live tv.
    Failing that buy a cheap PS4 or Xbox and use the Sky Go app on it. That does use your internet though.

See sky didn't give us the q box originally as our internet was so poor. Weve put an internet box out in that room now..maybe I should ring sky tomo and see what my options are?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

audi02 wrote:
    Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here mite be able to help me and save me trawling thru the 100s of posts on the fire stick.

is that one of the projectors that projects your phone? You can't cast the sky go app
    but could you project sky go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Basq wrote: »
    Looks to be the best price in the last year anyways but has been cheaper (albeit not often or for long).

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0042EU3A2

Looking for one of these, the Tefal one I got was a huge let down

I searched and they have an Essentials one? anyone know the difference or which is best to buy? Thanks

snoopy84 wrote: »
    is that one of the projectors that projects your phone? You can't cast the sky go app
    but could you project sky go

As in connect my phone via hdmi and project my phone??

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

audi02 wrote:
    As in connect my phone via hdmi and project my phone??

I believe so yeah. Sorry I don't know too much about the projectors. But I do know despite my best efforts you cannot screen cast the damn sky go app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

You can only project Sky Go using a laptop.

Phones or tablets don't allow you to put it on a bigger screen (either by wireless or wired methods).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭bassy

You can only project Sky Go using a laptop.

Phones or tablets don't allow you to put it on a bigger screen (either by wireless or wired methods).

be handy if you could put skygo on the firestick,but i don,t think you can :(

could always use a ps3 or 4 and plug it directly in to the projector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

bassy wrote: »
    be handy if you could put skygo on the firestick,but i don,t think you can :(

could always use a ps3 or 4 and plug it directly in to the projector.

Many have tried. No-one has succeeded.

I did manage to get it sideloaded on but it just gave me an error message. I've hunted the web and not found any evidence of people having it done successfully.

It is such a shame TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Monokne wrote: »
    It is such a shame TBH.

A lot like this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Darby_321

Would people recommend these smart plugs:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N3BV3CD/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2GE8P68TQ1YXI&psc=1

Or these Teckin ones:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JDYM7JW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1XFGQO5LEQK0A&psc=1

The Avatar ones has energy usage monitoring which would be handy but the Teckin ones seem to be the better known brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Darby_321 wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N3BV3CD/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2GE8P68TQ1YXI&psc=1

Or these Teckin ones:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JDYM7JW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1XFGQO5LEQK0A&psc=1

The Avatar ones has energy usage monitoring which would be handy but the Teckin ones seem to be the better known brand.

I'm using the Teckin with the Smart Life app. No problems with them, very easy to set up and use.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Darby_321

Mav11 wrote: »
    I'm using the Teckin with the Smart Life app. No problems with them, very easy to set up and use.

But there is no energy usage monitoring on the Teckin one is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I have teckin ones and the app shows the energy used per day. My teckin ones are square though. I don't know how different they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077CCPR7C?tag=camelalerts-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB

Kärcher SC2 EasyFix Steam Cleaner, Yellow

Down from £109 to £81.49 til midnight tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I've ordered these but haven't arrived yet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083Q162VP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_V7SQFbHJVP8X6

Or these Teckin ones:

Search tapo on Amazon they are the best one according to reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭micks_address

Search tapo on Amazon they are the best one according to reviews

if you have a few tp link ones apparently the tapo ones which are tplink use a different app.. probably not that big of a deal if you are using google home etc... older tplink use kasa app..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Apologies if it's been posted before.

AMAZON PRICE CHECKER

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Throw the amazon link into that, and you'll probably see that the "80% off" was 80% off from when it sold at a high price 2 years ago for a week.

Or you may see that you're actually getting a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

timetogo1 wrote: »
    I have teckin ones and the app shows the energy used per day. My teckin ones are square though. I don't know how different they are.

Which app are you using please? I’ve just received a set of teckin ones but can’t see any energy monitoring on the app they said to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

if you have a few tp link ones apparently the tapo ones which are tplink use a different app.. probably not that big of a deal if you are using google home etc... older tplink use kasa app..

I use the Kasa app for TP Link. Very easy to use and setup. The devices work well in alexa. Occasionally a device is not available over the web which can be annoying but it's rare.

I went for energy monitoring devices as well but can't remember the last time I reviewed it.

The automation I'm not mad about, it's hard to really lock in a time every day to turn things on or off.

Very useful for when you are away. Also love them at night you can switch all devices off in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Red_Open wrote: »
    Which app are you using please? I’ve just received a set of teckin ones but can’t see any energy monitoring on the app they said to download.

Smart life.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuya.smartlife

Go to your device and look for a statistics option.
    I attached a screenshot.

Can I ask a question about smart plug if I set one up to turn on and off my heating with my Internet can I also turn it on and off using my mobile let’s say if I was 10 minutes away from home can I use my mobile data to turn it on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭This is it

Can I ask a question about smart plug if I set one up to turn on and off my heating with my Internet can I also turn it on and off using my mobile let’s say if I was 10 minutes away from home can I use my mobile data to turn it on

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looking for one of these, the Tefal one I got was a huge let down

I searched and they have an Essentials one? anyone know the difference or which is best to buy? Thanks

I love my Philips one. I use it every day. I thought the missus would hate it but she thinks it's amazing too. We very rarely use the oven now.

This is faster and food is nicer.

Only issue is it has gotten a bit small for our growing family. If you are more than 2 look at a bigger one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yip that's there main use. If you forget to turn off the heating you can use your phone.

If you have Alexa or Google home in your house you can voice control them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Just a note, most of these plugs have 13A fuse. So hopefully whatever setup you have, the heating doesn't take more than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement